Season Ticket query

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 29 Jul 2006 02:40

I also paid in full, and had these test things last time I checked a couple of weeks ago. I suppose if we all have this then we shouldn't worry too much about it!

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 29 Jul 2006 09:56

MartinRdg I think they need a proper IT manager. Perhaps I should apply for the job! :D

It appears that they don't have an IT function to manage. My guess is that they bought a cheap ticketing system off some software house and if anything goes wrong they have to call the supplier. And if they wanted to have a test system as well then it would cost them loads of consultancy at £1000 a day, so they just test away on the live system wthout a care!

I suppose they at least have someone in charge of backups though.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Jul 2006 13:24

moo I also paid in full, and had these test things last time I checked a couple of weeks ago. I suppose if we all have this then we shouldn't worry too much about it!

Ok, apologies - my supposition was wrong. Unless, of course, it's all part of an internal accounting exercise, where they're doing the bookkeeping as if everyone has paid in installments and doing transfers from a holding account every six months.

Alternatively, in order to make the installments system work, everyone needs to have an installment transaction, even if the amount is zero for those who paid in full.

Either way, it is pretty shoddy that these are visible and it'll only cause the kind of confusion that we're seeing now.

Gilksey

by Gilksey » 29 Jul 2006 14:03

Dirk Gently Ok, apologies - my supposition was wrong. Unless, of course, it's all part of an internal accounting exercise, where they're doing the bookkeeping as if everyone has paid in installments and doing transfers from a holding account every six months.

Alternatively, in order to make the installments system work, everyone needs to have an installment transaction, even if the amount is zero for those who paid in full.

Either way, it is pretty shoddy that these are visible and it'll only cause the kind of confusion that we're seeing now.

You are Kenneth Lay and I claim my £5.

Jay

by Jay » 29 Jul 2006 18:32

Gilksey
Dirk Gently Ok, apologies - my supposition was wrong. Unless, of course, it's all part of an internal accounting exercise, where they're doing the bookkeeping as if everyone has paid in installments and doing transfers from a holding account every six months.

Welcome back!

Gilksey

by Gilksey » 29 Jul 2006 19:10

Jay
Gilksey

Welcome back!

????

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 Jul 2006 15:57

Dirk Gently
Forbury Lion Just checked my account.

This is my ST confirmation

19/05/2006 Season 2006/2007 195 Confirmed

and three unidentified entries that have appeared since - I've removed ones I know about and my seat number.

01/08/2006 Month 2 Pre Payment Reserved
03/07/2006 test- not for sale Reserved
03/07/2006 Test 2 not for sale Reserved

The two on 03/07/06 definately look like the results of testing!

Not sure about the testing - I think they're just very poor descriptions for the below :

03/07/2006 test- not for sale = The £15 installment service charge
03/07/2006 Test 2 not for sale = Month 1 installment
01/08/2006 Month 2 Pre Payment = Month 1 installment

I take it you are paying by installments? And does anyone who paid for their ST in full also have these? - I'd suspect not.
No, I paid for my ST in full by credit card and my card was debited in full shortly after.