1464 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Euro 2016 Thread

by Ian Royal » 15 Jun 2016 16:06

LOL @ Russia.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 15 Jun 2016 16:33

After that result, tomorrow doesn't really matter to England now. Beat Slovakia and we are almost certainly through....

But obviously want us to smash Wales tomorrow! Mainly to shut their squad up
Bale: We have more passion. No English players would get in the team
Ramsey: We are top of the group, so I don't really care about England.
Coleman: The biggest game of my career, but no pressure on me.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Jun 2016 17:07

Kitsondinho Bale: We have more passion. No English players would get in the team

This one is going to overtake Andy Murray's comments for most rattled England fans have got by a humorous comment reported without context

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jun 2016 17:12

Just got back from the Slovakia game. Other than the last ten mins Russia never looked a threat. Think Weiss and Hamlik could do us some serious damage on the break.

Slovakia fans were nice and loud and having a great time. Didn't hear a thing from the Russians.

Haven't seen any trouble at all since I arrived yesterday lunchtime.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 15 Jun 2016 18:14

Silver Fox
Kitsondinho Bale: We have more passion. No English players would get in the team

This one is going to overtake Andy Murray's comments for most rattled England fans have got by a humorous comment reported without context

We shall see tomorrow.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 15 Jun 2016 18:16

Pepe the Horseman Just got back from the Slovakia game. Other than the last ten mins Russia never looked a threat. Think Weiss and Hamlik could do us some serious damage on the break.

Slovakia fans were nice and loud and having a great time. Didn't hear a thing from the Russians.

Reports on Associated Press that French police have used tear gas to disperse a rowdy (but small) crowd of England and Russia fans. Suspect there are more photographers there than actual fans......

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 15 Jun 2016 18:43

Pepe the Horseman Just got back from the Slovakia game. Other than the last ten mins Russia never looked a threat. Think Weiss and Hamlik could do us some serious damage on the break.

Must be gr8 there if you're posting on here!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Jun 2016 18:47

Kitsondinho

Reports on Associated Press that French police have used tear gas to disperse a rowdy (but small) crowd of England and Russia fans. Suspect there are more photographers there than actual fans......

The bloke off of SSN whose name I won't even attempt was positively tumescent at the prospect of the Russian fans arriving in the main square where the England and Wales fans were

double d

by double d » 15 Jun 2016 18:58

Surprised nobody mentioned the world cup that is being held their in 2 years. They are rioting now..... what about when all fans from all over the world come to their country. Bearing in mind their fans like to be racist against players of the team they support.... Anzhi fans threw a banana once at Roberto Carlos as he was taking a corner FOR THEM

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 15 Jun 2016 19:18

Interesting stat.....After 13 games, team who scores first have W9 and D4.....

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Jun 2016 21:05

Albania certainly looking like no mugs either.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jun 2016 21:21

Platypuss Albania certainly looking like no mugs either.

Who will be the first to beat a minnow by more than 1 goal? Which will be the first minnow to be beaten by more than 1 goal.

Obvs I'm working on the basis that Austria, Belgium and Ukraine aren't minnows. Slovakia, Iceland, Northern Ireland and Albania. Who else?Maybe Turkey, Ireland and/or Hungary too.

double d

by double d » 15 Jun 2016 21:39

Cheeky tenner on Albania at 17/2

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 15 Jun 2016 22:11

Quite sad for Albania, they deserved something for that effort.

double d

by double d » 15 Jun 2016 22:12

They did. France have been very lucky to have even 3 points these last 2 games

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jun 2016 22:12

Whoops. Poor Albania, so dogged and then tired legs and can't clear their lines. Suddenly they're 2-0 down and it's game over.

Be interesting to see how France cope with one of the better sides, they looked very laboured... but would surely get more space against someone who takes the game to them.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Jun 2016 06:16

double d Surprised nobody mentioned the world cup that is being held their in 2 years. They are rioting now..... what about when all fans from all over the world come to their country. Bearing in mind their fans like to be racist against players of the team they support.... Anzhi fans threw a banana once at Roberto Carlos as he was taking a corner FOR THEM

I fairly certain that anyone stupid enough to cause unrest in Russia will get what's coming to them.

It's all flared up between England fans and the police again tonight. I'm sure there's two sides to every story, but you don't see it kicking off with the Spanish/Albanian/Welsh/Swiss/Irish/Ukranians/Italians/Turkish/Portuguese/Northern Irish/Icelandic/Romanian/Polish/French/Czech/ etc etc etc fans.

Hard as it is as an Englishman and a football fan, I say disqualify them and play the next tournament's games behind closed doors, same for the Russians. Yes I know it's only a few 10s/100s ruining it for everyone but it's football. It's just football that these morons are breaking stuff over. If it were a worthy or even mostly unworthy political point then fine to some extent, but it's not. It's a game designed for enjoyment, and a bunch of idiots are taking it so seriously that they're affecting the real working lives of people in France. Aggravated or not, grow up, shame on them. Ban the lot.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 16 Jun 2016 07:21

Still no comebacks after 14 games.....what price on Wales being the first to come from 1-0 down to win in Euro2016.......Not that I'm worried about later :shock:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jun 2016 08:29

Ian Royal Whoops. Poor Albania, so dogged and then tired legs and can't clear their lines. Suddenly they're 2-0 down and it's game over.

Be interesting to see how France cope with one of the better sides, they looked very laboured... but would surely get more space against someone who takes the game to them.

Well assuming France win the group - their route to the semi finals is a 3rd place team and a guaranteed QF against a team that comes 2nd in their group (B v F) so could feasibly not play a "better side" until the semis.

The more you look at this structure of tournament, the worse it looks as the luck of the draw of which group you are in can have a big effect on the ease or difficulty of winning it. At least with 16 or 32 teams, you know win the group you get an easier game in the knockout and then are likely to face another group winner in the QF. Here 2 group winners, know they have an easier route to the semi's compared to others.

The hosts groups have the easiest of the lot as even the runner-up doesn't have to play a group winner in round 2!

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 16 Jun 2016 09:36

Ian Royal
Platypuss Albania certainly looking like no mugs either.

Who will be the first to beat a minnow by more than 1 goal? Which will be the first minnow to be beaten by more than 1 goal.

Obvs I'm working on the basis that Austria, Belgium and Ukraine aren't minnows. Slovakia, Iceland, Northern Ireland and Albania. Who else?Maybe Turkey, Ireland and/or Hungary too.

Albania, m8.

But yeah, decent effort. Think its more that there's a long tail of "OK but no great shakes" and very few really good teams trying to hammer massive wins early.

It's a very tactical tournament thus far.

1464 posts