oh harold, you make me giggle...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Nov 2006 16:18

Keep foreplay off of Hobnob.

jenster81

by jenster81 » 25 Nov 2006 16:19

behave forbes.... just cos you aint met your cyber chick yet.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Nov 2006 16:25

jenster81 oh harold, you make me giggle...

You cannot be serious.

jenster81

by jenster81 » 25 Nov 2006 16:26

Royal Rother

You cannot be serious.

What do you think??! tee hee...

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 25 Nov 2006 16:47

Saw it- quite a good piece and some funny bits too.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 10 Jan 2007 20:53

I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else but there was another piece on the Royals wags on Sky sports news yesterday. Apparently the Countess of Wessex paid them all a visit to discuss and applaud their charitable efforts.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 57,00.html

I have to say - I was a bit proud to be supporting a club whose wags are on the television for such worthwhile efforts instead of what they might have bought at a boutique in Baden Baden.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 10 Jan 2007 21:51

Hear hear! Long may they continue. And doesn't the Duchess seem a really nice, down to earth person?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 10 Jan 2007 21:56

Volvicanus I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else but there was another piece on the Royals wags on Sky sports news yesterday. Apparently the Countess of Wessex paid them all a visit to discuss and applaud their charitable efforts.

I have to say - I was a bit proud to be supporting a club whose wags are on the television for such worthwhile efforts instead of what they might have bought at a boutique in Baden Baden.

It's of course a total coincidence they have started to jump on the charity bandwagon now Reading FC are in the Premiership?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 10 Jan 2007 21:58

alad
Volvicanus I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else but there was another piece on the Royals wags on Sky sports news yesterday. Apparently the Countess of Wessex paid them all a visit to discuss and applaud their charitable efforts.

It's of course a total coincidence they have started to jump on the charity bandwagon now Reading FC are in the Premiership?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the idea was set up before Reading reached the Premiership.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 10 Jan 2007 22:02

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 10 Jan 2007 22:28

alad

LOL... and what exactly are they getting out it? Perhaps they realise that being in the Premiership is, um, quite high profile and now is probably the best time to try to make a difference.

Seriously, mate. Tell me what they are getting out it? A bit of exposure, that is to do with the charity. What else?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 11 Jan 2007 00:49

What all WAG's, or the majority of them want - media exposure.

If they were running a marathon fair enough, it takes hard work and alot of will power, but arranging wine tasting, golf days etc looks to me as if they want to have a good time first and the charity comes second.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 11 Jan 2007 09:04

alad What all WAG's, or the majority of them want - media exposure.

If they were running a marathon fair enough, it takes hard work and alot of will power, but arranging wine tasting, golf days etc looks to me as if they want to have a good time first and the charity comes second.

I know you are cynical about the WAGS efforts but having helped them with the Costco party and so invited to the Countess of Wessex coffee morning, I would say that they are all doing it for much better reasons than you assume - I saw none of them trying to get any media exposure and in fact they were very much in the background on Tuesday despite all the media using photos of them most.

Karen Murty and Amanda Hahneman have driven the idea and have consequently had the most exposure but neither is the traditional footballers wife and have no doubt of the reasons they are doing it - it is to use their increased profile to help others.

As to the sort of event - they have sensibly taken professional advice on the sort of event to run to make the most for the charities - sorry but golf days and wine tastings make much more presumably for the same reason you think they are attractive.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 11 Jan 2007 09:11

Alad is a very modest individual and will therefore not have wanted to mention this but I'll try and clear the matter up on his behalf.

I think the issue here is alad works tirelessly supporting a number of charities with no desire to court publicity. I can understand his frustration when others do not behave as impeccably.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Jan 2007 09:42

alad What all WAG's, or the majority of them want - media exposure.

Shows how little alad knows - it was champgane tasting, not win tasting. And it was very good. <hic>

:wink:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Jan 2007 10:41

Royal Rother

You cannot be serious.

Not all girls go for brainy guys.

mydak

by mydak » 11 Jan 2007 11:11

not an unattractive bunch either.
Ivar has clearly got something the ladies like