England - the future....

3567 posts
fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

Re: England - the future....

by fartdad » 12 Jul 2021 13:41

Imagine being that one guy who said the hard R and it forced a response from the prime minister and England FA and UEFA.. so much power :shock:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Jul 2021 13:45

URZZZZ
Sanguine Savills have immediately 'launched an investigation', but he's toast already. Appears, from what I'm reading on Twitter, that he was operating a second shadow account which he used to post his racist and mysoginistic shit, and in his excitement to do so last night, posted from the wrong account.

Believe the other account was just a kid using his picture

Vile and disgusting either way

Probably not wholly fair on Savills, and no suggestion that these attitudes run through the company, but someone on Twitter has pointed out, noting how one thing can sometimes expose another, that Savills might be one of those companies guilty of thinking diversity is most important written down as a policy, more than anything else. This is their Board.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 12 Jul 2021 13:48

That's is one hell of a bloated board.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 12 Jul 2021 14:22

the women look alright

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 12 Jul 2021 14:22

Sanguine
URZZZZ
Sanguine Savills have immediately 'launched an investigation', but he's toast already. Appears, from what I'm reading on Twitter, that he was operating a second shadow account which he used to post his racist and mysoginistic shit, and in his excitement to do so last night, posted from the wrong account.

Probably not wholly fair on Savills, and no suggestion that these attitudes run through the company, but someone on Twitter has pointed out, noting how one thing can sometimes expose another, that Savills might be one of those companies guilty of thinking diversity is most important written down as a policy, more than anything else. This is their Board.

1,29,16,8,7,etc.

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 12 Jul 2021 14:59

Phroar nice bit of skirt

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 12 Jul 2021 15:09

Reading the tea leaves from the latest Southgate statements sounds to me like he’s realized he is out of depth and trying to get out while his reputation of taking England to a final is the height of managerial career and not his 20% win rate with Middlesbrough

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Jul 2021 16:00

fartdad Reading the tea leaves from the latest Southgate statements sounds to me like he’s realized he is out of depth and trying to get out while his reputation of taking England to a final is the height of managerial career and not his 20% win rate with Middlesbrough

My tea leaves say you're an arse.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Jul 2021 17:13

Sanguine
URZZZZ

just had a very quick look at the bio's of the board...a lot of them joined the company back in the 80/90s and climbed the ranks

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Jul 2021 23:15

Sanguine
URZZZZ

The guy has now claimed that he didn’t post the message and his account was hacked

I guess at this point, no one knows if he’s telling the truth or not, but would be a strange thing to lie about as it’s presumably easily verifiable

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2021 07:59

It's the obvious desperate defence of the guilty.

But it could be true.

Presumably easy for him to contact twitter(?) And ask for them to verify device and location when the tweet was made.

If he's telling the truth.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jul 2021 08:02

Snowflake Royal It's the obvious desperate defence of the guilty.

But it could be true.

Presumably easy for him to contact twitter(?) And ask for them to verify device and location when the tweet was made.

Sounds like complete bull to me. You'd hack an account to post racist abuse? Don't think so.

Like you say Twitter can easily resolve this, they can see where and on what devices the account was logged into. In all honesty they could have resolved it already, shouldn't take them 48 hours.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2021 08:04

NathStPaul

But it could be true.

Sounds like complete bull to me. You'd hack an account to post racist abuse? Don't think so.

Like you say Twitter can easily resolve this, they can see where and on what devices the account was logged into. In all honesty they could have resolved it already, shouldn't take them 48 hours.

They can't publically. It would be a breach of GDPR to release info about his account.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jul 2021 08:07

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

But it could be true.

They can't publically. It would be a breach of GDPR to release info about his account.

Oh I didn't mean release it to the average Joe, meant more the authorities. All we will hear is the statement from the police and employer I would imagine. If it is proven he has logged in from a previously used device using his usual password that should be all the police really need to take action.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Jul 2021 08:11

We'll see how it plays out, but Twitter saying that despite being 'hacked' the incriminating posts were subsequently deleted. Which would be a strange thing for a hacker to do.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2021 08:11

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

Oh I didn't mean release it to the average Joe, meant more the authorities. All we will hear is the statement from the police and employer I would imagine. If it is proven he has logged in from a previously used device using his usual password that should be all the police really need to take action.

Presumably the police would need some sort of warrant to obtain that information.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2021 08:12

Sanguine We'll see how it plays out, but Twitter saying that despite being 'hacked' the incriminating posts were subsequently deleted. Which would be a strange thing for a hacker to do.

I don't believe him, but if I was hacked, the first thing I did on realising would be to delete the offending posts.

So it depends if the 'hacker' locked him out or not by changing password and recovery details.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jul 2021 08:17

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal They can't publically. It would be a breach of GDPR to release info about his account.

Presumably the police would need some sort of warrant to obtain that information.

I mean he should be giving it up surely? If you were innocent the first thing you'd do is hand over your details and devices over to the police to clear your name. Don't think a warrant would be hard to come by either if needed, on the face of it he has committed several offences here.

I guess I am just keen for this to be stamped on quickly, the more this is dragged out and the harder it is for the authorities to take action, the easier it would appear to get away with. Whoever did it is a scumbag and should be punished and be seen to be punished. Got to make an example of the racists, put young people off from doing it in the future.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2021 08:18

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Oh I didn't mean release it to the average Joe, meant more the authorities. All we will hear is the statement from the police and employer I would imagine. If it is proven he has logged in from a previously used device using his usual password that should be all the police really need to take action.

I mean he should be giving it up surely? If you were innocent the first thing you'd do is hand over your details and devices over to the police to clear your name. Don't think a warrant would be hard to come by either if needed, on the face of it he has committed several offences here.

I guess I am just keen for this to be stamped on quickly, the more this is dragged out and the harder it is for the authorities to take action, the easier it would appear to get away with. Whoever did it is a scumbag and should be punished and be seen to be punished. Got to make an example of the racists, put young people off from doing it in the future.

Yeah, but the gears of IT and Justice grind slowly. There's been 1 working day since it happened.

I doubt it's priority one for anyone.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jul 2021 08:21

Yeah that is a good point. The previous lack or urgency by the authorities and social media companies are part of the reaason the racist behaviour still goes on.

3567 posts