RFC/EFL Annual Fan Survey

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RFC/EFL Annual Fan Survey

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2022 08:37

Jagermesiter1871 Probably since 2018 I've seen it being used at almost every Reading game; no idea how you lot are missing it. I remember Stevenage away in the cup a few years back the whole toilet cubicle at it.

We don't spend time trying to get a look at guys in the toilet cubicles?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Mar 2022 08:40

Would suggest the "experts" who seem to know so much about cocaine use at games should spend less time doing cocaine at games.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 23 Mar 2022 10:21

NathStPaul
Greatwesternline You don't see it because it's an illegal drug and therefore at a Reading game with the Reading fanbase it is still to an extent a taboo. its taken in the toilet cubicles of a key or finger.

If you see a queue of 20 something men for the cubicles you're largely seeing a queue for cocaine taking.

On any away trip to the pub any visit to the toilet you will hear a lot of it, less so for Reading as the away support is fairly family orientated.

What a complete load of horseshit.

Any bits in particular you disagree with? If you cant hear sniffing in the toilets of football grounds you might need to get the old ears syringed.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Mar 2022 10:27

Greatwesternline
NathStPaul
Greatwesternline You don't see it because it's an illegal drug and therefore at a Reading game with the Reading fanbase it is still to an extent a taboo. its taken in the toilet cubicles of a key or finger.

If you see a queue of 20 something men for the cubicles you're largely seeing a queue for cocaine taking.

On any away trip to the pub any visit to the toilet you will hear a lot of it, less so for Reading as the away support is fairly family orientated.

What a complete load of horseshit.

Any bits in particular you disagree with? If you cant hear sniffing in the toilets of football grounds you might need to get the old ears syringed.

Firstly if you're hanging around toilet cubicles at football matches you're a very odd human. If you're hanging around them paying attention to "sniffing" you're even weirder.
Secondly, have you with your own eyes seen anyone take cocaine at a football match or are you just putting a lot of circumstantial evidence together and reaching an opinion that you are now presenting as fact?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 23 Mar 2022 10:29

NathStPaul Would suggest the "experts" who seem to know so much about cocaine use at games should spend less time doing cocaine at games.

You do realise there are a whole generation of people who don't really see any difference in getting 8 pints deep, compared to say a gram of coke, the main difference being one costs you loads and makes you sleepy, the other costs you less and makes you more chatty / aggressive energetic.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 23 Mar 2022 10:31

NathStPaul
Greatwesternline
NathStPaul What a complete load of horseshit.

Firstly if you're hanging around toilet cubicles at football matches you're a very odd human. If you're hanging around them paying attention to "sniffing" you're even weirder.
Secondly, have you with your own eyes seen anyone take cocaine at a football match or are you just putting a lot of circumstantial evidence together and reaching an opinion that you are now presenting as fact?

The thing about toilets at football is you have to queue. So you can't really help "hanging around".

Then you need to do your business. Then you also need to wash your hands. So all in your you can spend a good three minutes in the toilets, during which time you will hear plenty of sniffing coming from the cubicles. I'm mildy amused you are taking this revelation so badly.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Mar 2022 10:34

Greatwesternline
NathStPaul
Greatwesternline

The thing about toilets at football is you have to queue. So you can't really help "hanging around".

Then you need to do your business. Then you also need to wash your hands. So all in your you can spend a good three minutes in the toilets, during which time you will hear plenty of sniffing coming from the cubicles. I'm mildy amused you are taking this revelation so badly.

What a long winded way of saying "No I haven't".

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 23 Mar 2022 10:40

NathStPaul
Greatwesternline
NathStPaul Firstly if you're hanging around toilet cubicles at football matches you're a very odd human. If you're hanging around them paying attention to "sniffing" you're even weirder.

What a long winded way of saying "No I haven't".

People smuggle their beers past the stewards and feel shifty about it, do you really think they are going to pop out a key loaded with charlie in the open air of the stadium where it may blow off said vessel and you've lost a good few £££ of you bag, or risk being seen by a steward and being ejected from the stadium, or do you think they will do it indoors away from the risk of wind, and where no steward will see them.

This is a long winded way of saying people in the extended group that i attend games with take cocaine in the toilets.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Mar 2022 10:42

Greatwesternline
NathStPaul
Greatwesternline

Even though I don't doubt that it happens with some fans, to suggest that people sniffing in a cubicle at a football game is concrete evidence that someone is doing cocaine at a game is pretty ridiculous. Again, I don't disagree that, in some circumstances, that is the case, but not in every circumstance.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Mar 2022 11:01

Never seen anything in Y19, tbf. Although that might have something to do with the fact that no one but me sits there.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 23 Mar 2022 11:10

YorkshireRoyal99
Greatwesternline
NathStPaul Firstly if you're hanging around toilet cubicles at football matches you're a very odd human. If you're hanging around them paying attention to "sniffing" you're even weirder.

