Away Season Tickets

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 11 Jul 2006 08:23

If you only missed 4 away games last season then you deserve to be there. I have no problem with that and If I was you I would have got an away season ticket.
I dont think this topic will go away and will only get worse as the season starts. I hope im wrong.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 11 Jul 2006 11:47

ayjaydee
Finch Royal
ayjaydee
l0y4l R0y4l BTW How would it be possible to sit next to the person you want to sit next to? I mean your AST would only get you a ticket? So your friend would be sitting on the otherside of the stand.

It is possible to get the club to "group" AST's together for all games. It is equally possible for them to make sure you are not sat next to someone you would prefer not to :wink:

I've just e-mailed them requesting not to be sat near you. :wink:

That'll be one more beer I don't have to buy next season!

I've just e-mailed them telling them to ignore my previous e-mail :lol: :wink:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Jul 2006 12:13

ayjaydee
RFCSinceBury1971 I have no problem with people asking for an away season ticket if there intentions are to go to every game. As a regular who travels away I like to see as many of us there as possible. However what I do not want to see is people reselling tickets to games they cant attend. Ok the odd one or two is fine with me, but we have already had one person stating he will be selling tickets on HNA for the ones he cant go to.
I dont know why this should bother me as it will not affect me. I suppose its because im a life long fan who feels that supporters who have supported the club for a number of season's, but either cant go to every game or cant afford every game and have a large number of points do have a right to be some where near the front of the queue. Also anyone who resells tickets gets the points and the buyer doesnt.
Thats my opinion and I would hope people respect it.

Whilst I may respect your opinion do we really need to re-hash a discussion that dragged over many pages previously?

I fully intend to go to every game (missed 4 in total last season)but work circumstances/illness may dictate that there are occasions where this will not be possible and I will have no hesitation to sell my ticket (for face value of course) to a fellow 'nobber.

Should I not have acquired an AST then?

Surely it is better to resell knowing that someone will benefit from seeing us play rather than me sitting at home listening to the radio whilst clutching my ticket?

I also have to admit to a feeling of being held a little bit to ransom by the club in insisting that cup tickets are included. I would probably choose not to go and watch our second string perform away to some northern Div 2 club in the meaningless cup.

I think RFCsincebury is talking about me. My circumstances are quite unsettled recently and I'm not sure what will happen over the next 10 months. I will state now that if I can't go I won't go. I will not attend everygame as I know already that the newcastle game will be aproblem.

I paid the money and as far as I am concerned I can do what I want with the ticket.

I'd like to say that I am equally as likely to decide not to go Man Utd, than to go to Watford. I would imagine I will attend 90% of the games.

As previously said, I will sell any ticket at face value.

I still can't really understand your outlook on this. It's as if you are trying to prove yourself to be the morally better person and condeming all those who can't go to all games.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 11 Jul 2006 17:50

I do not expect you to understand because I do not think you have supported RFC for long. In another 30 years a lot of things will change in football and then maybe you might see things differently.
Your life will change as you grow older and there will be times when attending football matches becomes more difficult. Some fans come for the good times and dissapear into the woodwork when the bad times arrive and reappear when the good times come back.
Im not saying your one of them but my life has revolved around RFC and I have seen a lots of ups and downs. I have always backed my local team and faced losing that because of Robert Maxwell.
RFC struggled for many years trying to just survive and then came JM who turned things around for supporters like me and bar a few setbacks has guided us to the Prem.
A lot of supporters know only of the good times and take our current postion for granted.
Sorry if you dont like it, but I stand up for long time supporters. However I have always welcomed new supporters but just wish some of them would except that if it was not for the likes of me and many others there would not be an RFC.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 11 Jul 2006 18:29

RFCSinceBury1971 I do not expect you to understand because I do not think you have supported RFC for long. In another 30 years a lot of things will change in football and then maybe you might see things differently.
Your life will change as you grow older and there will be times when attending football matches becomes more difficult. Some fans come for the good times and dissapear into the woodwork when the bad times arrive and reappear when the good times come back.
Im not saying your one of them but my life has revolved around RFC and I have seen a lots of ups and downs. I have always backed my local team and faced losing that because of Robert Maxwell.
RFC struggled for many years trying to just survive and then came JM who turned things around for supporters like me and bar a few setbacks has guided us to the Prem.
A lot of supporters know only of the good times and take our current postion for granted.
Sorry if you dont like it, but I stand up for long time supporters. However I have always welcomed new supporters but just wish some of them would except that if it was not for the likes of me and many others there would not be an RFC.

I admire your stance on behalf of long time supporters (since 1969 for me) but still cannot see what your problem is with away season tickets.
The vast majority of "long standing" supporters I know have shown no interest in going to an away game for donkeys years (with one certain exception last season).

Now, all of a sudden they will want tickets for the glamour games next season. I, for one, would rather see tickets go to relatively new fans who have been bothered to get up off their arses and go to Crewe, Bury, Swansea etc over the last few years.

I don't want to get into the whole loyalty issue but when there are currently away season tickets available I fail to see how anyone can have a problem with either the concept or the right of a holder to give/sell tickets to whoever they choose.

Surely logic would dictate that you apply the same argument to home st holders. Where do you draw the line?

If you want to be perfectly honest about things JM didn't turn things around for the likes of us as in the bad old days we numbered less than 3000. He turned things round for the town and as a result we have seen a huge increase in support recently. THe long standing supporters don't really have too much to moan about.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Jul 2006 19:53

RFCSinceBury1971 I do not expect you to understand because I do not think you have supported RFC for long. In another 30 years a lot of things will change in football and then maybe you might see things differently.

Well as you quite rightly predicted I am a relatively new supporter. I can understand your strong feelings towards to those who buy season tickets with the only intention being to go to big games. If that's what your saying.

What about new supporters who want to go EVERY game? I think anyone would be slightly frustrated at any fan if they bought a home or away ST simply for the glamour games, whether they had supported the club since the Leicester game, or since 1871.