Boro Tickets

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 07 Aug 2006 18:23

Thanks to whoever posted the fact that the websitre cocked up and you could get tickets with less than the 100 points needed as stated.

I have plenty of points but the kids want to go and only have 90 points each.

Booked online at 9.00 this morning and all was good as it said that 0 points were needed.

Had to settle for row A, but the kids were over the moon as they will be closer to USA and can put their flag out and hopefully get on Sky too.

Thanks again. Its nice to see that the club have mucked things up yet again but for once it to My advantage.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Aug 2006 08:40

tombarlow Eventually got through to the sales centre to ask about online ticket sales, and tickets are sold from the same start times as by phone/fax.

So for those of us on 60 points of more, we only will be able to able buy tickets from 10am tomorrow (tuesday).

Really!? My son bought his at 7am and the deal went through ok. I'd get on there quickly if I were you.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2006 09:47

tombarlow Eventually got through to the sales centre to ask about online ticket sales, and tickets are sold from the same start times as by phone/fax.

So for those of us on 60 points of more, we only will be able to able buy tickets from 10am tomorrow (tuesday).

thats funny I just bought mine and it's about half nine.

Row B of the South Stand. I'll now have been in every stand of the stadium. How exciting. only tickets in three blocks of South stand left, and with more than a week to go I'd have though this may be a sell out.

by 1960 » 08 Aug 2006 13:58

Online this morning I got seats in row B or C in the three sections which were selling, that is the three western end South stand blocks. Sod that - row B. So I came out and rang the ticket office instead. I got row FF in the centre block.

The bloke said that the internet always starts at the front. So, as someone said above - they try to get you to use the online service, then make it crap, so you have to telephone. Last year you got tickets cheaper online AND they started in the middle. This was an improvement on previously, when they had started at the front, so why the hell have they reverted?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2006 14:38

wished I'd waited and called now.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 08 Aug 2006 19:28

Been trying to buy online but it's totally cocked up. Keeps telling me that I have selected two tickets and won't let me proceed to the checkout, even tried emptying my basket and logging out but when I go back it tells me the same thing. Bet I miss the game because of this. :evil:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 08 Aug 2006 19:31

Get a season ticket.

HTH.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 08 Aug 2006 19:40

No not really. I had one of those when we were in the third division.

Got one now anyway.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 10 Aug 2006 15:22

Just booked 2 tickets for nephew and cousins in south stand, row n behind the goal.
Strange though how they say we have sold all 18,000 season tickets with 1,000 people missing out, yet we still have rows of seats empty for the biggest game in our history. :roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Aug 2006 15:27

Reading Abbey Just booked 2 tickets for nephew and cousins in south stand, row n behind the goal.
Strange though how they say we have sold all 18,000 season tickets with 1,000 people missing out, yet we still have rows of seats empty for the biggest game in our history. :roll:

Simple maths - 24,200 capacity, 2,400 for away fans, 18,000 season ticket holders.

That leaves over 3,000 tickets available = rows of empty seats. Some have been sold, the rest will be sold over the next few days.

fridays child

by fridays child » 10 Aug 2006 22:14

Picked up two tickets for Boro tonight, Row T behind the goal. Was told we could sit pretty much where we liked.

PS I'm a ST holder having to move to the South stand to sit with the missus who is a PLASTIC.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Aug 2006 10:48

Rawlie19 Get a season ticket.

HTH.

Not everybody is so lucky like you to be able to attend every single game. :roll:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Aug 2006 11:03

That's rich from you. When I posted that I was in Spacey mode.

YoungRoyal

by YoungRoyal » 11 Aug 2006 12:10

YESSSSSSS i started 50th in the queue i held on for an hour with this shitty music and constant message but i got 2 tickets oh yes :D

Token Cat

by Token Cat » 13 Aug 2006 09:25

Why do some people seem to think you should have a season ticket to be classed as a proper fan? Perhaps, just perhaps, work and family commitments/living over 100 miles from the ground (like in my case) mean that some can't attend every game. Fickle as we are.

windjammer
Location: Now living down in Cornwall, but missing the Royals

by windjammer » 14 Aug 2006 11:48

SpaceCruiser Crap online service. I'm bloody stuck in row A! :x

Is there any point in ringing them up and asking them to move my seat higher up?

