World Cup Punditry

149 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: World Cup Punditry

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jul 2018 23:13

leon Gary Neville being an absolute cnut on the Uraguay France game.

Just shut up you fcuking dullard.
ITV right?

:roll:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jul 2018 00:26

genome Does anyone else find ITV's coverage a bit... depressing? Can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something about it that feels turgid and brings my mood down.

Bottom line, BBC is public service broadcasting so generally have to have people who are vaguely competent, ITV is light entertainment so have to have "characters" prepared to make complete arses of themselves in public for money.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Jul 2018 20:05

What a knob Gary Neville is without a script written for him by sky.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jul 2018 20:21

BBCs coverage doesn’t have adverts interrupting the niceties on the pitch...pre, during and after.

But I’d still take ITVs over $ky

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Jul 2018 00:33

windermereROYAL What a knob Gary Neville is without a script written for him by sky.

His views on Uruguay and their cheating culture was borderline racist. Bearing in mind he appeared to be sharing his views on the team from the 1960s and not the team that was actually playing.

It was embarrassing. Especially as he’s played in teams with Shearer and Hughes, who both used the dark arts very well (not sure he ever played in team with Mark Hughes but fcuk it the point still stands it was Man U)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jul 2018 09:30

Neville has annoyed me too. He loves to say things that will cause a stir and often gives an anti-opinion just to get some interaction on Twitter.

Last night he was criticising the Croatian keeper for letting in that first Russian goal. Is he oxf*rd mad? It bent in from distance and went like a rocket, keeper wouldn't have even seen it. He's been very disrespectful to keepers before, obviously hates them.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jul 2018 09:43

Old Man Andrews Neville has annoyed me too. He loves to say things that will cause a stir and often gives an anti-opinion just to get some interaction on Twitter.

Last night he was criticising the Croatian keeper for letting in that first Russian goal. Is he oxf*rd mad? It bent in from distance and went like a rocket, keeper wouldn't have even seen it. He's been very disrespectful to keepers before, obviously hates them.

That was prompted me to post about him, he said if he stayed on the line he would have just plucked it out of the air, the other 2 pundits unsurprisingly disagreed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2018 10:57

windermereROYAL
Old Man Andrews Neville has annoyed me too. He loves to say things that will cause a stir and often gives an anti-opinion just to get some interaction on Twitter.

That was prompted me to post about him, he said if he stayed on the line he would have just plucked it out of the air, the other 2 pundits unsurprisingly disagreed.

It was noticeable that by the end of the game Bilic and Dixon were openly dismissive of his opinions. Gary appears to have caught fukwititis from his brother.

"It was a metre and a half inside the post" WTAF are you talking about you total bellend.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Jul 2018 11:30

I thought ITV's reserve commentators (John Thingamebob and Ally McCoist) were very good covering the Croatia game.
Why is it that the foreign pundits (Bilic, Klinsmann etc.)are so much better than ours and they are not even speaking their native language?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Jul 2018 13:02

Think Bilic is chuffing awful, myself

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jul 2018 13:05

Same

They've had a panel of Bilic, Keane, O'Neill and Dixon a couple of times - utterly depressing

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 09 Jul 2018 13:10

Bilic is terrible...slouches and rambles all over the shop

Average player and manager who got Blanc sent off in WC SF by acting injured

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jul 2018 13:12

Anyone else think Bilic might be enjoying the Russian "hospitality" a bit too much prior to going on air?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Jul 2018 16:58

windermereROYAL

Yep. 'Schmeichel would have saved it.'
Christ.

Neville is very good at the thoughtful and planned analysis, the 10 to 15 minute segments he presents on MNF, but as a pundit tasked with 30 second snippets on the game he has been awful.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 13:18

I wonder if Mr Lineker will moan about the lack of diversity in this list? Or will he keep shtum.

BBC top earners.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Jul 2018 13:21

TheSpread I wonder if Mr Lineker will moan about the lack of diversity in this list? Or will he keep shtum.

BBC top earners.

What the f*ck has this got to do with anything? Piss off, go away somewhere else.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 13:32

Gary Lineker is the host of the BBC World Cup team and Alan Shearer is one of the senior pundits. Given than this thread is about World Cup punditry I would suggest it's relevant.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Jul 2018 13:57

TheSpread Gary Lineker is the host of the BBC World Cup team and Alan Shearer is one of the senior pundits. Given than this thread is about World Cup punditry I would suggest it's relevant.

Why is the diversity of BBC pay relevant?

And it's hardly a surprise Lineker tops the list, is it, being the front man for the BBC's football coverage, year-round?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Jul 2018 13:57

Why would being top of a list of BBC earners preclude you from suggesting the list should be more diverse?

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 13:59

Silver Fox Why would being top of a list of BBC earners preclude you from suggesting the list should be more diverse?

Well lets wait and see what Mr Lineker says.

149 posts