Kyocera sponsorship renewed and a new hooped away kit.

375 posts
jetsetwilly

Kyocera sponsorship renewed and a new hooped away kit.

by jetsetwilly » 06 Apr 2007 08:27

Club announce Kyocera deal and hooped away strip

Reading Football Club is delighted to announce a one-year extension of the Club's sponsorship deal with Kyocera the pioneering printer and copier company.
The agreement for the 2007/8 season is for an undisclosed sum which is a significant increase on the current contract and represents the largest corporate partnership in Reading FC's history.The Club have also confirmed that Kyocera's name will be emblazoned across a new away kit which will be introduced next season.
The new away kit will be a hooped design and will be unveiled at the beginning of July. The current burgundy away kit will become the third change strip, and the home kit will be unchanged from this season.Tracey Rawling-Church, Marketing Director of Kyocera UK commented, "Kyocera is delighted to be extending its sponsorship of Reading FC and would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the club on an extraordinarily successful first season in the Premiership.
"The high degree of professionalism demonstrated by the club at all levels both on and off the pitch has generated major brand benefits for Kyocera which are appreciated throughout Europe and at our Headquarters in Japan.
We are looking forward to strengthening our relationship over the coming year with further corporate and community initiatives."
Reading FC Chairman John Madejski added, "We are delighted to extend our sponsorship agreement with Kyocera. They have been superb partners who have actively embraced the relationship between the club and the company, and we look forward to continuing to work together next season."
Kyocera has been Reading Football Club's main sponsors since 2005, having previously been closely involved with the club since the move to Madejski Stadium in 1998.
During the last seven years the company has supported the club with various branding initiatives aimed at raising the profile of the company in the UK's silicon valley as well as increasing its community involvement.
Situated in Reading, Kyocera Mita UK Ltd is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of printers, copiers and multifunction devices in the UK and Ireland.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 92,00.html

When did we last have away hoops !?

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 06 Apr 2007 09:06

Must have been 1993/94 when we had the blue and yellow away kit and yellow and red third kit 8)

Glad to hear the home kit isn't changing as well

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 06 Apr 2007 09:09

silas Glad to hear the home kit isn't changing as well

Yet.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Apr 2007 09:10

PieEater
silas Glad to hear the home kit isn't changing as well

Yet.

It's bound to one day ! Just not for at least another 12 months...

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 06 Apr 2007 09:50

What colour do you think the away kit will be now??

I think it is going to be Green and white hoops like QPR a few seasons back.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 06 Apr 2007 09:56

Personally I hope its Yellow and Blue. My first ever Reading FC shirt. Or Yellow and Red would be good as well. Get a bit of a retro feel next year.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2007 10:06

silas Must have been 1993/94 when we had the blue and yellow away kit and yellow and red third kit 8)

Glad to hear the home kit isn't changing as well

Smart marketing move!

The quality of this year's home kit is so poor that anyone who wants it next season will probably have to buy a new shirt anyway!

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 06 Apr 2007 10:55

And if anyone has a shirt with Sidwell on will have to buy another shirt aswell...

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Apr 2007 11:10

Good news we're extending our contract with Kyocera. They wanted to sponsor us when Westcoast gave up, and I'm sure Westcoast must have egg on there face.

As for the new away kit, please please please make it blue and yellow a la 1993/1994. It would look awesome.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 06 Apr 2007 11:13

I'll believe hooped when I see it.

Hopefully this new away kit won't be too garish, usually hooped shirts only seem to work with white and another colour. QPR's black and red effort last season was vomit inducing.

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 06 Apr 2007 11:14

RG30 Good news we're extending our contract with Kyocera. They wanted to sponsor us when Westcoast gave up, and I'm sure Westcoast must have egg on there face.

As for the new away kit, please please please make it blue and yellow a la 1993/1994. It would look awesome.

blue and yellow defo!

but red and yellow would also be spot on

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 06 Apr 2007 11:17

Diddyroyal
RG30 Good news we're extending our contract with Kyocera. They wanted to sponsor us when Westcoast gave up, and I'm sure Westcoast must have egg on there face.

blue and yellow defo!

Agreed! Either would look good - I loved the old yellow and blue and yellow and red shirts.

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 06 Apr 2007 11:37

Shouldnt the club design 3 shirts and put a poll on the clbs offical site and we can vote for the shirt which we prefer like i.e. brentford.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 06 Apr 2007 11:59

I doubt it will be a red/yellow hooped away shirt as that will surely negate the need for the red away kit from this season?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 06 Apr 2007 13:19

Royalee
Diddyroyal

blue and yellow defo!

Agreed! Either would look good - I loved the old yellow and blue and yellow and red shirts.

Glad somebody else liked them! The red and yellow shirt was my first ever kit, and I'm *still* getting abuse from my mates for how garish it is. I remember once walking past the Battle and being seranded by a large group of Brizzle City fans with a rousing chorus of "What the oxf*rd hell is that?!"

My German neighbour borrowed it during Euro '96, for a makeshift German flag.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Apr 2007 14:47

meeky_no9 Shouldnt the club design 3 shirts and put a poll on the clbs offical site and we can vote for the shirt which we prefer like i.e. brentford.

No point as only the people that liked the winning kit would buy it.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Apr 2007 15:42

No point as opposition fans would hijack the poll, as they do all such polls !

Involve the fans by all means, but not via pointless polls. Afterall HNA has ruined lots of Player of the Season and Goal of the Month polls over the years you have to suppose any shirt poll would be flooded by multiple votes...

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 06 Apr 2007 15:58

Behindu No point as opposition fans would hijack the poll, as they do all such polls !

Involve the fans by all means, but not via pointless polls. Afterall HNA has ruined lots of Player of the Season and Goal of the Month polls over the years you have to suppose any shirt poll would be flooded by multiple votes...

Not that I'm in favour of a poll, but you could limit it to those with a member card number, ensuring that Reading fans vote, and only vote once.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 06 Apr 2007 16:27

Reading Football Club The new away kit will be a hooped design and will be unveiled at the beginning of July. The current burgundy away kit will become the third change strip

Oh, is that what it's called?

Good move, can't wait for the unveiling.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 06 Apr 2007 16:49

I liked the old blue and yellow hoops, and at least we'll have a third kit in place so we won't have the problems we did at Brighton and Wigan in '93.

375 posts