Do you think Messi is overrated?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 47
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Are you also sick of the Messi worship?

by genome » 22 Jun 2014 18:06

double d had a crap season

:lol:

never performed at the world cup.

2 winning goals so far this WC, so I'd say he's performing right now.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jun 2014 18:20

^ its getting a bit like a groundhog day here.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 22 Jun 2014 18:23

The thing is he plays for Barcelona who immediately send me to sleep after 10 minutes of watching them. He may of been great but if I was awake by the time he showed his brilliance I was fuming and shouting at their tactics.

He's never really done it at the world cup, although he has dragged a poor team through the group this time, but then so has Joel Campbell.

double d

by double d » 22 Jun 2014 18:54

Barcelona are noticeably not the same team without Messi in.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Jun 2014 00:26

Victor Meldrew
sandman
soggy biscuit
41 goals in 46 games and runner up in world player of the year

Actual LOL.

Anyone who actually has their eyes open and looks past stats can see that Messi isn't quite the same player since his injury lay off.

It's a recurring muscle injury and is a big concern to Barcelona and it has had an impact on him. Although he doesn't want to miss playing time there has been talk of them managing how many minutes he plays rather than him playing every minute of every game in all competitions.

Same thing with Real Madrid who according to Marca wouldn't be wholly disappointed if Portugal lose to the yanks so Ronaldo can rest his knee.

Well said.
The electrifying change of pace hasn't been there for some time.
The best player in my lifetime IMHO and every team would want him playing for them but never mind, let the people on here carry on believing that Rooney is a world star earning an unbelievable amount of money for a run-of-the-mill player in world terms when in fact he is not fit to tie the little man's bootlaces.
Players as good as him only come around every 20 years or so (Pele, Maradona and/or Cruyff)-enjoy him for those magic moments as you might have to wait a long time to see anybody as good and put up with the TV people getting carried away (which I don't think they have) with everything he does.
BTW he tends to be surrounded by 2 or 3 players every time he gets the ball so don't expect him to perform miracles in every minute of every game.

Maradona for me as bpiml but yes all of of the above.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jun 2014 10:26

double d In addition, i also think Neymar is ridiculously over rated as well. Haven't seen 1 thing from him in any game i have watched him play in ever that warrants his hype.

agreed- over rated rat boy

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 23 Jun 2014 11:21

double d Over rated and had a crap season in a team that has lost it and aged too much. Not the best player in the World and never performed at the world cup. Just because he scored against Iran the commentators creamed all over him. I cannot stand all this Messi love. On this season he wouldn't make my top 3 best players. Same with bale. He does 1 thing and everybody creams over it.

So yes.

:lol:

What are you on about?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 23 Jun 2014 11:26

I for one am glad of all the Messi love - who doesn't want to see one of the best players in the world performing on the biggest international stage?

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 23 Jun 2014 11:28

Big Foot I for one am glad of all the Messi love - who doesn't want to see one of the best players in the world performing on the biggest international stage?

This.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Jun 2014 12:31

Big Foot I for one am glad of all the Messi love - who doesn't want to see one of the best players in the world performing on the biggest international stage?

Judging by the amount of people who were willing the yanks to win last night to "send Ronaldo home" quite a few don't want to see the best players performing on the international stage.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 23 Jun 2014 12:42

That's probably right. He's not really performed.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 23 Jun 2014 12:51

Over-rated? No.
Slightly irritated by some of the TV pundits' views? Yes.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 23 Jun 2014 12:58

sandman

Judging by the amount of people who were willing the yanks to win last night to "send Ronaldo home" quite a few don't want to see the best players performing on the international stage.

Messi is quite likeable, whereas Ronaldo is the opposite of this. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 23 Jun 2014 13:02

i like Ronaldo....smoking hot

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jun 2014 13:39

sandman

He's an absolute megapcunt who hasn't performed at a world cup in his career, we're better off without him

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 23 Jun 2014 13:52

sandman

Difference being, Ronaldo has always had a rough ride in this country since this moment (justified too, IMO)

China_royal

by China_royal » 24 Jun 2014 01:00

Whatevs i like Ronaldo....smoking hot

I like ronaldo too. He's charismatic and has so much more personality than Messi (who is a tax evading asshole)

http://uk.yahoo.com/eurosport/blogs/pit ... 07071.html

double d

by double d » 24 Jun 2014 09:21

Apparently Ronaldo's Z haircut is in homage to a little boys scar for whom he paid the entire £50,000 for his brain surgery. That's very nice of him

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jun 2014 17:24

Messi's shitness continues.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Jun 2014 17:32

Messi is over-rated? Is this the most idiotic thing ever posted on a football forum?

Likewise the assertion that we really, really need to look behind the stats of 41 goals in 46 games. He wasn't even properly fit for many of those. The stats just emphasise how good he is - as Vic says, he plays every match triple-teamed. And he has to be, if he wasn't he'd score a hat-trick every other game.