Season ticket beifet survey

66DD

Re: Season ticket beifet survey

by 66DD » 23 Jan 2009 19:52

Sun Tzu
Not sure how DD has paid £170 more though - doesn;t that assume that there would have been no games worth cherry picking ?

No. The kid's season ticket was £170, but as my grandson is under 5 years of age I'm led to understand that he would get in free as long as he didn't occupy a seat. I may be wrong about that though.

The reason that I bought a season ticket for him is to ensure that he could have the seat next to me, which was vacant last season.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 19:58

You're right about the Under 5 thing but the £170 is your choice surely ? The club actually offered you a free entry for him which you decided not to take them up on ?

Not meant to be a criticism by the way - was just intregued at the scenario !!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Jan 2009 20:02

Scrapping the U12 rate this season was a mistake IMO.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 20:05

Platypuss Scrapping the U12 rate this season was a mistake IMO.

Depends on the age of the child ! Saved me money...

One rate for U16 seems sensible although what that rate should be is another question.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Jan 2009 20:08

Sun Tzu
Platypuss Scrapping the U12 rate this season was a mistake IMO.

Depends on the age of the child ! Saved me money...

One rate for U16 seems sensible although what that rate should be is another question.

I'd argue that relegation was the greater cause of your saving!

Given that we had a U12 rate, removing it was questionable. It's why me and my two didn't get ST's this season for starters.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Jan 2009 21:31

WoodleyRoyal anyone recieved this? are the club trying to piss us off or what?Te bloody benifets were an absolute f'ing disgrace,and to send a survey out about it is just taking the biscuit. I have passsed my displeasure to the club, this season has been totally geared toward new members or fairweather fans not towards theloyal season ticket holders renewing there season tickets after relegation. All these pay on the day discounts like book before this date and get x amount off and pay for these two games and get this one free make a mockery of the season ticket which is supposed to work out cheaper than paying for each game induvidually.well all these deals means that there not much difference at all. What to stop me now next season cherry picking the best home games to go to and miss all the shit ones out as i have over 1000 royalty points in in the top bracket so get first dibbs on a ticket anyway

Bought a real nice shirt and tie set from Debenhams last week - £35 - went in there yesterday and its now £20.
I reserved Call of Duty on PS3 for £44.99 the other week - its now £30.
Went to Hurghada a few weeks back paid £660 for 2 people all inclusive. Couple we befriended paid £450 as bought 2 weeks later.

Getting the picture? Its life and not just football. Dont see why anyone has a problem with this.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 24 Jan 2009 09:04

paultheroyal
WoodleyRoyal anyone recieved this? are the club trying to piss us off or what?Te bloody benifets were an absolute f'ing disgrace,and to send a survey out about it is just taking the biscuit. I have passsed my displeasure to the club, this season has been totally geared toward new members or fairweather fans not towards theloyal season ticket holders renewing there season tickets after relegation. All these pay on the day discounts like book before this date and get x amount off and pay for these two games and get this one free make a mockery of the season ticket which is supposed to work out cheaper than paying for each game induvidually.well all these deals means that there not much difference at all. What to stop me now next season cherry picking the best home games to go to and miss all the shit ones out as i have over 1000 royalty points in in the top bracket so get first dibbs on a ticket anyway

Bought a real nice shirt and tie set from Debenhams last week - £35 - went in there yesterday and its now £20.
I reserved Call of Duty on PS3 for £44.99 the other week - its now £30.
Went to Hurghada a few weeks back paid £660 for 2 people all inclusive. Couple we befriended paid £450 as bought 2 weeks later.

Getting the picture? Its life and not just football. Dont see why anyone has a problem with this.

If you were a loyal Debenhams customer and they kept charging you more than occasional customers would you keep shopping there ? Maybe you'd become an oocasional customer instead which means Debenhams would lose money in the long run ? Getting the picture ? :)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Jan 2009 09:41

Reading FC are having a sale - they might not actually call it sale but thats basically what it is. Empty seats that need filling and they are looking at ways of doing that. The fact you chose to pay premium price is your choice - but by doing that you get the entitlements as someone mentioned above.

That help?

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 24 Jan 2009 10:06

So if Reading don't go up how many of the 14,000 season ticket holders might then decide to become casual supporters in order to get a better overall deal ? Especially those with kids who can't go to the numerous night games and who could go to other games for a £1. It's all well and good having a sale to boost short term revenue but if that eventually results in 4,000 less season ticket holders then the net revenue position is a LOSS !
Season ticket revenue is the bedrock of the majority of sports organisations because it provided a lump sum cash injection before the club incurs any costs associated with staging the events. If you are seen to be putting casual customers ahead of core customers then you're playing a dangerous game in the longer term.
Are you a season ticket holder out of interest ?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Jan 2009 10:22

OLLIE KEARNS So if Reading don't go up how many of the 14,000 season ticket holders might then decide to become casual supporters in order to get a better overall deal ? Especially those with kids who can't go to the numerous night games and who could go to other games for a £1. It's all well and good having a sale to boost short term revenue but if that eventually results in 4,000 less season ticket holders then the net revenue position is a LOSS !
Season ticket revenue is the bedrock of the majority of sports organisations because it provided a lump sum cash injection before the club incurs any costs associated with staging the events. If you are seen to be putting casual customers ahead of core customers then you're playing a dangerous game in the longer term.
Are you a season ticket holder out of interest ?

