how clean is her valley

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

how clean is her valley

by multisync1830 » 26 Jun 2014 18:27

having just watched the Ghanaian slice it into his own net. On a scale of 1-10 how clean do you think this WC have been...?

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

Re: how clean is her valley

by Flyingkiwi » 27 Jun 2014 05:55

Odd question, given that the one thing that is going to stand out in the memory of pretty much everybody who has seen this World Cup will be Suarez and his suspension.

Other than that; I think the referees have been putting a fairly strict interpretation on most rules (As witnessed by the number of Red cards that have been issued) which, I think, has tempered things. But that still hasn't stopped incidents like the Greeks kicking the Japanese black and blue.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jun 2014 10:58

I wouldn't agree the refs have been that strict to be honest.

I can't think of too many cards that have been issued when they might not've been (I've slacked off over the last few days so may have missed a few). The only one that springs to mind is Valencia's red but for me that was just a case of the ref rightly thinking he rectlessly jumped at an opponents legs with his studs showing.

Conversly Neymar, Pogba and Godin could, or should, have seen reds as three examples of refs not being too strict of officious.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 27 Jun 2014 11:19

Lots of corruption in world football esp now it's been opened up as a betting option. The recent dispatches TV expose about Ghana officials makes it obvious that at some point we will be looking at a match rigging scandal like cricket.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Jun 2014 16:20

i think it would be near imposible to slice the ball like that and guarantee it go into your own net

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Jun 2014 13:07

Hoop Blah I wouldn't agree the refs have been that strict to be honest.

I can't think of too many cards that have been issued when they might not've been (I've slacked off over the last few days so may have missed a few). The only one that springs to mind is Valencia's red but for me that was just a case of the ref rightly thinking he rectlessly jumped at an opponents legs with his studs showing.

Conversly Neymar, Pogba and Godin could, or should, have seen reds as three examples of refs not being too strict of officious.

Totally agree. Far more lenient than in recent tournaments.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 28 Jun 2014 16:28

melonhead i think it would be near imposible to slice the ball like that and guarantee it go into your own net

Are you suggesting a player only gets one attempt to fix a match?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jun 2014 17:57

Royal Rother
Hoop Blah I wouldn't agree the refs have been that strict to be honest.

Totally agree. Far more lenient than in recent tournaments.

+1 saw a game the other day, can't recall which one, and the ref should have dished out at least two, if not three yellows before he gave one. And one of the players could have received a total of three yellows by the end of the game.

The original worries of fixing thanks to the first ref have largely gone now. There just seem to be several really poor refs. And a general directive to let diving go.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 01 Jul 2014 10:27

Camaroon in 7 player match fixing scandle, and they've not even managed to deny it properly.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1