Euro 2020

2571 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Euro 2020

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jul 2021 22:59

Two players who had barely kicked the ball, taking penalties with awful stuttering run ups just expecting Donarumma to get out the way.

And Saka couldn't have hit a more saveable penalty.

That was there to be won, despite Italy being by far the best team at the tournament. But we decided to just abandon our game and try and win 1-0.

Poor.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 11 Jul 2021 22:59

It’s been great for the fans and the pubs.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Jul 2021 23:05

Snowflake Royal Two players who had barely kicked the ball, taking penalties with awful stuttering run ups just expecting Donarumma to get out the way.

That was there to be won, despite Italy being by far the best team at the tournament. But we decided to just abandon our game and try and win 1-0.

Poor.

By far????

They went to ET 3 times and won twice on pens

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jul 2021 23:06

Yep.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jul 2021 23:07

Snowflake Royal Two players who had barely kicked the ball, taking penalties with awful stuttering run ups just expecting Donarumma to get out the way.

Poor.

Very frustrating. Italy were all over the place in the first 15 when Shaw and Trippier pushed forward. Then they stopped doing it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jul 2021 23:08

Zip

Poor.

Very frustrating. Italy were all over the place in the first 15 when Shaw and Trippier pushed forward. Then they stopped doing it.

They adapted to the problem and changed up how they were playing. We then did nothing to pose them a different problem.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Jul 2021 23:08

Rashford is a f*cking disgrace. Fancy Dan taking a penalty like that when your country is on the verge.
Sancho and Saka can be excused.....but that was unacceptable from a supposedly experienced player.
I would be really bitter if I was an England fan tonight (which I was as I wanted them to win).

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 11 Jul 2021 23:14

honestly england had the advantage of home games and only once came across a team of equal quality (italy), i feel like the Knee and marxist BLM salutes were a bit too much of a distraction. It's probably time for southgate to step down and get some fresh leadership. team needs someone like warnock or ian holloway

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jul 2021 23:15

Lol just lol (obvs)

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Jul 2021 23:16

Ascotexgunner Rashford is a f*cking disgrace. Fancy Dan taking a penalty like that when your country is on the verge.
Sancho and Saka can be excused.....but that was unacceptable from a supposedly experienced player.
I would be really bitter if I was an England fan tonight (which I was as I wanted them to win).

No, they can't be excused. They were all sh*t pens.

Typical English pens of side footing it gently into a very saveable place and hoping the keep goes the wrong way
Last edited by John Madejski's Wallet on 11 Jul 2021 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

download

by download » 11 Jul 2021 23:17

I thought we were going to lose in 90 minutes 2-0 with Italy looking comfortable. So we gave them a fight and made it difficult, so well done England.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Jul 2021 23:18

Southgate has been brilliant at so many aspects of management but he is just a bit too cautious and unreactive for me.

Mancini changed things in the 2nd half - they were very deep in the 1st half but started the 2nd half about 15 yards higher up the pitch, and made timely substitutions. Southgate did nothing to counter that.

Saka was poor - bit too big an occasions. I’m sure he’s been great in training (taking pens) but it’s a bloody big ask for him to step up as a teenager under that pressure. Where the fcuk was Sterling?

That defeat lies squarely on Southgate’s shoulders I’m sorry to say.

Very disappointed in his management tonight.

I fear we will continue to be nearly men under him - needs someone with a slightly more adventurous approach to take the next step.

But who? Fcuk knows.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 11 Jul 2021 23:19

:|

Posters piling on to England players and management.

They did incredibly well to take it this far.

And it’s the kind of thing a top nation and side does before winning a major tournament.

Disappointing yes, but there should be no recriminations.
Last edited by St Pauli on 11 Jul 2021 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Jul 2021 23:19

John Madejski's Wallet
Ascotexgunner Rashford is a f*cking disgrace. Fancy Dan taking a penalty like that when your country is on the verge.

No, they can't be excused. They were all sh*t pens.

Typical English pens of side footing it gently into a very saveable place and hoping the keep goes the wrong way

I just don't get why they place it. I just wonder if seeing Rashford miss put the doubts in their mind. McGuires penalty was a rocket.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jul 2021 23:21

Royal Rother Southgate has been brilliant at so many aspects of management but he is just a bit too cautious and unreactive for me.

Mancini changed things in the 2nd half - they were very deep in the 1st half but started the 2nd half about 15 yards higher up the pitch, and made timely substitutions. Southgate did nothing to counter that.

Saka was poor - bit too big an occasions. I’m sure he’s been great in training (taking pens) but it’s a bloody big ask for him to step up as a teenager under that pressure. Where the fcuk was Sterling?

I fear we will continue to be nearly men under him - needs someone with a slightly more adventurous approach to take the next step.

But who? Fcuk knows.
sooo, you would stick with the manager who has got us to our best ever finish in 55 (Fifty Five Years)....wouldn’t you?

I would

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Jul 2021 23:21

How old was this England squad in terms of average age?

I feel like they were one of the younger ones.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jul 2021 23:23

FFS. Rashford didn’t mean to miss. At least he stood up and took a pen. Others didn’t.

download

by download » 11 Jul 2021 23:24

Royal Rother Southgate has been brilliant at so many aspects of management but he is just a bit too cautious and unreactive for me.

But who? Fcuk knows.

Agree with you about Saka. Great player but didn't happen tonight. Why they put him on as number 5,

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jul 2021 23:24

AthleticoSpizz

But who? Fcuk knows.
sooo, you would stick with the manager who has got us to our best ever finish in 55 (Fifty Five Years)....wouldn’t you?

I would

Yes of course you would. He will learn from this.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jul 2021 23:25

Been a successful tournament, exceeded expectations by far

No point delving too far into it at this moment - little benefit of playing the blame game

2571 posts