Season Ticket Refund?

121 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Season Ticket Refund?

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jun 2020 09:58

Schards#2 I'll watch some of the iFollow and let the club keep the overpayment. My only gripe is that decision means I also forgo a refund on the Car Park Pass which is extortionate and, given the choice, I would have taken a refund on as it's exploitatively expensive

Would agree on that front. The car park charges should have already been refunded without any quibble.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Jun 2020 10:18

The club website says all ST holders and some special* fans will get free ifollow usage to watch all remaining games.
This is free and not at all linked to the ST holders decision to either donate, refund or receive a credit for the missed games.

The donate part is interesting, Is this donate to the club or to a charitable organisation? (which may be something the owner could do directly on behalf of the club /fans and therefore not impacting club finances and allowing the club to keep the actual cash)

*not quite what they said, I can't remember the exact wording but it's on the site

Those who do donate should perhaps get rewarded - even if it's extra royalty points or something so they get priority for future purchases, Also that would be in the clubs interest as they would be selling to fans who a) can afford to donate so have spending money and b) don't seem that bothered about being refunded for non service and keep coming back - ideal customers for any organisation really!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Jun 2020 10:20

Old Man Andrews
Schards#2 I'll watch some of the iFollow and let the club keep the overpayment. My only gripe is that decision means I also forgo a refund on the Car Park Pass which is extortionate and, given the choice, I would have taken a refund on as it's exploitatively expensive

Would agree on that front. The car park charges should have already been refunded without any quibble.
Perhaps a flexible part donate and part refund would make people happy, donate the ST element and/or the cost of ifollow and refund the car park and/or credit for next season

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Jun 2020 14:41

Forbury Lion The club website says all ST holders and some special* fans will get free ifollow usage to watch all remaining games.
This is free and not at all linked to the ST holders decision to either donate, refund or receive a credit for the missed games.

The donate part is interesting, Is this donate to the club or to a charitable organisation? (which may be something the owner could do directly on behalf of the club /fans and therefore not impacting club finances and allowing the club to keep the actual cash)

*not quite what they said, I can't remember the exact wording but it's on the site

Those who do donate should perhaps get rewarded - even if it's extra royalty points or something so they get priority for future purchases, Also that would be in the clubs interest as they would be selling to fans who a) can afford to donate so have spending money and b) don't seem that bothered about being refunded for non service and keep coming back - ideal customers for any organisation really!

The donate bit is specifically and clearly explained. It is to the Community Trust, the charitable arm of the club which supports football in the community etc.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Jun 2020 14:49

Fair comment in the car parking. It’s far more expensive that it needs to be. I paid £15 to park there at the start of the 2018/19 which was taking the proverbial.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 19 Jun 2020 14:55

Nameless
Forbury Lion The club website says all ST holders and some special* fans will get free ifollow usage to watch all remaining games.

The donate bit is specifically and clearly explained. It is to the Community Trust, the charitable arm of the club which supports football in the community etc.

I imagine this is a revenue recognition thing, you can't just use money provided for one thing to pay for another, even if its a charity, there has to be a proper paper trail and accountability

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Jun 2020 15:43

Zip

Fair comment in the car parking. It’s far more expensive that it needs to be. I paid £15 to park there at the start of the 2018/19 which was taking the proverbial.

There is a webcam on the car park and all car park STH have been sent a code to use for an hour after every home game....

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Jun 2020 16:24

Linden Jones' Tash
Nameless

I imagine this is a revenue recognition thing, you can't just use money provided for one thing to pay for another, even if its a charity, there has to be a proper paper trail and accountability
Generally and I assume Legally speaking, you can't take money from people for a service, fail to provide it for whatever reasons and then refuse a refund on the basis that you've given it away. You will be liable in law. However, If they have your permission to give your refund away to charity they are covered and there is no comeback on them in terms of being liable to refund you and perhaps more importantly, no stain on their reputation (can't see Financial Fair Play looking too favorably on it)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Jun 2020 16:25

I assume they're not stopping you from parking there on match days? - If you have enough data on your phone you can even watch the game there.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Jun 2020 16:44

Forbury Lion
I assume they're not stopping you from parking there on match days? - If you have enough data on your phone you can even watch the game there.

Yes, they are. For obvious reasons there’s is no access to the site on match days.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Jun 2020 10:46

Just to remind everyone, today is the first day to make your preferred choice.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Jun 2020 11:36

windermereROYAL Just to remind everyone, today is the first day to make your preferred choice.

Not finding it easy to follow. Its asking me how many tickets to donate !?! Is that a 'season ticket' or 'match ticket' ?!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jun 2020 12:49

Zammo
windermereROYAL Just to remind everyone, today is the first day to make your preferred choice.

Not finding it easy to follow. Its asking me how many tickets to donate !?! Is that a 'season ticket' or 'match ticket' ?!

Has to be season ticket.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jul 2020 13:47

I've seen that a few season ticket holders have said they will now seek a refund because of the problems experienced with iFollow. I guess that's within their rights to do so. However, I would urge anyone who can afford to take the financial 'hit' (it was dead money anyway if the games had taken place) to seriously consider letting the club keep that money. We really don't want to be the next Wigan.

https://news.sky.com/story/wigan-athletic-football-club-goes-into-administration-12018790

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Jul 2020 14:42

RoyalBlue I've seen that a few season ticket holders have said they will now seek a refund because of the problems experienced with iFollow.

That doesn't make any sense? They were entitled to a refund anyway but weren't going to take it but because iFollow (not the club's product of course) crashed for 15 minutes of the first game they now want their money back?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 Jul 2020 15:15

I've met the public and they're dicks.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Jul 2020 15:27

The problems on iFollow have been very limited. It was imo a fair deal. Happy for the club to keep the money.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jul 2020 15:27

Zip The problems on iFollow have been very limited. It was imo a fair deal. Happy for the club to keep the money.

+1

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jul 2020 15:43

Silver Fox
RoyalBlue I've seen that a few season ticket holders have said they will now seek a refund because of the problems experienced with iFollow.

That doesn't make any sense? They were entitled to a refund anyway but weren't going to take it but because iFollow (not the club's product of course) crashed for 15 minutes of the first game they now want their money back?

I think it's those that Boris thinks have 'common sense'. They still don't appear to have grasped the concept that the club have always very generously been offering both free access to iFollow and a refund of balance of season ticket value to those that wanted it. Despite repeated explanations they still think it was an 'either or'!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2020 23:44

Sandman had a lot of problems with it and gave up v Brentford. Seemed to say he wouldn't use it again as a result.

So some people may be having more problems. But I've not experienced any.

121 posts