Buyback scheme

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Buyback scheme

by Royalwaster » 06 Jul 2006 15:55

Any news of the buy-back scheme the club was supposed to be introducing over the summer for ST holder who can't go to a game? (I hope they do introduce it and it is a good one as it was one of the reasons I decided to buy a ST for my 6-year old son, knowing that he'd miss a fair few evening kick offs).

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyback scheme

by TFF » 06 Jul 2006 16:01

Royalwaster Any news of the buy-back scheme the club was supposed to be introducing over the summer for ST holder who can't go to a game? (I hope they do introduce it and it is a good one as it was one of the reasons I decided to buy a ST for my 6-year old son, knowing that he'd miss a fair few evening kick offs).

You can pay the upgrade for evening games (£10 last season) and take a mate.

EDIT: Having said that, I will be taking my seven year old. I'll just warn his teacher he'll be shattered the next day - and there's only the Man City game planned for evening kick off so far anyway.

Tart Man
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tart Man » 06 Jul 2006 19:11

A question for all parents that don't like to take their children to evening kickoff's due to it finishing after your childs allotted bed time:

What would you do if the Man Utd game was Midweek? Or would that be different because it's a "one off"?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Jul 2006 19:17

Tart Man A question for all parents that don't like to take their children to evening kickoff's due to it finishing after your childs allotted bed time:

What would you do if the Man Utd game was Midweek? Or would that be different because it's a "one off"?

My thinking exactly, had the big teams been in town on a midweek game then we would hear little of the upgrade rule.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 06 Jul 2006 19:24

I remember seeing a lot of kids at Arsenal.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Jul 2006 20:50

Tart Man A question for all parents that don't like to take their children to evening kickoff's due to it finishing after your childs allotted bed time:

No - she still wouldn't go.

Good enough?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 06 Jul 2006 21:18

Royalwaster Any news of the buy-back scheme the club was supposed to be introducing over the summer for ST holder who can't go to a game? (I hope they do introduce it and it is a good one as it was one of the reasons I decided to buy a ST for my 6-year old son, knowing that he'd miss a fair few evening kick offs).

How can he miss ' a fair few' when we only have 2 evening games all season and this is unlikely to change dramatically

West Lower

by West Lower » 07 Jul 2006 15:13

Given that there are only two evening games scheduled, pending any changes that may be forced upon us by Sky, only one of these clashes with the school term so my daughter will only be missing one game.

I have to say that it wouldn’t matter whether it was Man City or Man Utd she still wouldn’t be allowed to go.

As for “Buy Back”, forget it – I’m more than happy to pay for the upgrade so that I can bring someone of my choosing, after all if you offer it to the club on a Buy Back you could end up with a right wally (no offence WD) sitting next to you.

Only 36 days until Feyenoord
And only 43 days until Middlesbrough

So close and yet so far; I hope they play the montage from last season just before the boys come streaming out of the tunnel – just thinking about it brings all those memories flooding back.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 09 Jul 2006 14:15

West Lower Only 36 days until Feyenoord
And only 43 days until Middlesbrough

:D

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Jul 2006 12:20

londinium

How can he miss ' a fair few' when we only have 2 evening games all season and this is unlikely to change dramatically

Two things - like Platypus the boy'd miss the game whoever is playing; and I based my assumption on reviewed Wigan's schedule from last year which involved about 9 evening kick offs ... I hope it stays the same as it is at the moment, but once internationals and European games are taken into consideration I doubt it will just be 2 in the end, but maybe I'm too pessimistic. By the way, does anyone know whether upgrades are definitely permitted this season, how much they'll cost (£10 would make them a bargain!) and how many we get?

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 10 Jul 2006 13:14

Any chance someone actually answering his the question as I'm also interested in how the scheme works and how much you get ?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Jul 2006 13:27

My hunch as to the likely answers (at least in the early days):

1. It won't
2. Not a lot

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Jul 2006 13:50

Stuff the pretense: if it was Man U I'd take my son, Man C I'll leave him at home. Just like if we get to the FA Cup Final I'd pull out all the stops to get tickets whereas if we draw Gillingam away in the 3rd round I shan't bother going. If you're more committed, well good for you. (We've had this "commiment" discussion endless times before so let's not start that all over again.)

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Jul 2006 13:52

Stuff the pretense: if it was Man U I'd take my son, Man C I'll leave him at home. Just like if we get to the FA Cup Final I'd pull out all the stops to get tickets whereas if we draw Gillingam away in the 3rd round I shan't bother going. If you're more committed, well good for you. (We've had this "commiment" discussion endless times before so let's not start that all over again.)

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 Jul 2006 13:54

You can say that again

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 12 Jul 2006 15:34

this scheme is rubbish. you can only upgrade it three times so if i don't come back from uni my mu wants to go, but can only go three times. my dad offered to pay for an adult season ticket, an upgrade on my concession, giving the club an extra hundred quid. they said no, and promptly said to my dad that he could release the ticket back to the club to sell on, in which he replied:

if i can't pay extra for the seat, you f*ckers aren't getting any more of someone elses money that i've already paid for

robbing bar stewards

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Jul 2006 16:08

gazzer, loyal royal this scheme is rubbish. you can only upgrade it three times so if i don't come back from uni my mu wants to go, but can only go three times. my dad offered to pay for an adult season ticket, an upgrade on my concession, giving the club an extra hundred quid. they said no, and promptly said to my dad that he could release the ticket back to the club to sell on, in which he replied:

if i can't pay extra for the seat, you f*ckers aren't getting any more of someone elses money that i've already paid for

robbing bar stewards

You really don't get it do you?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 12 Jul 2006 16:37

West Stand Man
gazzer, loyal royal this scheme is rubbish. you can only upgrade it three times so if i don't come back from uni my mu wants to go, but can only go three times. my dad offered to pay for an adult season ticket, an upgrade on my concession, giving the club an extra hundred quid. they said no, and promptly said to my dad that he could release the ticket back to the club to sell on, in which he replied:

robbing bar stewards

no, i'm not really a fan of fisting, sorry

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 12 Jul 2006 16:39

West Stand Man

robbing bar stewards

I think he does. Perhaps you are missing the point here.

As I read it young gazzer has a concession s/t which is only upgradeable 3 times per season. Whilst he is at uni his mother would like to use the ticket and daddy therefore asked the club if the ticket could be upgraded to an adult ticket - presumably to be used jointly by mummy and gazzer. The club have declined the offer of further monies but have suggested tha gazzer senior might like to sell the ticket back to the club once the three upgrades have been used. I believe this facility has been declined by the gazzer family.
I can understand why there is some mild disenchantment here although obviously the club are adhering to the rules imposed to stop "dodgy" upgrades.

foxey

by foxey » 12 Jul 2006 17:05

i wouldnt worry about it,the stewards dont check who uses the card,the two lights that light up when you enter the ground are never kept an eye on,i know of a few that have kids tickets that should be in the next bracket,