Euro 2020

2571 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Euro 2020

by BR0B0T » 12 Jun 2021 22:57

LUX Lukaku has played a fantastic centre forward role, best performance I have seen for a long time in that position ( not just his goals).

Meunier, on as an early sub, has been fantastic ( also scored).

Eden Hazard, a late sub, has just had a couple of amazing runs.

I didn't watch that game...

Lukaku at Utd just didn't work, his first touch was dreadful.

Teams parked the bus so no room in behind and no one to cross the ball to him

Delighted that he's doing well tho

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Jun 2021 22:57

Defibrillators save lives. Way more than all of the other crap in first aid kits that businesses are forced to have. They should be mandatory for any site with x number of staff.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 12 Jun 2021 22:59

Very glad Eriksen is alive. I didn’t see the incident, but the photos tell the story.

Will he play again or is that it for him, like poor Muamba?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Jun 2021 23:03

Royal Ginger Defibrillators save lives. Way more than all of the other crap in first aid kits that businesses are forced to have. They should be mandatory for any site with x number of staff.

But are people in the company allowed to use them? Not sure the first aiders on our site are allowed.

I was told by the some of the site medics that CPR is a bit pointless on a percentage basis. If someone needs CPR heavy chances are the outcome is a bad one

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Jun 2021 23:14

John Madejski's Wallet
Royal Ginger Defibrillators save lives. Way more than all of the other crap in first aid kits that businesses are forced to have. They should be mandatory for any site with x number of staff.

But are people in the company allowed to use them? Not sure the first aiders on our site are allowed.

I was told by the some of the site medics that CPR is a bit pointless on a percentage basis. If someone needs CPR heavy chances are the outcome is a bad one

CPR is mostly pointless on it’s own for tachycardia and fibrillation but adding a swiftly fetched defibrillator ups chances several times over.

You don’t need ANY training at all to use a defibrillator these days. Obviously it speeds up and helps if you know how it works but anyone can do it. If you are near a community defibrillator or even a registered one in a business 999 operators will direct you to one and get you to crack on. The machines are completely automated and won’t let you shock if it’s not appropriate or if someone is touching the patient.

I’ve been banging this drum at my work for a while and the three we own across two sites have saved two lives since we got them in 2016.

They should be as standard as fire extinguishers, seat belts and airbags. I truly believe that.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 12 Jun 2021 23:15

John Madejski's Wallet

What’s the situation if you need to use one of the defibrillators that are popping up everywhere in rural villages, locked away in yellow boxes?

I thought if you needed to use them, any member of the public could phone 999 and get the code to use it. If they’re reserved for use by only the medically trained then it seems very much counter productive.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 12 Jun 2021 23:16

^ RG answered my question.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Jun 2021 23:16

Scutterbucketz Very glad Eriksen is alive. I didn’t see the incident, but the photos tell the story.

It's on Twitter, not that you're the sort of ghoul that watches that sort of thing

He just went to receive the ball from a throw-in and just went down face first

Took a couple of seconds for everyone to realize he was in a bad way

Would ECG scans on his medical pick up heart trouble or not?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 12 Jun 2021 23:23

BR0B0T
Scutterbucketz Very glad Eriksen is alive. I didn’t see the incident, but the photos tell the story.

It's on Twitter, not that you're the sort of ghoul that watches that sort of thing

He just went to receive the ball from a throw-in and just went down face first

Took a couple of seconds for everyone to realize he was in a bad way

Would ECG scans on his medical pick up heart trouble or not?

Nah I’ll pass. I read his missus ran out onto the pitch and there’s pictures of his team mates crying.

It very much puts a dampener on the tournament. If he had died then you do wonder if it would have been cancelled.

But thankfully that’s just a musing rather than a reality.
Last edited by Scutterbucketz on 13 Jun 2021 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Jun 2021 23:44

Royal Ginger
John Madejski's Wallet

CPR is mostly pointless on it’s own for tachycardia and fibrillation but adding a swiftly fetched defibrillator ups chances several times over.

