A bit worrying

1418 posts
rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

A bit worrying

by rfcjoe » 06 Aug 2007 14:09

Ive just rang up the ticket office to see how many tickets are left for man utd on sunday and there are just under 1000 left.I find this quite disapointing because we should be selling these tickets easily and besides its the first game of the season
Opinions :

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Aug 2007 14:11

Personally speaking

£39 minimum

+

£20 minimum travelling to get there

+

another £20 or so on programme, beer etc

so around £80, to go to a ground i've been to twice, to see us lose.

Or

Sit in the pub for free and see it and not have to travel 3 hours home after.

yep cya.

FinchOwl

by FinchOwl » 06 Aug 2007 14:13

Totally agree AP, thats why im not going

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 06 Aug 2007 14:14

I'm running a bar at a band camp.

Is that enough of an excuse or should I flagellate my plasticness some more?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 06 Aug 2007 14:15

so basically what your saying AP is that you dont want to pay any of your money to support the team , ok now i understand :wink:
Last edited by rfcjoe on 06 Aug 2007 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 06 Aug 2007 14:15

Why should a ticket office failing to sell the whole allocation of an away game be a cause for concern? :?

I have bought a ticket today, thanks to the club not selling it's allocation, so I'm pleased. I wouldn't have had this opportunity last year.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: A bit worrying

by Winchester Royal » 06 Aug 2007 14:17

rfcjoe Ive just rang up the ticket office to see how many tickets are left for man utd on sunday and there are just under 1000 left.I find this quite disapointing because we should be selling these tickets easily and besides its the first game of the season
Opinions :

Are you going?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 06 Aug 2007 14:18

Winchester Royal
rfcjoe Ive just rang up the ticket office to see how many tickets are left for man utd on sunday and there are just under 1000 left.I find this quite disapointing because we should be selling these tickets easily and besides its the first game of the season
Opinions :

Are you going?

yes brought my ticket last week mate :wink:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 Aug 2007 14:19

Agree with AP - a lot of cost, espcially since every home game I go to this season will cost me £40-50, for a game that we are going to lose.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Aug 2007 14:20

It's on a Sunday. It's a long way to go. It's on TV.

See you all in the pub.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 06 Aug 2007 14:21

rfcjoe
Winchester Royal
Opinions :

Are you going?

If you bought your ticket last week, then why did you call the ticket office today? The reason why they haven't been selling them well is probably down to people like you ringing them up to find out the number of tickets available and blocking up the phone lines.....

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 06 Aug 2007 14:22

take a whiff of that plasticness....... smells good doesnt it

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 06 Aug 2007 14:23

SpaceCruiser
rfcjoe
Winchester Royal
Opinions :

Are you going?

If you bought your ticket last week, then why did you call the ticket office today? The reason why they haven't been selling them well is probably down to people like you ringing them up to find out the number of tickets available and blocking up the phone lines.....

i was buying my mate a ticket and i asked

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 06 Aug 2007 14:26

I think it's a joke that as a football club, we have too many fans who don't consider supporting Reading to be their whole life.

Where we watching this anyway? Which pubs in town are least likely to have plastic Mancs in, as I was very close to ashtraying a large contingent of them in Café Du Sport for the league away game last season?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Aug 2007 14:26

Opinions :

Two opportunities to go last season, reduction in the number of AST's and people interested in going for a second/third time, cost, Sunday afternoon, on TV. It all adds up to no surprise for me

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Aug 2007 14:27

southbank1871 I think it's a joke that as a football club, we have too many fans who don't consider supporting Reading to be their whole life.

Where we watching this anyway? Which pubs in town are least likely to have plastic Mancs in, as I was very close to ashtraying a large contingent of them in Café Du Sport for the league away game last season?

Hmm, probably struggling in town itself. I would recommend the Walkabout, only so you can drink cheap lager before windmilling them or somewhere like the R&T

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 06 Aug 2007 14:31

southbank1871 I think it's a joke that as a football club, we have too many fans who don't consider supporting Reading to be their whole life.

I wouldn't worry - you'll be hard pushed to find an ashtray to swing at 'em this time :wink:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 06 Aug 2007 14:34

AF1

I wouldn't worry - you'll be hard pushed to find an ashtray to swing at 'em this time :wink:

I make sure I always have one on me since July 1st

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 06 Aug 2007 14:34

I have an inflatable one for any situation where one is not readily available.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Aug 2007 14:43

rfcjoe take a whiff of that plasticness....... smells good doesnt it

You'll get a good whiff of that at the people around you at the game.

Fair play if you want to spend nearly all your money on watching RFC, I've done that for a good 10 years solidly now, but it's time to say No now. Ticket prices are extortionate, it's not value for money and i have other things to do now. Not for me.

I go to Reading games now because I want to go, it's a form of enjoyment. Not too prove i'm a better fan than person a or person b. I couldn't give a flying fcuk about any of that. If I don't want to go then i won't, simple as that. Good luck to you if you want to go to all the games, been there done that, enjoyable yet expensive.

1418 posts