WTF is going on with the online fan store?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: WTF is going on with the online fan store?

by Elm Park Kid » 29 Nov 2022 10:42

Well, both Saints and Coventry have had to close both their physical and online stores due to issues with the operator.

I mean . . . .there will be reasons why this has happened. It's not like there's some 16 year old temp that forgot to put the order in for Home Shirts. Some people are just looking for excuses to have a go at the club they are supposed to support.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 29 Nov 2022 21:58

Brogue I just want to buy a Reading shirt for my daughter for Christmas. for the first time I’m getting her a half season ticket. the couple of games I’ve taken her to over the last two seasons she’s really enjoyed. And she’s desperate for a shirt. Is it too much to ask you, Reading Fc, that you have a football shirt in your club shop for sale for Christmas? Of course it is. Fcuking bullshit. And I read the other thread yes. No other club who has macron as the kit make are having supply issues in the uk.. I’m fuming

The 4 teams in England below. Been on each of their websites and every single one has stock of home and away in adult and junior sizes. So whoever is blaming supply issues or brexit or whatever. Please explain why all of the clubs below have stock? I’ll tell you the answer. We are a fcuking shambles at stuff like this always have been. That’s why, nothing to do with worldwide global supply issues or brexit. It’s simple we are shit.

Palace
Forest
Stoke
Blackburn

For some clubs "tinpot" is an insult, for us it's an aspiration.

mad79

by mad79 » 30 Nov 2022 08:27

Supply issues :) :) :) :) The shirts are made from recycled plastic and there’s a lot of it around. I can help. My red bin is full. I could take it over to the ground if needed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2022 16:11

Elm Park Kid Well, both Saints and Coventry have had to close both their physical and online stores due to issues with the operator.

I mean . . . .there will be reasons why this has happened. It's not like there's some 16 year old temp that forgot to put the order in for Home Shirts. Some people are just looking for excuses to have a go at the club they are supposed to support.

There are times when it's important to distinguish between the club and the business and personally I think this is one of them. The fan store is a very important business tasked with providing vital income to the club and, as a business, it appears to be being run pretty poorly.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Dec 2022 16:58

From what I’ve heard, Fanatics told the club they would sell X number of shirts which was much higher than the club have sold in recent years. The club went along with it because Fanatics were the ones taking the risk. So if Fanatics have sold out despite making big promises, that suggests that there has been a lot of demand that the club weren’t expecting.

Maybe I’m missing a piece of the puzzle, but it would seem like the arrangement has worked out well for the club, just not necessarily for all fans.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2022 18:37

SCIAG From what I’ve heard, Fanatics told the club they would sell X number of shirts which was much higher than the club have sold in recent years. The club went along with it because Fanatics were the ones taking the risk. So if Fanatics have sold out despite making big promises, that suggests that there has been a lot of demand that the club weren’t expecting.

Maybe I’m missing a piece of the puzzle, but it would seem like the arrangement has worked out well for the club, just not necessarily for all fans.

If it hasn't worked out well for all fans then, whilst it may have worked out better for the club from previous seasons (assuming that what you've heard is correct), it hasn't worked out as well as it should have done for the club. There will have been a lot of lost income if fans aren't able to buy things like replica shirts in the run up top Christmas.

I've been looking to spend quite a lot of money on infants' kits for all of this season but they've never had them in stock. All they're doing is trying to sell off the 150 year kits which the kids already have. I'm sure that I'm by no means the only supporter looking to spend money on replica kits but unable to do so.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Dec 2022 16:53

SCIAG From what I’ve heard, Fanatics told the club they would sell X number of shirts which was much higher than the club have sold in recent years. The club went along with it because Fanatics were the ones taking the risk. So if Fanatics have sold out despite making big promises, that suggests that there has been a lot of demand that the club weren’t expecting.

I think what has ACTUALLY happened is the club did the ordering for this season (because Fanatics weren’t on board this time last year when ordering is done). The club ordered more than last year, but still not enough. Bear I mind the club are working to tight margins and couldn’t afford to over order. Fanatics are now ordering and have projected way higher potential sales, which would be at their risk. So we won’t see the benefit of using Fanatics until next season for shirts.