You don’t need ANY training at all to use a defibrillator these days. Obviously it speeds up and helps if you know how it works but anyone can do it. If you are near a community defibrillator or even a registered one in a business 999 operators will direct you to one and get you to crack on. The machines are completely automated and won’t let you shock if it’s not appropriate or if someone is touching the patient.

I’ve been banging this drum at my work for a while and the three we own across two sites have saved two lives since we got them in 2016.

They should be as standard as fire extinguishers, seat belts and airbags. I truly believe that.

Just saw stat saying defibrillators are great and save lives and should be everywhere, but that the efficacy comes if used within 3 min.

Not being a Debbie downer, but how often is that ever likely to happen?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Jun 2021 00:16

John Madejski's Wallet
Royal Ginger
John Madejski's Wallet But are people in the company allowed to use them? Not sure the first aiders on our site are allowed.

Just saw stat saying defibrillators are great and save lives and should be everywhere, but that the efficacy comes if used within 3 min.

Not being a Debbie downer, but how often is that ever likely to happen?

Agreed, a bit dubious about the community ones but if every Shop, Theatre, School building, Office block etc had one to the point that you ask “where’s your defibrillator?” rather than, “is there a defibrillator nearby?” you’d save a bunch of lives.

Where do you stop though? You could spend thousands and thousands installing every bit of safety equipment to the point that it’s almost all redundant. I just have a real bee in my bonnet about defibrillators and i’m 9/10 sure that in the coming days and weeks we’ll hear how it saved Eriksen’s life today.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Jun 2021 02:45

It was horrible. The cameras panned into his face and frankly he looked dead. Absolutely brilliant he is still alive. I can’t see him playing again but really given the situation that’s minor.
I cannot believe the authorities decided the game should be completed. No one would have complained at a 0-0 draw being agreed.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Jun 2021 06:20

Zip

It was horrible. The cameras panned into his face and frankly he looked dead. Absolutely brilliant he is still alive. I can’t see him playing again but really given the situation that’s minor.
I cannot believe the authorities decided the game should be completed. No one would have complained at a 0-0 draw being agreed.

The players wanted to play apparently.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jun 2021 06:29

Simmops
Zip

They did but, according to the Danish Manager they had a choice of finishing last night or lunchtime today, so there was clearly an expectation that the game had to finish.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jun 2021 06:31

Read this morning that if he has had a cardiac arrest, which seems likely, it will be illegal for him to play in Italy again so in the unlikely event he can play again it will not be there.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jun 2021 07:58

Stranded

Read this morning that if he has had a cardiac arrest, which seems likely, it will be illegal for him to play in Italy again so in the unlikely event he can play again it will not be there.

Players at that level require insurance.
Can’t see any insurance business taking that on.
May even be a premium increase generally on the basis of increased risk (unjustified in my opinion, but that’s the insurance market)

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 13 Jun 2021 08:52

"Black Lives Matter: Croatia will not ask players to take a knee at Euro 2020".

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 13 Jun 2021 11:00

karbota "Black Lives Matter: Croatia will not ask players to take a knee at Euro 2020".

Well they can take the oxf*rd knee for Erikson then... All men from the former soviet block are stinky racists .I remember working in Prague in the late 90's and only queers used deodorant :roll:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jun 2021 11:26

Stranded
Simmops
Zip

They did but, according to the Danish Manager they had a choice of finishing last night or lunchtime today, so there was clearly an expectation that the game had to finish.

Shameful from UEFA really. No wonder they struggled in the 2nd half. Should have allowed a couple of days delay.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jun 2021 13:32

Einstein agogo
karbota "Black Lives Matter: Croatia will not ask players to take a knee at Euro 2020".

Well they can take the oxf*rd knee for Erikson then... All men from the former soviet block are stinky racists .I remember working in Prague in the late 90's and only queers used deodorant :roll:

You're trying to reason with a stinky racist, not sure your point will be taken on board.

2571 posts