302 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by Platypuss » 30 Nov 2020 12:14

Old Man Andrews
Platypuss
Old Man Andrews Until everyone can go back nobody should go back.

Why? It's not a zero sum game.

Solidarity with your fellow supporters and supporters around the country.

How do you know that's what "your fellow supporters" want?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Nov 2020 12:18

Platypuss
Old Man Andrews
Platypuss

I think the vast majority of our supporters would like to go back and watch a live game but the vast majority cannot do that as yet. I would much rather nobody goes back until that typical live experience returns for all up and down the country. I don't think its fair for some clubs to have support and others not just based on geography.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Dec 2020 10:18

I`m in for Saturday, but I couldn`t see an option to load it to my access card, anyone else have a problem? needed to pay an extra £1.50 to have it posted.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Dec 2020 10:26

I thought I'd have a look to see if I could buy tickets despite only having 3k points but it does look like they've got their system correctly in place, I wasn't able to. Will have to check tomorrow providing they haven't sold out.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 01 Dec 2020 10:36

windermereROYAL I`m in for Saturday, but I couldn`t see an option to load it to my access card, anyone else have a problem? needed to pay an extra £1.50 to have it posted.

Tickets cannot be loaded to member cards. It’s either print at home for free or pay £1.50 postage

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Dec 2020 10:39

gazzer, loyal royal
windermereROYAL I`m in for Saturday, but I couldn`t see an option to load it to my access card, anyone else have a problem? needed to pay an extra £1.50 to have it posted.

Tickets cannot be loaded to member cards. It’s either print at home for free or pay £1.50 postage

I'm guessing that's because they'll have a QR code/barcode on them that the usual turnstiles wouldn't be able to read/allows the stewards to scan the codes as you come up to the east stand rather than at the turnstiles?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Dec 2020 10:43

Why don't you give me your ticket for this Saturday?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Dec 2020 10:55

Hendo
gazzer, loyal royal

I'm guessing that's because they'll have a QR code/barcode on them that the usual turnstiles wouldn't be able to read/allows the stewards to scan the codes as you come up to the east stand rather than at the turnstiles?

it also means everyone will have a document stating where they should be sitting. Your season ticket / member card doesn’t allow that without having to reference the TO database. As a rule if you move your ST seat you get sent a paper ticket anywayand virtually no one will be sat in their ‘usual’ seat.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Dec 2020 11:01

Nameless
Hendo
gazzer, loyal royal

it also means everyone will have a document stating where they should be sitting. Your season ticket / member card doesn’t allow that without having to reference the TO database. As a rule if you move your ST seat you get sent a paper ticket anywayand virtually no one will be sat in their ‘usual’ seat.

Ah yeah, that too!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2020 11:55

so every supporter will sit a minimum of 1m apart with every other seat sold in any single row, to create a chess board-like chequered pattern across the stand.

Am I missing something here or have they dramatically increased the size of the seats whilst we've been away? I don't recall our seats being a metre wide, even allowing for the fittings/supports. Only the posh seats in the Upper West enjoy that level of wide seats and spacing!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Dec 2020 12:12

Platypuss
Old Man Andrews
Platypuss

Welcome back platypuss, I was worried that you hadn't been seen since April

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 Dec 2020 12:14

RoyalBlue
so every supporter will sit a minimum of 1m apart with every other seat sold in any single row, to create a chess board-like chequered pattern across the stand.

Am I missing something here or have they dramatically increased the size of the seats whilst we've been away? I don't recall our seats being a metre wide, even allowing for the fittings/supports. Only the posh seats in the Upper West enjoy that level of wide seats and spacing!

"every other seat sold in a row"

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Dec 2020 12:21

RoyalBlue

Well a metre is around 3 feet so no you haven`t. but the seat in front is unoccpied, if you are not facing the person next to you it`s not really an issue.
I will be wearing a face covering too.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Dec 2020 12:38

have you heard of wind?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Dec 2020 12:49

Maneki Neko have you heard of wind?

Only when i fart. by that theory it would not matter if you were a metre apart or not.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Dec 2020 15:27

Really geared up for it but I got cold feet. I've got the points but just looking at all the restrictions etc and it just puts me off. Hope the people that go can make plenty of noise. When you goto stadiums and that are that empty it really is hard to get up for it. Which I guess is the point OMA has made.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Dec 2020 16:55

if theres only 2k people, pretty sure they can spread people a lot wider than every other seat

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Dec 2020 16:56

Nameless
John Madejski's Wallet so as someone who apparently rolled over my ST money from last season AND paid deposit (but too late as i had no idea i had to), I get zero chance of a ticket

How do i go about getting back my deposit money AND my left over ST money from last season ?

Ever tried getting a refund on a lottery ticket if you don’t win ?

The ST retainer payment was pretty widely publicised, I got emails from the club and it was talked about on here.

I honestly never had an email

Also, what happened to my ST that rolled over from last year? How was that not a retainer? :?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Dec 2020 17:09

Hound if theres only 2k people, pretty sure they can spread people a lot wider than every other seat

I guess as they're only opening the east stand for the reduced attendances this would make sense if the capacity would then increase to 4,000 if Reading gets put into Tier 1, saves them making 2 sets of new seating plans, I guess as the East Stand sits about 8,000? Plus if it is only 2,000 people will then be able to move a little bit further away as well.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Dec 2020 17:13

John Madejski's Wallet
Nameless
John Madejski's Wallet so as someone who apparently rolled over my ST money from last season AND paid deposit (but too late as i had no idea i had to), I get zero chance of a ticket

How do i go about getting back my deposit money AND my left over ST money from last season ?

Ever tried getting a refund on a lottery ticket if you don’t win ?

The ST retainer payment was pretty widely publicised, I got emails from the club and it was talked about on here.

I honestly never had an email

Also, what happened to my ST that rolled over from last year? How was that not a retainer? :?

I only got 1 e-mail, but that might be because I did it straight away.

JMW - you might want to check you're e-mail settings that it doesn't either go into junk or the club have the wrong e-mail address for you?
It was widely discussed on here and was on all social media as well, tbh. You did well to miss it.

The ST which rolled over from last year is/was the retainer. You just had to do it by 2nd October. Full FAQs are here - https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/faq.html

302 posts