Liverpool Tickets

167 posts
handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Liverpool Tickets

by handbags_harris » 02 Dec 2009 14:39

Well done RFC for not selling your soul to the £££ for this game, £15 for STH's.

One small issue I have with the ticketing arrangements - what is the point of Royalty Points if you're not going to use the system for ticket allocation? :|

STAR Voice

Re: Liverpool Tickets

by STAR Voice » 02 Dec 2009 15:18

Agreed on both points.

We believe Royalty Points should be used for two reasons :

- it gives the highest priority to supporters who have shown their support in the past. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with member cards with points on from a few matches from the PL years - why should they have the same priority as a supporter who's had a ST for years but couldn't afford to renew this year, for instance?
- it spreads out the demand for the Sales Centre. Rather than have all member cards holders trying to buy on the same day that tickets go on sale, using points bands will spread out this demand and make it a much easier and less frenetic sales process for everyone.

This is exactly the sort of thing that the CRM system was bough for, so it ought to be used for this, in exactly the same way it was throughout the PL years.

We've been in contact with RFC and made our representations on this and I do hope they'll change this process - here's the best part of a week to go so there is still time to change.

At the same time we've congratulated RFC on the pricing - and also the way this rewards people who have bought a season ticket.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 02 Dec 2009 15:40

Give handbags the job, he'd do a better job than whoever is in charge at the moment.

I hope they do respond to this and change it, they don't want to lose anymore RFC followers on a Saturday afternoon at the moment.

An explanation into what the hell they were thinking would also is be nice too!

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Dec 2009 16:46

I see that they have updated the ticket details to include royalty points. Good on them, I think.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 02 Dec 2009 17:01

Obviously someone wasn't thinking straight at the club.

At least we'll have a few less Liverpool fans in the home end now.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 02 Dec 2009 17:10

Good work STAR. Openly influential and on the ball.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 02 Dec 2009 17:12

^^^^
This

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 02 Dec 2009 17:16

OS site updated. Somebody obviously listened!

Starting 401 + and working down from there.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 02 Dec 2009 17:36

ayjaydee OS site updated. Somebody obviously listened!

Starting 401 + and working down from there.

Thank god. Already had two of my Liverpool 'supporting' mates ring me up to tell me they are going, and in the wrong end, as they already have membership cards from when we were in the Prem :roll:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Dec 2009 20:40

Quick question - IMO, this has got a very good chance of being moved for TV. Seeing as I can't make the game if it's on the Sunday, any ideas when ITV are going to announce their TV schedule for the 3rd round?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 02 Dec 2009 20:43

how do I check how many points i have?

Have been to no cup games and no away games for a couple of years now, just a home season ticket holder for a number of years

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Dec 2009 20:43

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Dec 2009 07:23

Yes, congratulations to both Reading and Liverpool (they get half the gate receipts remember) on agreeing great pricing for a game they knew would be a sell out at normal costs.

Got mine already, now to save up for a programme....

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Dec 2009 07:53

A bit gutted with the whole loyalty points thing. I'd been making 15+ home games a season for years. I have memories of being stood behind stewards at Elm Park. I remember crowads of 6-7000 at the Mad Stad in lower division 2. I remember pants day against Wrexham. When the member card system was brought in I moved to Essex and still made it to around 15 a season.

Then in 2006/07 I was on my gap year. I went to India for 6 months and only made 5 matches all season. Then I went to university at Leeds. I think I made 5 matches in 07/08 and 7 or 8 last season (away games hardly get rewarded by the way, which is irritating). Last season I travelled to Reading and back for the Brum game in the middle of my exam period, as well as going to Burnley the next week. I had plans in place to see us at Wembley 2 days before one of my toughest exams.

This year I'm studying abroad in Hong Kong. I made it to Sheff Utd the day before I went away, but I was gutted to look at the Christmas fixtures and see no suitable game for me to go to. I would have happily taken Scunthorpe or Peteboro at home in the league. This F.A. Cup draw was my best chance. Now I have around 350 loyalty points.

How many loyalty points does a plastic season ticket holder from 06-08 have? If they have now put their Chelsea and Man Utd shirts back on, but enjoyed watching big football with their local team for 2 years, they will surely have more than 401 points. I just wanted 1 match to go to whilst I was home, and I'm looking at the prospect of missing out to "fans" who only ever cared about the chance to watch big Premiership teams play at the Mad Stad.

Tbh though it is utterly fair - I haven't made many matches in recent years so I don't have many points. It is the only way the club can judge loyalty, I just had to rant. I'm a better fan than some "fans" with more loyalty points than me.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 03 Dec 2009 08:00

RH there are some on here that will happily get a ticket for you, just try asking.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Dec 2009 10:00

Fair play to STAR.

I'm not a fan of the organisation or their ever-so-close relationship to the powers that be at the club, but I'm sure that relationship and their lobbying helped correct this obvious error from the ticketing office.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 03 Dec 2009 10:03

Great work STAR. This would have been a disaster - I'm surrounded by Liverpool fans who assumed they were going to get home tickets. Let's hope we sell out before they can get their glory-hunting mitts on a ticket.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Dec 2009 11:44

rhroyal How many loyalty points does a plastic season ticket holder from 06-08 have? If they have now put their Chelsea and Man Utd shirts back on, but enjoyed watching big football with their local team for 2 years, they will surely have more than 401 points.

I don't think they would have more than 401 points, surely. 200, perhaps.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 03 Dec 2009 12:43

Thaumagurist*
rhroyal How many loyalty points does a plastic season ticket holder from 06-08 have? If they have now put their Chelsea and Man Utd shirts back on, but enjoyed watching big football with their local team for 2 years, they will surely have more than 401 points.

I don't think they would have more than 401 points, surely. 200, perhaps.

I think it was 195 for S/Ts in the Prem wasn't it? So an LFC fan who rode our success for two years, and took up the option of the League Cup game against the scousers, will hopefully come up a point short. I hope I've worked that out right and that it's the way the club planned it!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Dec 2009 12:54

Do I get loads of Royalty points for owning a Southbank members card then?

167 posts