Have to agree with that and, if anything, I think Ptr's shopping analogy actually plays into the hands of your argument. As the recession deepens (and it's nice to see the politicians finally acknowledging what I pointed out on here a good few months ago! :wink: ) people will show less brand/retailer loyalty, will shop around more and increasingly won't make non-essential purchases at all, even if prices have been slashed. Therefore, the more season ticket holders the club can secure/retain, the better for its financial stability.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Jan 2009 10:31

But we are always told to shop around, i certainly do, no one supermarket chain gets all my business, they all have different deals on, so we buy what we need when is on offer, folk that just pay the prices are daft.

tea bags and coffee, usually good deals in tesco and Morrisons, rareley good in asda or Sainsbury, socks and undies, always buy half price in tesco in Jan, years supply at a time.

When entertainment gets it into their heads that many folk cannot afford the prices maybe they will allow a fall, trouble is I have lost interest in a lot of what is called football at the moment, so even £10 a ticket might not tempt me.

Have been offered Wolves ticket for free next week, but do I want to sit in the cold for 2 hours anymore??

The whole hassle of attending matches annoys me, and oddly I loved the Luton game in the cup, low crowd, easy to park, room in the concourses.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 24 Jan 2009 10:48

Mr Bus. With the greatest respect. If you won't go to the biggest match of the season for free then you're not best placed to enter a debate on price elasticity with regard to tickets for football matches :)
And go on, go to the match on Tuesday. You know you want to really :wink:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Jan 2009 11:09

OLLIE KEARNS Mr Bus. With the greatest respect. If you won't go to the biggest match of the season for free then you're not best placed to enter a debate on price elasticity with regard to tickets for football matches :)
And go on, go to the match on Tuesday. You know you want to really :wink:

Price was partly why I walked away tho, if a club gets it wrong for just one season it can have a big impact on attendances further down the line, many felt that the first year prices in the prem were too high, and it was voiced here at the time. The second season there was a churn of holders, and with the fall to Championship, the reduced ST price was not attractive enough to keep the 18k from last season.

We have seen an increase of 30% on seat prices since 05/06, at a time of a recession, that is not an insignificant amount

Brum will be the biggest match of the season :wink: as we take the title and they fall to 7th in the league.

Oddly I really wanted to go to Doncaster, but an odd twist sees us in Plymouth that weekend.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Jan 2009 12:16

The 17 Bus We have seen an increase of 30% on seat prices since 05/06, at a time of a recession, that is not an insignificant amount.

Surely any increase in that period didn't happen during a time of recession?

You also don't mention that prices were static for at least 3 years before the period you mention (IIRC at least I'm fairly sure my ST did) So if you're going to be selective with the period I'll counter with prices have reduced by 20% since the 07/08 season, hurrah!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Jan 2009 12:33

Silver Fox
The 17 Bus We have seen an increase of 30% on seat prices since 05/06, at a time of a recession, that is not an insignificant amount.

Surely any increase in that period didn't happen during a time of recession?

You also don't mention that prices were static for at least 3 years before the period you mention (IIRC at least I'm fairly sure my ST did) So if you're going to be selective with the period I'll counter with prices have reduced by 20% since the 07/08 season, hurrah!

I fully expect the next seasons pricing to remain the same as this seasons irrespective of league.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 24 Jan 2009 15:31

royalexile I fully expect the next seasons pricing to remain the same as this seasons irrespective of league.

More than plausible.

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 24 Jan 2009 17:13

The 17 Bus said
whereas if you run Woodley Royal through you get the following, among many.

Royally Wooed
Ad Yore Woolly
Loyaler Do Yow
Layer Do Wooly
Yearly Wood Lo
Yearly Wood Lo
Royally Do Owe
Ya Red Lo Wooly

Will that be the same for me ?? :D

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Jan 2009 17:16

Silver Fox So if you're going to be selective with the period I'll counter with prices have reduced by 20% since the 07/08 season, hurrah!

different product tho, you are comparing a face cloth with a hand towel, or is that quantity over quality?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Jan 2009 17:17

Whore Jackie
royalexile I fully expect the next seasons pricing to remain the same as this seasons irrespective of league.

More than plausible.

I will put money that ST prices will rise if we are promoted.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Jan 2009 17:22

Norwich have frozen next seasons ST. Citing recession. I feel a groundswell of opinion forming. :D