Lost business opportunity for Reading FC

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Harold

Lost business opportunity for Reading FC

by Harold » 12 Jul 2006 17:16

Why didn’t they sell the pitch when they had it dug up? They could have cut it in to small pieces and displayed it in presentation boxes. Sold each part for about £25 or so and made a fortune.

What a lost opportunity for Reading FC. I’m sure many fans would like a souvenir of the pitch from Reading FC’s most successful season ever.

Mr Madejski, Mr Howe etc……I think you need to give me a job at your club. I’d only ask for a salary in the region of 50k per annum (Net). I could make you a mint.

Tilehurst Road
Location: And yeah I'd like to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from wok-ingham

by Tilehurst Road » 12 Jul 2006 17:21

On that note, I have for sale a pair of Yellow-gold-Yellow Adidas Forest Hills last worn during the pitch invasion with the club's chalk coverings all over them.

£10.50 ONO

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Lost business opportunity for Reading FC

by STAR Liaison » 13 Jul 2006 08:51

Harold Why didn’t they sell the pitch when they had it dug up? They could have cut it in to small pieces and displayed it in presentation boxes. Sold each part for about £25 or so and made a fortune.

What a lost opportunity for Reading FC. I’m sure many fans would like a souvenir of the pitch from Reading FC’s most successful season ever.

Mr Madejski, Mr Howe etc……I think you need to give me a job at your club. I’d only ask for a salary in the region of 50k per annum (Net). I could make you a mint.

Because they did not dig the pitch up but 'shaved' it as they have every year. The amount taken off would not have made a very presentable souvenir.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 13 Jul 2006 08:55

Think before you speak Harry

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jul 2006 13:32

starliaison
Harold Why didn’t they sell the pitch when they had it dug up? They could have cut it in to small pieces and displayed it in presentation boxes. Sold each part for about £25 or so and made a fortune.

Because they did not dig the pitch up but 'shaved' it as they have every year. The amount taken off would not have made a very presentable souvenir.

Not stopped them selling things before!!

Spotters Badge

by Spotters Badge » 13 Jul 2006 13:57

They could have made a real killing.

Shove half a dozen blades in a small clear polythene bag and get some of the youth team to hang about outside schools selling them for a tenner a go.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 13 Jul 2006 16:19

A bit a grass in a box? FFS

I have trouble enough keeping the back lawn in shape. What chance would I have with a piece of grass in a box?

It'd go all yellow. :wink:

Harold

by Harold » 13 Jul 2006 17:07

starliaison

Still make sense to relay it. I see the World Cup final stadium in Berlin is selling off bits of the pitch! Raking in an estimated £3million.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Jul 2006 18:33

You can't relay it - it's not a basic turf pitch like others are.

It's a special heavy duty pitch with a plastic mesh that the roots bind around - so you'd have to replace the whole lot and not enough people would go for that to make it worthwhile.

The WC has everyone in Italy to sell to, we don't have that sort of numbers.

Mr Irascible

by Mr Irascible » 13 Jul 2006 22:00

The last time it was dug up I rang Andy West and he let me come down and choose my piece...i went for the spot where Nicky Forster fell against Wigan. Andy explained then how it wasn't turf...grass in sand. I tried to grow it but no luck!

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1