New Home Shirt Revealed- edit - new stuff from page 7

367 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 19 Jul 2006 14:07

I'm getting it! I think its nice......

I do hear what some of the critics are saying and I do agree to a certain extent, but I can't help liking it despite its oddities!

Best Regards

Top Flight

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 19 Jul 2006 14:12

i think it was designed by the blokes who does the £5 notes.. so that the bangladeshi sweatshops can't copy it

Gregster

by Gregster » 19 Jul 2006 14:17

I would much prefer some tassles on the underarms and maybe even some small, morris dancer style bells on the socks.

It is our first season in the premiership after all.

Alternatively, keep it as is. It's not that bad and at at least the 'hoops' on the front look of traditional size. Not sure i'll buy it but then again, my purchases seem to be made when i'm wonky after the game so I can't guarantee either way.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 19 Jul 2006 14:41

It's not too bad, not too sure about the collar though.
I expected something like this, theis is the sort of shirt that other premiership teams have, collar etc.

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 19 Jul 2006 14:41

I like the return to a more traditional Royal blue.

Still hate the massive blue panel on the back.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 19 Jul 2006 14:47

Unforunaly its premiership rules to have a plain panel on the back.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 Jul 2006 14:48

That's bullshit many times over, how many times does that have to be mentioned?

Look at Newcastle....

iPhil®

by iPhil® » 19 Jul 2006 14:55

SpaceCruiser That's bullshit many times over, how many times does that have to be mentioned?

Look at Newcastle....

:roll: Well that's clearly from this season isn't it...

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 19 Jul 2006 14:56

nice one spacey - good choice of shirt to use!!

oh, and here you go:

http://stoke.soccer24-7.com/custom/29.html

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 19 Jul 2006 15:10

Jay I Like it. It's grown on me very quickly.

Murty's shrunk. :cry:

I think it looks awful. Worst kit we've had for ages.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Jul 2006 15:20

Oh dear :(

I'll stick with my 3 year old shirt thankyou very much.

Good to see they didn't make a special effort with the quality control on Murty's kit - Just look where the shoulder hoops meet the front hoops at different places on each side.

As for different coloured arms, that's crap.

I can't see QPR getting a worse kit than this, So at least Tredder will have something to smile about.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 Jul 2006 15:21

Blue Hooped Moose nice one spacey - good choice of shirt to use!!

oh, and here you go:

http://stoke.soccer24-7.com/custom/29.html

Is that the absolute proof that this rule exists? I don't believe it is. I've searched on the web for the rules and regulations of FA Premier League and I can't find any, not even on the FA Premier League's own official website. The FA website has some rules and regulations, but nothing about this ruling.

I still think it's a load of bollocks and Reading are just following the fashion trend. Even some clubs in League Two are doing it, for God's sake!!!!

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 19 Jul 2006 15:44

Forbury Lion I'll stick with my 3 year old shirt thankyou very much.

Does it still fit?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Jul 2006 15:52

It's just a fcuking shirt! Other than that, words fail me as grown men worry over where the stitching and stripes begin and end.

As I live I learn how little most football supporters having going on between their ears most of the time that they have to get in a state about a football shirt.

:lol:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 Jul 2006 15:56

Royal Rother It's just a fcuking shirt! Other than that, words fail me as grown men worry over where the stitching and stripes begin and end.

As I live I learn how little most football supporters having going on between their ears most of the time that they have to get in a state about a football shirt.

:lol:

You've just demonstrated the typical fickle fan who wants to watch beautiful football rather than supporting the club. A lot of us want to feel pride in our shirt that our players are wearing.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Jul 2006 16:00

I would respectfully suggest that those who get in a state over where the stripes and stitching begin and end are actually displaying greater fickleness than those of us who couldn't give a toss what shirt we wear (within reason).

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Jul 2006 16:02

SpaceCruiser Is that the absolute proof that this rule exists? I don't believe it is. I've searched on the web for the rules and regulations of FA Premier League and I can't find any, not even on the FA Premier League's own official website. The FA website has some rules and regulations, but nothing about this ruling.

I still think it's a load of bollocks and Reading are just following the fashion trend. Even some clubs in League Two are doing it, for God's sake!!!!

FA Premier League Rules section F 9. The size, style, colour and design of shirt numbers, lettering and the logo of the League appearing
on a Player’s shirt or shorts and the material from which such numbers, lettering and logo are made shall be determined by the Board from time to time.

So there's a year-by-year document giving the details.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Jul 2006 16:04

This panel on the back business is just another example of clubs selling themselves down the river for the sake of the TV pound.

Kits are looking less interesting and less individual as a result and some of the identity of clubs is being worn away by it, just so that a few people watching a telly can read a number on the back of a shirt. I think it's a shame.

For the record, I'm not a fan of this horrible messy shirt, but it comes as no surprise unfortunately.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 Jul 2006 16:08

Dirk Gently
SpaceCruiser Is that the absolute proof that this rule exists? I don't believe it is. I've searched on the web for the rules and regulations of FA Premier League and I can't find any, not even on the FA Premier League's own official website. The FA website has some rules and regulations, but nothing about this ruling.

FA Premier League Rules section F 9. The size, style, colour and design of shirt numbers, lettering and the logo of the League appearing
on a Player’s shirt or shorts and the material from which such numbers, lettering and logo are made shall be determined by the Board from time to time.

So there's a year-by-year document giving the details.

Where did you find that?

From that text it suggests that there is no clear rule set in stone about back panels, just that the FA Premier League will decide whether to say that particular design is ok or not.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Jul 2006 16:11

I downloaded the FAPL rules off their webite in Mid-april this year.
Got the PDF on my memorystcik in case I ever need to refer to it - all 180 pages of it.

367 posts