England - the future....

3567 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: England - the future....

by NathStPaul » 22 Jun 2021 19:24

Zip
NathStPaul Watch Grealish have a stinker after all the clamour for him to start.

I dunno. This is a real opportunity for him. He’s got the ability. I think he will play well tonight.

Hope so, think he has something a bit extra. Also think he will win us a lot of free kicks.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 22 Jun 2021 19:35

Stranded
Mr Angry
Zip
It’s being reported as per your previous email that Danish fans can travel to Amsterdam but only stay in the country for 12 hours which your previous message referenced whereas Wales fans cannot go full stop. Dutch Police have said they will simply not be allowed into the country.That’s how it is being reported here. So yep it will be difficult for Danish fans to get in and out but not impossible. They will have some support in Amsterdam.

If the Wales fans travel to a country in the EU, then go into NL that way, that should be ok then? Those travelling overland from Rome should be fine.

It appears that the rules only apply if travelling into NL from outside the EU. (No-one seems to have remarked how that prevents the virus from getting into NL of course - unless the borders of the EU have some special anti-Coronavirus properties??)

Yes they could travel somewhere else first and look to head in but it would be a massive pain. Of the nearest countries to NL only France are letting fully vaccinated Brits in. France is also not on the safe list so they would need to get from say Paris to Amsterdam, watch a game and get out of NL in 12 hours.

You could fly to Luxembourg and head up from there but again bit of a trek but Lux is green.

NL has the right to control it's borders as it wishes hence why there are currently restrictions on half of the EU entering unless they quarantine. Wales just have the added difficulty of being outside the EU meaning there is an overall restriction that is implemented unless the individual country decides to override it. Nice bit if control there.

I'm sure you have the same concerns for Italian & Austrian fans who have no way to get to the game at Wembley or indeed the Czech or Croatian fans who can't be in the UK without having done 5 or 10 days quarantine first.

Wales will have fans there on Saturday, Denmark may just have more.

The Dutch still have France as an unsafe country and travelling from France to the Netherlands requires a negative PCR test, 72 hours before and 10 days quarantine on arrival. This may change next week (I hope so as I have a visit to Paris planned on the 30th) but there is no guarantee. Denmark is in the same category. Only Welsh or Danish fans already in the country or in a safe EU country can attend at this point. Luxembourg or Germany would be a better option right now. Ireland is also on our green list but the officials may want proof that that is your home country.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jun 2021 19:44

STOP TALKING ABOUT COVID!

KCOIF

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Jun 2021 19:48

NathStPaul
Zip
NathStPaul Watch Grealish have a stinker after all the clamour for him to start.

I dunno. This is a real opportunity for him. He’s got the ability. I think he will play well tonight.

Hope so, think he has something a bit extra. Also think he will win us a lot of free kicks.

For James Ward-Prowse to .... oh

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 22 Jun 2021 19:54

Getting Owen Hargreaves saviour vibes

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Jun 2021 20:00

Winston Biscuit Buzzometer at 5.5

out of how many?

once you move from Standardised Scutz Scoring things get messy

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Jun 2021 20:13

GTFIIIII

WE NEEDED GREALISH AND SAKA

ICHHHHH

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Jun 2021 20:14

NathStPaul
Zip

He just set up the goal aswell

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Jun 2021 20:16

Kane collapses holding his face, replay shows he was gently touched on neck/top of chest :roll:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2021 20:16

Simmops
NathStPaul
Zip

He just set up the goal aswell

It will do him a lot of good.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Jun 2021 20:17

On this display i feel positive we will beat france and Germany

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 Jun 2021 20:24

This England defence look as uncomfortable passing the ball around and as likely to give away a stupid goal as Reading.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2021 20:35

bcubed This England defence look as uncomfortable passing the ball around and as likely to give away a stupid goal as Reading.

The Czechs are causing problems down England’s left flank but overall a good first thirty for England but they need to keep up the intensity.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Jun 2021 20:38

Czech M8!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jun 2021 20:47

Decent half. The Czechs are seemingly intent on kicking lumps out of our players.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jun 2021 20:50

Better but still not convincing. Allowing too many crosses in from Czech and they look dangerous from them

Kane looked sharper, dropping deeper but should have scored. Saka been very good, as has Maguire, Grealish made an impact too. Still not impressed by Rice and Phillips who are the epitome of bang average

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jun 2021 20:51

So little we didn't know.

England look good when they up the tempo and run at people.

England look shit when they aimlessly play negative tip tap in their defensive third.

England's defence looks very ropey

England's attack looks threatening when it gets in behind.

Saka really positive. Taking people on, running it, high tempo, direct, forward looking.

Grealish with the swagger.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2021 20:52

URZZZZ Better but still not convincing. Allowing too many crosses in from Czech and they look dangerous from them

Kane looked sharper, dropping deeper but should have scored. Saka been very good, as has Maguire, Grealish made an impact too. Still not impressed by Rice and Phillips who are the epitome of bang average

Fair summary.Looking good going forward but shaky at times. The scoreline is about right.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Jun 2021 20:53

bcubed This England defence look as uncomfortable passing the ball around and as likely to give away a stupid goal as Reading.

I like Walker a lot, but he is never far from a calamity.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2021 20:56

LUX

I like Walker a lot, but he is never far from a calamity.

A bit harsh. I can’t recall many mistakes that have proven costly.

3567 posts