will you be renewing your season ticket next year?

are you renewing your ST for next season?

definitely yes
77%
definitely no
10%
maybe yes
9%
maybe no
4%

Total votes: 231
wolfbagger

by wolfbagger » 11 Apr 2006 22:41

STAR Campaigns
Di No Saw I will renew just so I can run onto the pitch at the first game and fling my ST at JM in disgust.

JM won't of course notice from his lofty perch. But the point will have been made....

See the club tremble at the thought of such a protest.... :wink:

I realise that was a lighthearted response, however I find it utterly distasteful that somebody purporting to a representative of the fans should make light of something which right now is a very sensitive issue.

Di No Saw

by Di No Saw » 11 Apr 2006 22:52

Wolfbagger STAR were not doing that.

Their comment was aimed at me not the issue....

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 11 Apr 2006 22:58

STAR Campaigns If it helps, I have a 15 year old stepson who's 16 next week so it's a double-whammy - an "age" increase and a PL increase.

Let his mum pay bear the cost :wink:

wolfbagger

by wolfbagger » 11 Apr 2006 23:15

Di No Saw Wolfbagger STAR were not doing that.

As I've already said, I realise that. I just don't thing at a time like this it's approprate for a representative of STAR to making jokes about the situation whatever the context.

I think a number of us are beginning to wake up to the impotency of STAR and perhaps the time has come for us to vote with our feet.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Apr 2006 23:49

wolfbagger perhaps the time has come for us to vote with our feet.

Bye!

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 11 Apr 2006 23:59

Wolfbagger - are you a member of STAR?
If not, why not join and volunteer to make things better?

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 12 Apr 2006 00:00

readingbedding Definitely yes.

100%.

But I feel VERY sorry for the long-standing fans (with young kids in tow or not) who now will be financially pushed out.

yes my 5 year old boy wants to go, but i guess only some of the part time HST's dont buy their tickets......so for me its £300 (plus £95 for the carpark ticket) to £710 (plus the carpark ticket)

I warned my parents who are 62 that the ST would be over £500, so they have saved well in advance

wolfbagger

by wolfbagger » 12 Apr 2006 00:08

TheLawnMowerMan Wolfbagger - are you a member of STAR?
If not, why not join and volunteer to make things better?

I would hardly be able to "vote with my feet" if I wasn't now would I? :roll: I've been a member for many years, however I'm beginning to realise that as the club has grown STAR's influence has waned.

Just 2-0
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Just 2-0 » 12 Apr 2006 06:58

The influence of STAR has not really ever been that high, the club like to hear about supporters, but the realities of running the club carry on regardless of what STAR say to them, at least there is some contact.

Di No Saw

by Di No Saw » 12 Apr 2006 08:44

wolfbagger

As I've already said, I realise that. I just don't thing at a time like this it's approprate for a representative of STAR to making jokes about the situation whatever the context.

Sums your general contribution to HNA up really doesn't it. Never seen you as a genuine Royals fan given most of yuour posts and you think having a go about a side comment more important than real discussion.

You are a total idiot.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Apr 2006 08:45

Di No Saw You are a total idiot.

Oi, that's an insult to idiots.

Di No Saw

by Di No Saw » 12 Apr 2006 08:50

Just 2-0 The influence of STAR has not really ever been that high, the club like to hear about supporters, but the realities of running the club carry on regardless of what STAR say to them, at least there is some contact.

Not far wrong 2-0.

The club (ie JM) is a juggernaut and it is incredibly hard to shift it from it's course.
But STAR DOES get in their and make views known and it DOES manage to curb some of the ideas that appear.
For obvious reasons a lot of stuff that happens is not in the public arena and cannot be.
If STAR did not exist we would have absolutely no opportunity for fans views to get heard.
If anyone wants to put hours of psare time into trying to do better then there are some easy options
1. Get elected to the STAR board and work within the existing set up and try and make it better
2. Get organised and have your own organisation.
3. Just keep writing posts on HNA demanding 'someone' do 'something'.
4. Sit back and keep quiet.

My money is on 3 and 4 getting most interest and 1 and 2 having no one prepared to take them up.

Go on, prove me wrong and break a HNA habit of a lifetime by putting all that enthusiasm, anger and expertise to better use than another post on a message board....

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 12 Apr 2006 09:33

I will renew - but I'm not going to tell Mrs TSOC how much the thing costs. A few white lies may be in order...

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 12 Apr 2006 09:38

Definatly Yes. Been waiting years for this.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Apr 2006 10:25

I will renew mine for sure, but not certain that I can afford to cough up such a large increase for my 12 year old daughter. Her Young Royals ST for this year was less than £100; increasing that to 290 for next year is a big step.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 12 Apr 2006 10:35

Readingfanman OMFG. I expected a rise.

But from £100, to £275 you must be having a oxf*rd laugh. How the hell am I meant to fork up that kind of money when I'm 15. :? That's £15 a game, but as I'm 15 , direct debit just ain't happeneing.

ARHHGHHH!

Get a summer job and save some money!

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 12 Apr 2006 10:38

For the last couple of years I've sat in the Upper West/North corner with my two sons. The prices have been: I paid for one adult season ticket and get one child ticket included in that price, and paid the child price for the other child.

On the OS, I cna't see any mention of that arrangement continuing. So the cost of my ST next season will double. I hope that the omission of this arrangement in the announcement was simply an oversight, but, unfortunately, I doubt it. If this is the case, then the statement by the club that they wish to encourage young children to go has a bit of a hollow ring to it.

I have been waiting since 1967 for Top level football, so of course I will renew my ST's. I just hope that the stated aim of investment in the club actually happens, and that we will make a serious attempt to establish ourselves as a Prem club. I won't really mind if we get relegated next season, as long as we have a real go. What will really annoy me is if, after taking something in the region of 8-9 million in season ticket sales, plus the extra Sky revenue we don't use a significant part of that money in an attempt to continue our success. If that happens, then I will seriously consider not renewing my ST's for the season 2007/8.

Di No Saw

by Di No Saw » 12 Apr 2006 10:38

Can't believe 15 year olds have no imagination....

How about having a word with relations and telling them that this year for Xmas and birthday you want cash to pay for your ST - and by the way can you have it in advance....

Or get a job (always ads for paper boys in the newsagent)

Or flog a few CDs on ebay

Raising the cash may not be easy but bear in mind that at £100 you get your football very, very cheap this year and higher prices were more certain than anything for next season.

spickroyal

by spickroyal » 12 Apr 2006 11:46

Di No Saw
wolfbagger

Sums your general contribution to HNA up really doesn't it. Never seen you as a genuine Royals fan given most of yuour posts and you think having a go about a side comment more important than real discussion.

You are a total idiot.

I'm glad you said this Di No Saw, his posts were starting to get on my tits! Probably one of the whingers that you hear banging on for hours in the Jazz Cafe on match days....drives me mad!

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 12 Apr 2006 12:22

wolfbagger
STAR Campaigns
Di No Saw I will renew just so I can run onto the pitch at the first game and fling my ST at JM in disgust.

JM won't of course notice from his lofty perch. But the point will have been made....

See the club tremble at the thought of such a protest.... :wink:

I realise that was a lighthearted response, however I find it utterly distasteful that somebody purporting to a representative of the fans should make light of something which right now is a very sensitive issue.

I'm quite happy to spend a minute or two taking the obvious bait ....

Yes, it was a flippant comment at DNS, but there was a serious point behind it. As always, anyone is more than welcome to boycott the club if they don't like the prices the club has announced - just see how much that will hurt the club or how much they will even notice....