RFC email data breach

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RFC email data breach

by Stranded » 03 Feb 2023 13:42

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal That number being basically zero if you can be bothered to get a vpn.

I reckon there's a pretty strong chance RFC hasn't reported the breach to the ICO.

And given it happened because someone copied emails into an outlook cc rather than bcc field, they don’t have a program for it in the first place.

If so, then we definitely deserve the 'tinpot club' label in some respects.

As for decent VPNs, some of us have them but still don't begrudge paying our club some money to watch coverage of games. Mugs we may be but at least we're doing our bit to try to ensure the club we support gets some revenue from the games.

The VPN doesn’t give you free access. It allows you to spoof your location and pay the club directly to watch games as an International fan. Iirc it's £140 to stream most league games. I'd probably pay double that tbf.

I expect most clubs have utterly dreadful IT systems.

Yep, it's 140 quid or equivalent in local currency for every game that isn't part of any international rights package. So normally about 38/39 games, though this year will be a few less.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RFC email data breach

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Feb 2023 13:44

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
If so, then we definitely deserve the 'tinpot club' label in some respects.

As for decent VPNs, some of us have them but still don't begrudge paying our club some money to watch coverage of games. Mugs we may be but at least we're doing our bit to try to ensure the club we support gets some revenue from the games.

The VPN doesn’t give you free access. It allows you to spoof your location and pay the club directly to watch games as an International fan. Iirc it's £140 to stream most league games. I'd probably pay double that tbf.

I expect most clubs have utterly dreadful IT systems.

Yep, it's 140 quid or equivalent in local currency for every game that isn't part of any international rights package. So normally about 38/39 games, though this year will be a few less.

Have there been any league games so far, because I can't recall any and I've only missed 1 and the odd half that I recall. And that 1 was because I forgot.

I don't recall having to find a bootleg stream.