Euro 2020

2571 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Euro 2020

by Franchise FC » 16 Nov 2019 14:21

Cyprus v Scotland
Cyprus ‘score’ but ball over the line not spotted by referee or linesman and no goal-line technology and no VAR (must be a seriously tinpot competition)
Callum McGregor booked for getting rid of a spare ball on the pitch which, from c25 yards, hit the ball sat ready for a corner. If he was that accurate with his passing I could have understood the booking, but this is a Scottish midfielder.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Nov 2019 17:01

Loving the new Wales strip......one of the best.
Gutted we are without the some of the big names to start....always happens when it matters.
Cmon lads. At least Bale is fit.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Nov 2019 17:11

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes GTFI

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Nov 2019 17:38

Christ even Harry Wilson couldn't miss that one.....fabulous strike by Dan James.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Nov 2019 18:45

bcubed Anybody planning to attend any games at the Euro finals?

I take it that’s a No

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Nov 2019 18:52

bcubed

I take it that’s a No

If we get there I may go. Gutted I couldnt go in 2016. The Belgium game must have been incredible.I
Always dreamed of Wales qualifying for at least one tournament before I die.....waited 51 years.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Nov 2019 19:41

Ascotexgunner
bcubed

I take it that’s a No

If we get there I may go. Gutted I couldnt go in 2016. The Belgium game must have been incredible.I
Always dreamed of Wales qualifying for at least one tournament before I die.....waited 51 years.

I waited until I was 52 although we did reach the quarter finals of the European Championships in 1976. A good win today. If Croatia avoid defeat at home to Slovakia tonight it goes to the wire in Cardiff in Tuesday night in a winner takes all game with Hungary. I shall be there and expecting the worst. It’s the Welsh way.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Nov 2019 20:00

Ascotexgunner Christ even Harry Wilson couldn't miss that one.....fabulous strike by Dan James.

What's wrong with Harry Wilson? I always thought he was pretty decent

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Nov 2019 20:00

Zip
Ascotexgunner
bcubed I take it that’s a No

I waited until I was 52 although we did reach the quarter finals of the European Championships in 1976. A good win today. If Croatia avoid defeat at home to Slovakia tonight it goes to the wire in Cardiff in Tuesday night in a winner takes all game with Hungary. I shall be there and expecting the worst. It’s the Welsh way.

So what happens if you lose on Tuesday? Is it playoffs or is it over for you? I'm really confused about the new structure of it to be honest

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Nov 2019 20:05

URZZZZ
Zip
Ascotexgunner

So what happens if you lose on Tuesday? Is it playoffs or is it over for you? I'm really confused about the new structure of it to be honest

It is very confusing but yes we are guaranteed a play off because we finished second in our Nations League group .As Denmark have now qualified we take their play off place because they had won our Nations League Group.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Nov 2019 20:05

URZZZZ
Ascotexgunner Christ even Harry Wilson couldn't miss that one.....fabulous strike by Dan James.

He played really well tonight.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Nov 2019 21:38

Wales v Hungary. Cardiff. Tuesday night. Winner qualifies for the finals.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Nov 2019 21:39

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

It is very confusing but yes we are guaranteed a play off because we finished second in our Nations League group .As Denmark have now qualified we take their play off place because they had won our Nations League Group.

What was wrong with the simple structure they had before may I ask? And why is it not just one host nation rather than loads of different ones?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Nov 2019 21:40

Zip Wales v Hungary. Cardiff. Tuesday night. Winner qualifies for the finals.

What about a draw?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Nov 2019 22:34

URZZZZ
Zip Wales v Hungary. Cardiff. Tuesday night. Winner qualifies for the finals.

What about a draw?

Then Slovakia will qualify as they are very likely to beat Azerbaijan at home.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Nov 2019 22:36

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ

What was wrong with the simple structure they had before may I ask? And why is it not just one host nation rather than loads of different ones?

I don’t mind it but it’s far too confusing, The Nations League replaces friendlies which is fine buts it’s very messy.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Nov 2019 00:59

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

I don’t mind it but it’s far too confusing, The Nations League replaces friendlies which is fine buts it’s very messy.

Yeah, I lost track a long time ago of what’s happening, I’ll just wait to the actual Euros to catch up

It just feels like, to me, they’re messing around with the internationals too much. I know it’s a few years away but I’m dreading the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. I don’t think it will end well and to have it bang through the season is wrong IMO. The World Cup should always be a summer thing, not a week before Christmas or whatever

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Nov 2019 09:06

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ

Yeah, I lost track a long time ago of what’s happening, I’ll just wait to the actual Euros to catch up

It just feels like, to me, they’re messing around with the internationals too much. I know it’s a few years away but I’m dreading the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. I don’t think it will end well and to have it bang through the season is wrong IMO. The World Cup should always be a summer thing, not a week before Christmas or whatever

It’s never been a summer event for any country in the southern hemisphere

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Nov 2019 12:26

Franchise FC
URZZZZ
Zip

It’s never been a summer event for any country in the southern hemisphere

Ya know what I mean though...in England, used to watching it on a hot summer's day rather than in the winter months

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Nov 2019 14:14

URZZZZ

Harry Wilson in a Wales shirt has been awful imo. This was best game in a Wales shirt tonight.
We should have been out of site at halftime. Moore was another one who could have bagged 5 goals but his finishing was terrible. We cannot afford to miss these chances against Hungary.

2571 posts