England footballer wins gagging order

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: England footballer wins gagging order

by CMRoyal » 20 Aug 2010 12:28

cmonurz What does a typical 'expose' involve?

Four pages in the News of the World that make derogatory claims about the alleged 'wrong-doer'. I'd try to stop such a story getting published about me*, especially if it were false. A story in the papers can damage someone's reputation beyond anything that can be repaired by sueing anyone. The stories are not presented in any way sympathetically towards the footballer/movie star/whoever.

In my opinion, reputations are repaired by successful libel actions so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Personally I wouldn't want to stop a story getting published about me. If it's untrue, what have I to worry about? Could even be a bit of a cash cow. If it is true, then it's my fault and I'll face up to the consequences.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Aug 2010 12:37

can't be Gerrard. they said top clubs.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 20 Aug 2010 12:38

Can't be Lampard, it says 'plays for England'.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Aug 2010 12:40

cmonurz Can't be Lampard, it says 'plays for England'.

:|

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 20 Aug 2010 12:40

If it said 'eats for England'...

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Aug 2010 13:01

Skyline

by Skyline » 20 Aug 2010 13:15

Last night critics said he is part of an increasing trend which allows highly paid sports stars with access to expensive lawyers to exercise legal rights denied to ordinary members of the public.

TBF, it's unlikely that the national papers would bother with the equivalent 'expose' for an 'ordinary member of the public. You're not likely to read "Randy plumber Dave bedded me six times a night in dingy Eastbourne B&B" headlines.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 20 Aug 2010 14:30

No Fixed Abode
cmonurz Can't be Lampard, it says 'plays for England'.

:|

:lol:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 21 Aug 2010 13:53

Skyline
Last night critics said he is part of an increasing trend which allows highly paid sports stars with access to expensive lawyers to exercise legal rights denied to ordinary members of the public.

TBF, it's unlikely that the national papers would bother with the equivalent 'expose' for an 'ordinary member of the public. You're not likely to read "Randy plumber Dave bedded me six times a night in dingy Eastbourne B&B" headlines.

tbf the NotW does stories like that all the time. Always outing the private lives of teachers, doctors etc..

Disgraceful imho

Scylla

by Scylla » 21 Aug 2010 13:58

Skyline

"...claims gymslip nun."