Hob Nob Legend

Re: Euro 2016 Thread

by genome » 16 Jun 2016 16:13

I was always confident

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Jun 2016 16:14

Slovakia will know a point will likely see them go through so we can expect to see a deep, counter-attacking performance yet again so we'll need Vardy and Sturridge in the wide positions cutting inside, traditional wingers won't cut it against a team playing like that as shown against Russia and Wales.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Jun 2016 16:21

The quality was so poor out there it was like a Sunday league game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2016 16:25

No Fixed Abode The quality was so poor out there it was like a Sunday league game.

Indeed. I thought I was watching Chelsea at times.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Jun 2016 16:26

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode The quality was so poor out there it was like a Sunday league game.

That would mean averting your eyes from hob nob. Wouldn't happen.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 16 Jun 2016 16:33

typical extreme right wing cahunt, always doing our country down.

So, who are you supporting, glory boy?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jun 2016 16:55

Bouncewatch

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Jun 2016 16:57

LUX

typical extreme right wing cahunt, always doing our country down.

So, who are you supporting, glory boy?

Blimey! You're weird.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2016 16:59

No Fixed Abode
Ian Royal

RattLOLed
There it is!
Personal attacks?
Etc etc.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Jun 2016 17:02

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode
Ian Royal Indeed. I thought I was watching Chelsea at times.

RattLOLed
There it is!
Personal attacks?
Etc etc.

So you started it :lol:
Now playing the victim.
Sign of a troll. :lol:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 16 Jun 2016 17:11

And there is the first comeback win (forgive my lateness, watched it on delay.....bloody work!!)

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 16 Jun 2016 17:22

Nice, I hope to see England and Wales progress, can anyone give me an idea who and when in the next round? I find it all a bit mindboggling.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Jun 2016 17:27

Depends on result v Slovakia.
Wales can still finish bottom if they lose to Russia, and England and Slovakia draw.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Jun 2016 17:34

Platypuss Depends on result v Slovakia.
Wales can still finish bottom if they lose to Russia, and England and Slovakia draw.

The only thing that's certain (I think ) is the team that finished third get Germany. I would just be please to get through personally. After that if we have to play Germany then so be it, but I would fear a world cup semi final scoreline if we play like today.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Jun 2016 17:44

Ian Royal
tidus_mi2 HRK has done well, maybe we missed a trick by not trying him as a target man?

We did. He was ok, but never looked like scoring and didn't have Garath Bale behind him to pick up the slack.

That was a much much better second half. Still a pass too many too often and not zipping it along to stretch the opposition enough. Trying to do a little too much in the middle and snatching at chances. Horriffic long shooting too. But enough, just barely to dominate the game and sneak a win. Wales can feel really really unlucky. As unlucky as England ended feeling against Russia.

Now can we please not see Sterling on the pitch again?

Can't agree that Wales were unlucky.

Dominated by a pretty average outfit so that they had less than a third of possession (and it wasn't as if England were tip tapping around at the back to up the possession stats).

Our problem was we just don't have the imagination to break through a wall of defence when we get to the penalty area.

Well we do in Jack Wilshere but he's still sat on his bum.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jun 2016 17:47

Sometimes...........a win is not enough

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Jun 2016 17:48

Royal Rother
Ian Royal
tidus_mi2 HRK has done well, maybe we missed a trick by not trying him as a target man?

We did. He was ok, but never looked like scoring and didn't have Garath Bale behind him to pick up the slack.

That was a much much better second half. Still a pass too many too often and not zipping it along to stretch the opposition enough. Trying to do a little too much in the middle and snatching at chances. Horriffic long shooting too. But enough, just barely to dominate the game and sneak a win. Wales can feel really really unlucky. As unlucky as England ended feeling against Russia.

Dominated by a pretty average outfit so that they had less than a third of possession (and it wasn't as if England were tip tapping around at the back to up the possession stats).

Our problem was we just don't have the imagination to break through a wall of defence when we get to the penalty area.

Indeed, Wales didn't come to play football and got what they deserved.

England were excellent in the second half I thought and absolutely got what we deserved.

Sturridge looked a lot sharper than he has done in the last few weeks for club and country, Rooney again shined in a midfield role, Alli was everywhere, and I thought Rashford looked extremely tidy when he came on too.

Sterling should be an impact sub at best for the rest of the tournament. Kane's form is worrying, should perhaps be 'rested' for the final game.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Jun 2016 17:51

Royal Rother
Ian Royal

Ill match your possession with the shots on Target....Wales 2 England 4......Indeed we are an average outfit, with not a large pool of players.....but its not like England were testing our keeper every 2 minutes. Wales came for a point and nearly got it. We were unlucky not to get a point (that we didn't deserve), the ball ran luckily for Sturridge and, well, god knows what a certain player was doing not standing up to a toe poke. As I say England deserved it but the 92nd minute? That's leaving it a tad late.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 16 Jun 2016 17:58

winchester_royal Indeed, Wales didn't come to play football and got what they deserved.

No. Like Iceland the other night they had a game plan against, on paper at least, a stronger team. Defend well and in numbers and try to counter attack when they could. We all applauded Iceland for their approach. In Ramsey I thought they had the MOTM. People go on about Bale but he's the real heartbeat of that team.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2016 18:04

winchester_royal
Royal Rother
Ian Royal We did. He was ok, but never looked like scoring and didn't have Garath Bale behind him to pick up the slack.

Indeed, Wales didn't come to play football and got what they deserved.

England were excellent in the second half I thought and absolutely got what we deserved.

Sturridge looked a lot sharper than he has done in the last few weeks for club and country, Rooney again shined in a midfield role, Alli was everywhere, and I thought Rashford looked extremely tidy when he came on too.

Sterling should be an impact sub at best for the rest of the tournament. Kane's form is worrying, should perhaps be 'rested' for the final game.

I thought Wales had England looking like they had little clue how to make a break through. England certainly dominated, but I thought Wales could reasonably feel a little unlucky not to have held on that extra couple of minutes. Similarly to how we could feel a little unlucky when Palace, who had utterly dominated us, got a soft penalty late on to get the win they'd probably merited.

Agree on everything else apart from us being excellent second half. I thought we were much better, but still a little laboured.

1464 posts