Even though I don't doubt that it happens with some fans, to suggest that people sniffing in a cubicle at a football game is concrete evidence that someone is doing cocaine at a game is pretty ridiculous. Again, I don't disagree that, in some circumstances, that is the case, but not in every circumstance.

Naturally not everyone with a runny nose on a cold winters day is taking cocaine in the toilets. But take a look at the queue for cubicles for pubs near grounds on away trips and the toilets inside the ground. Ask yourself whether there really are that many 20 something men needing a number 2 in the middle of the day.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Mar 2022 11:34

Greatwesternline
YorkshireRoyal99
Greatwesternline

Naturally not everyone with a runny nose on a cold winters day is taking cocaine in the toilets. But take a look at the queue for cubicles for pubs near grounds on away trips and the toilets inside the ground. Ask yourself whether there really are that many 20 something men needing a number 2 in the middle of the day.

Or maybe people would just rather use a cubicle as opposed to a urinal? Or that the urinals are full? I don't exactly take note of how people use the toilet to be honest, but that's the only other things I can think of.

Again, I don't doubt it does happen, but I'm not sure how you can prove it based off what you're saying. Yes, pubs are busy, people drink, people need the toilet, there will be large queues, that's not abnormal.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Mar 2022 11:56

I have IBD so use the cubicles before the match and at half time (if I’m lucky then that’s it!). In my experience the majority of people using the cubicles are either old geezers or children. I’ve never thought “oh, he’s popping in there to use cocaine”.

It’s probably more common at away games, and places other than the North Stand at the Madejski. Suspect

Generally don’t give a shit if people want to get high at football. Yeah, widespread use probably leads to more violence, but so does alcohol. Treat them the same way.

boycey

by boycey » 23 Mar 2022 12:57

Those disabled toilets under Y25 have seen some serious action.

so I'm told.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2022 13:13

SCIAG I have IBD so use the cubicles before the match and at half time (if I’m lucky then that’s it!). In my experience the majority of people using the cubicles are either old geezers or children. I’ve never thought “oh, he’s popping in there to use cocaine”.

It’s probably more common at away games, and places other than the North Stand at the Madejski. Suspect

Generally don’t give a shit if people want to get high at football. Yeah, widespread use probably leads to more violence, but so does alcohol. Treat them the same way.

Yep. 20s is also the most common age for IBD to appear, young men often have terrible diets, and a lot of people have shy cock.

I'm with YR, GWL seems to have decided that because some of his friends are coke heads anything that could possibly be coke use is.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 23 Mar 2022 22:04

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG I have IBD so use the cubicles before the match and at half time (if I’m lucky then that’s it!). In my experience the majority of people using the cubicles are either old geezers or children. I’ve never thought “oh, he’s popping in there to use cocaine”.

Yep. 20s is also the most common age for IBD to appear, young men often have terrible diets, and a lot of people have shy cock.

I'm with YR, GWL seems to have decided that because some of his friends are coke heads anything that could possibly be coke use is.

I was merely pointing out for those in the back of the room why they won't "see" cocaine use in football grounds and yet, it is all around them. But for some reason some people on here would rather argue the toss over it, rather than simply go, "oh ok, i didnt realise that all the cocaine usage at football is done in the toilets and therefore that is why i havent seen it, and oh i didnt realise that lots of the time you can literally hear people doing coke even at the mad stad, i'd never thought about it before."

Not sure why some people are so defensive about something that isn't even an opinion, its a fact of life for a hell of a lot of young people. drugs / booze at football? makes no difference, they're both drugs.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Mar 2022 07:57

I’ve never seen it happen or heard anything that sounds suspicious at home

But then the idea of doing a line and then sitting and watching Reading at home in the eamonn Dolan is utterly bizarre. I mean I know you need something to take your mind if what’s going on on the pitch but not that…

Can we’ll imagine some of the clowns who charge at the oppo in the 1871 when we score or some of the more vociferous fans at away games are smashed on the stuff though. Haven’t always found the atmosphere in the away end particularly pleasant on some of the games I’ve been to, and could easily see the link

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Mar 2022 08:17

Well, I didn’t expect such an entertaining read when I opened this thread :lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Mar 2022 16:01

My best guess would be at least 30% of c1871/y26 are on gear every match day.

boycey

by boycey » 24 Mar 2022 17:49

Would make for an interesting poll.