Bus Services to Mad Stad Axed-Reinstated 1st 2 games see p8

177 posts
working class hero

Re: Bus Services to Mad Stad Axed-Reinstated 1st 2 games see p8

by working class hero » 07 Aug 2010 17:36

After today a taxi might be hard to fill....

buzzbee

by buzzbee » 07 Aug 2010 20:24

buzzbee
brendywendy i hope this change of heart has been advertised alot- cos theyve been going on for weeks about them being cancelled, then at last minute reinstated, so alot of people will not know/have made arrangements, and the buses will be empty, and cancelledf again in two weeks.
That was my worry!

I only found out about an hour ago, by pure chance. I was considering driving into Reading and then getting on one of the local footie busses, so I Googled 'Reading Football Buses' and came across a story saying they had been reinstated. If I hadn't, I would have been blissfully unaware and would have made my way to today's game by other means. I am sure that many others, who would get the bus, won't be aware.

It would be nice if they could announce at the game, that these buses will be running for the Forest game, so that people are aware and they can then judge the response more on who uses the bus to that game, rather than today's.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because the bus runs from about 300 yards from my house in Bracknell :)

Well, I guess I needn't have worried. There were plenty of people on the bus from Bracknell and as we left, the bus to Basingstoke looked pretty full too.

That was my first time on that bus and normally, I would take the wee-wee out of women drivers, but that one... :shock: :D :twisted:
:lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Aug 2010 11:54

buzzbee
brendywendy i hope this change of heart has been advertised alot- cos theyve been going on for weeks about them being cancelled, then at last minute reinstated, so alot of people will not know/have made arrangements, and the buses will be empty, and cancelledf again in two weeks.
That was my worry!

I only found out about an hour ago, by pure chance. I was considering driving into Reading and then getting on one of the local footie busses, so I Googled 'Reading Football Buses' and came across a story saying they had been reinstated. If I hadn't, I would have been blissfully unaware and would have made my way to today's game by other means. I am sure that many others, who would get the bus, won't be aware.

It would be nice if they could announce at the game, that these buses will be running for the Forest game, so that people are aware and they can then judge the response more on who uses the bus to that game, rather than today's.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because the bus runs from about 300 yards from my house in Bracknell :)

and mine in crowthorne. if they do stop them it will seriously dent my football match day experiece

royal-biscuit-man

Re: Bus Services to Mad Stad Axed

by royal-biscuit-man » 17 Aug 2010 15:55

Royal Monk What a bunch of oxf*rd ..... i cant make many games this coming season but bought my son a season ticket on the strength that he could catch the bus that goes through Tadley. Him and his mate are fckuked now :evil:

I can't get to games as easily now, as i too get on the 951 bus from tadley. :evil:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2010 11:22

theyre still going though :|

buzzbee

by buzzbee » 18 Aug 2010 11:44

RBM, you'll be able to get there by bus this Saturday. After that, they're going to review the service, but don't be too surprised if it's running for the rest of the season

havoc

by havoc » 18 Aug 2010 12:32

buzzbee don't be too surprised if it's running for the rest of the season

Victory for the fans :!:

Egg on the face for STAR and the club

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 18 Aug 2010 13:07

Ah hello havoc,
I wondered when you'd post something like this :roll:

Get over yourself, FFS.

havoc

by havoc » 18 Aug 2010 13:23

that doesn't actually make any sense :|

you're the one (indeed, whoever the fuck you are) sat there thinking about me

you get over me :!:

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 18 Aug 2010 13:33

:roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Aug 2010 14:36

Wycombe Royal But remember STAR do nothing..........(and of course those who criticise them will say that it was the fans who got this result, not a combination of STAR and fans)......

If the club really took STAR seriously there would have been proper consultation and consideration given to the issue and feelings of STAR/the fans before the decision was implemented in the first place!

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 18 Aug 2010 15:45

royal-biscuit-man
Royal Monk What a bunch of oxf*rd ..... i cant make many games this coming season but bought my son a season ticket on the strength that he could catch the bus that goes through Tadley. Him and his mate are fckuked now :evil:

I can't get to games as easily now, as i too get on the 951 bus from tadley. :evil:

The Stagecoach buses will be running for the rest of the season. That was the intention once they were reinstated but there was some paperwork to do and I had confirmation today it was all done.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 Aug 2010 17:00

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2010 18:16

good stuff RFC

good to see HNA? ideas such as increasing prices, and not letting the oldies use their bus passes being implemented

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 18 Aug 2010 18:30

Good news. The family ticket thing looks like a reasonable idea too (although parking is still cheaper in this case).

Anyone know if the buses are running for the Northampton cup game? I'm going to be taking up the offer to try out Bar1871 for this game, but I doubt that the bus will get me there early enough to make much use of the "facilities"

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 Aug 2010 18:49

The Surgeon of Crowthorne Good news. The family ticket thing looks like a reasonable idea too (although parking is still cheaper in this case).

Anyone know if the buses are running for the Northampton cup game? I'm going to be taking up the offer to try out Bar1871 for this game, but I doubt that the bus will get me there early enough to make much use of the "facilities"

They are yes

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 18,00.html

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 18 Aug 2010 21:33

I would certainly have thought twice about forking out for a season ticket, if I'd realised that I'd be subsidising people from Wokingham and Bracknell.

177 posts