Having seen Spacecruiser's comments about ringing up to change seats over this last weekend I thought I'd give it a go this morning. Having over 240+ points I tried to get 2 tickets on line the first day they were available on line, 6th August. An hour and a half later it had given me nothing above Row A thru R30 across to R32, so eventually had to settle for that. So on the phone this morning and the guy at the Sales Centre now says that they don't change seats once they are sold, contradicting what Spacecruiser said, "Don't believe what you read on HobNob" was his comment. He didn't say that all the tickets were sold. He confirmed that the Internet sales start at the lower rows and work upwards. So I pointed out that surely this was discriminating against those with a high number of points and that those who could only buy online later in the week because they had fewer points would get the higher up seats. I asked why the seating plan they use in the Sales Centre couldn't be put online so as we could chose, he didn't know why.
Now before somebody jumps in and says why didn't you get a season ticket and "Johnny come lately" I would say that we have been supporting the Royals snce the 90-91 season and back in the Elm Park days we had season tickets for 2 or 3 years. Believe it or not not everyone can afford season tickets, but I think that 20 + games last season qualifies us as regular supporters, and besides I do have a life outside of football as well

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Aug 2006 11:55

windjammer
SpaceCruiser Crap online service. I'm bloody stuck in row A! :x

Is there any point in ringing them up and asking them to move my seat higher up?

Having seen Spacecruiser's comments about ringing up to change seats over this last weekend I thought I'd give it a go this morning. Having over 240+ points I tried to get 2 tickets on line the first day they were available on line, 6th August. An hour and a half later it had given me nothing above Row A thru R30 across to R32, so eventually had to settle for that. So on the phone this morning and the guy at the Sales Centre now says that they don't change seats once they are sold, contradicting what Spacecruiser said, "Don't believe what you read on HobNob" was his comment. He didn't say that all the tickets were sold. He confirmed that the Internet sales start at the lower rows and work upwards. So I pointed out that surely this was discriminating against those with a high number of points and that those who could only buy online later in the week because they had fewer points would get the higher up seats. I asked why the seating plan they use in the Sales Centre couldn't be put online so as we could chose, he didn't know why.

Dunno why you found it difficult to move seats, I did it the following day after buying the tickets (it was on a sunday, when the ticket office was likely to be shut, otherwise I'd have telephoned them pretty much straightaway), so there probably was a few empty seats to move into at that point.

windjammer Now before somebody jumps in and says why didn't you get a season ticket and "Johnny come lately" I would say that we have been supporting the Royals snce the 90-91 season and back in the Elm Park days we had season tickets for 2 or 3 years. Believe it or not not everyone can afford season tickets, but I think that 20 + games last season qualifies us as regular supporters, and besides I do have a life outside of football as well

Quite understandable, some people on here cannot understand why you don't get a season ticket - it's simple, cash and other commitments sometimes prevent you from going to all games.

windjammer
Location: Now living down in Cornwall, but missing the Royals

by windjammer » 14 Aug 2006 12:25

Obviously your first post Spacecruiser must have led to a lot of people phoning up trying to change, now they just say tickets can't be changed once allocated. They didn't say all the seats were sold just that they can't change them.

purleyroyal

by purleyroyal » 14 Aug 2006 12:40

I contacted 'member services' by email and got the following replies last last week (I'd tried to pin them down as to how it worked:

"The online ticketing is working as it did last year. Tickets have been allocated in the middle rows and in the front rows. If you do not like the seats selected online then you can ask the system to re-allocate seats for you. If you still unhappy with the selection, please call the Sales Centre on 0870 999 1871."

The internet works in that way; seats are allocated to be sold online and are allocated in the order we believe to be the best availability. This is middle, front, back. So as we have no seats in the middle section, it is offering you front. You can book tickets through our ticket line on 0870 999 1871 if this process does not suit your needs.

"Unfortunately I am unsure exactly as to how the tickets are allocated, as the online ticketing is not dealt with by the Sales Centre. If you are not happy with the selection you can ask the system to reallocate your seats, and if you are still not satisfied with the selection then you may call our Sales Centre team and pick specific seats. "

I have found that you can ask for 10 tickets and sometimes (not always) get row AA (when singly you'd get offered row A) - and then you delete 9 of them; I've got AA for M'brough and BB for Man City

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 14 Aug 2006 12:52

The internet works in that way; seats are allocated to be sold online and are allocated in the order we believe to be the best availability. This is middle, front, back. So as we have no seats in the middle section, it is offering you front. You can book tickets through our ticket line on 0870 999 1871 if this process does not suit your needs.

Yes indeed. Please reference RFC1871 :wink: