Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Tulip

by Avon Royal » 08 Jul 2014 21:54

TuLOLip.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jul 2014 22:27

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves laughing at a beautiful, middle aged woman.

Zaretsky

by Zaretsky » 08 Jul 2014 22:49

Do you really think this has been a particularly exciting performance from Germany? You can only play what's in front of you but that was fully Brazil being uttershit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2014 22:51

Zaretsky Do you really think this has been a particularly exciting performance from Germany? You can only play what's in front of you but that was fully Brazil being uttershit.

Germany's play was scintillating at times. Yeah the Brazilians were statuesque, but you don't put 7 past anyone without playing very well.

Zaretsky

by Zaretsky » 08 Jul 2014 23:05

Ian Royal
Zaretsky Do you really think this has been a particularly exciting performance from Germany? You can only play what's in front of you but that was fully Brazil being uttershit.

Germany's play was scintillating at times. Yeah the Brazilians were statuesque, but you don't put 7 past anyone without playing very well.

They were organised, created chances and took them. They weren't that good. This German team is very fallible.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 Jul 2014 23:06

Apart from the Schuerler goal and maybe Kroos, the others were just simple play and laid on a plate. Not spectacular but good movement, passing, and easy finishes.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 08 Jul 2014 23:07

Zaretsky
Ian Royal

They were organised, created chances and took them. They weren't that good. This German team is very fallible.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2014 23:11

So fallible they've dicked Portugal and Brazil, seen off arguably their biggest rivals for form side in the tournament in France, beaten a hardworking and resilient US side without having to work too hard and got a bit of a scare against Ghana, but still didn't get beaten.

Now Lahm is back in defence and Khedira and Schweinsteiger are running midfield with Kroos they look far more solid at the back too. They've got oodles of goals in them and they're still ruthlessly efficient.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 Jul 2014 23:17

Zaretsky
Ian Royal

:lol:

You lent Spacey your login m8?

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 09 Jul 2014 01:40

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 09 Jul 2014 10:53

TBM Germany. Boring?

lol :lol:

Agreed!

And honoured that my opinion is deemed so important as to start a new thread!

Zaretsky

by Zaretsky » 09 Jul 2014 16:46

Eaststandman
Zaretsky
Ian Royal Germany's play was scintillating at times. Yeah the Brazilians were statuesque, but you don't put 7 past anyone without playing very well.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not sure what about what I've said warrants that sort of reaction.

I haven't said they were useless. I haven't said they were bad. I haven't said they were average. I haven't even said they weren't good.

I said they weren't that good.

Can they win the World Cup? Of course. Will they definitely? Nope. Do I think they're better than Spain at the last three major tournaments? Not a chance.

Just because you lot instantly spunk yourselves when you see a big scoreline, ain't my problem.

Zaretsky

by Zaretsky » 09 Jul 2014 16:48

Ian Royal So fallible they've dicked Portugal and Brazil, seen off arguably their biggest rivals for form side in the tournament in France, beaten a hardworking and resilient US side without having to work too hard and got a bit of a scare against Ghana, but still didn't get beaten.

Nice spin on things but you're still describing a good but not utterly convincing tournament.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 09 Jul 2014 17:09

Yeah, Germany have many strengths but also key weaknesses as demonstrated against Ghana and Algeria.

The question, I suppose, is whether the moving of Lahm back to the back 4 and the extra couple of games for layoff-returnees Schweinsteiger and Khedira have sufficiently improved the team. The France and Brazil games would suggest so, but would it be that much of a surprise to see the high line get exposed against Messi or Robben?

Zaretsky

by Zaretsky » 09 Jul 2014 17:16

Ouroboros Yeah, Germany have many strengths but also key weaknesses as demonstrated against Ghana and Algeria.

The question, I suppose, is whether the moving of Lahm back to the back 4 and the extra couple of games for layoff-returnees Schweinsteiger and Khedira have sufficiently improved the team. The France and Brazil games would suggest so, but would it be that much of a surprise to see the high line get exposed against Messi or Robben?

I think Van Gaal is a better tactician than Loew (not only demonstrated by the goalkeeper thing) but the German team seem to play for Loew, no matter the system, in a way I haven't seen much in other teams (Klinsmann and the US, oddly, being another example).

I think Germany would take apart Argentina. I think the Dutch would have a good chance against Germany but I have a feeling they're going to come up short against Argentina (as much as I want the Dutch to win).

Cue incredulity from all that I'm not instantly bowing down at the newly constructed altar of German international football.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 09 Jul 2014 18:16

Heard 2 bosch journo's on the radio today both say they would rather face the argies purely as Van Gaal knows the german players so well

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jul 2014 20:09

Agree the Germans have a better chance against the Argies. They're a little similar to the Brazil side Germany just smashed after all. The Dutch have been tactically flexible and strong in all departments. Plus with Robben they have exactly the sort of pace that could take advantage of the Germans weakness at the back.

Not being certainties to win the tournament doesn't make them not fantastic at the moment though.