LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8637 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Sep 2012 12:54

BR2
BrockManson Definitely a possibility of taking 6 points from Lolerpool this season, they're terrible.

Did you see the Man City and Man Utd games in full?
I wish Reading were that terrible.

Not sure where you're coming from here. Liverpool never do badly against top sides. It's the sides they're competing with at the mid/bottom of they table they always drop points against.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Sep 2012 13:07

Alexander Litvinenko Definitely a possibility of taking 6 points off 16 teams this season. Not a very high one, though.

In total? :cry:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 25 Sep 2012 13:11

who are ya? "Why did you get a lifetime ban m8?"

"I sang 'Where's your famous Munich song' during the game"

--------------------------------

"Why did you recieve an 8 match ban m8"

"I was found guilty of racism towards an opponent"

:| :| :| :| :|

What's wrong with that? Stop acting like a f/cking c/ntdick abortion and you get to enjoy football.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 25 Sep 2012 13:38

Platypuss
Alexander Litvinenko Definitely a possibility of taking 6 points off 16 teams this season. Not a very high one, though.

In total? :cry:

Sounds about right .... :lol:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Sep 2012 13:48

Also surprised not to hear any mention of Utd fans singing during YNWA. All I could hear out of the speaker behind me in the pub was Utd.

No idea what they were singing and I don't care that they were, just saying.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 25 Sep 2012 13:59

Extended-Phenotype

What's wrong with that?

What's right with it?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 25 Sep 2012 14:09

who are ya?
Extended-Phenotype

What's wrong with that?

What's right with it?

I liked the bit about banning c/nts, personally.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Sep 2012 14:39

I don't understand why you'd cry about Munich songs for years and then as soon as it all calms down start crying about them not being sung

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 25 Sep 2012 14:50

If being a kunt worthy of a lifetime ban is joining in a chant, which in the grand scheme of things is not that offensive, to wind up your gr8est rivals then football really is phucked.

Inappropriate on the day maybe but not offensive. The are a few chants that weren't chosen which would have been a hell of a lot worse that's for sure, surely nobody genuinely expected the day to pass without any banter whatsoever

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 25 Sep 2012 14:51

Silver Fox I don't understand why you'd cry about Munich songs for years and then as soon as it all calms down start crying about them not being sung

Stop disrespecting the 96, you horrid bully.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Sep 2012 14:54

#wecomenottoplay

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 25 Sep 2012 14:54

To understand Liverpool and it's polarisation of opinion, an understanding of the underlying social history is the most insightful.

When shipping and trade was booming there were fortunes to be made. However, there wasn't enough labour available. Irish immigrants were therefore invited over for promised work. The inevitable happened and they were living in squalid housing and basically exploited to the max. This is still the backdrop for the very detectable anti-establishment stance held firm by many there. I guess the Mancs have moved on or 'sold out' as the scousers would see it. Similar to pompey/saints I should think, but bigger cities with more illustrious teams.

Unfortunately Liverpool were the big news team at the wrong political time. Imagine what it was like in the 80's with Derek Hatton's mental militant nutters on one side and Thatcher's enforcers on the other!

Personally I'm happy to leave them to it and keep stum.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 25 Sep 2012 15:01

Royalclapper To understand Liverpool and it's polarisation of opinion, an understanding of the underlying social history is the most insightful.

When shipping and trade was booming there were fortunes to be made. However, there wasn't enough labour available. Irish immigrants were therefore invited over for promised work. The inevitable happened and they were living in squalid housing and basically exploited to the max. This is still the backdrop for the very detectable anti-establishment stance held firm by many there. I guess the Mancs have moved on or 'sold out' as the scousers would see it. Similar to pompey/saints I should think, but bigger cities with more illustrious teams.

Unfortunately Liverpool were the big news team at the wrong political time. Imagine what it was like in the 80's with Derek Hatton's mental militant nutters on one side and Thatcher's enforcers on the other!

You're underestim8ing a lot. Rivallry between Liverpool & Manchester goes back a lot further than than.

Liverpool has nearly always controlled the supply of raw materials needed by Manchester to thrive, so there have been occasions when Liverpool merchants controlled the destiny of those in Manchester - the prices they set at the port literally meant the difference between food and starvation for the Manchester workers.

It's no coincident that the first effective canal, the first effective railway and the first effective large-scale ship canal in th UK were all built between Liverpool and Manchester, in attempts by Manchester to lessen the effect on their economy of the transport of coal and cotton from Liverpool merchants.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 25 Sep 2012 15:14

who are ya? If being a kunt worthy of a lifetime ban is joining in a chant, which in the grand scheme of things is not that offensive, to wind up your gr8est rivals then football really is phucked.

Inappropriate on the day maybe but not offensive. The are a few chants that weren't chosen which would have been a hell of a lot worse that's for sure, surely nobody genuinely expected the day to pass without any banter whatsoever

What's banter about mocking fans for not bringing up an aircrash in which 23 people died?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 25 Sep 2012 15:27

Royalclapper To understand Liverpool and it's polarisation of opinion, an understanding of the underlying social history is the most insightful.

You say "imagine what it was like"-are you a young history student by any chance?
From the first line of your post I assume you have cribbed some of the text-normal people don't speak or write like that on a football forum during a Tuesday afternoon. :wink:

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 25 Sep 2012 15:33

Alexander Litvinenko

You're underestim8ing a lot. Rivallry between Liverpool & Manchester goes back a lot further than than.

Liverpool has nearly always controlled the supply of raw materials needed by Manchester to thrive, so there have been occasions when Liverpool merchants controlled the destiny of those in Manchester - the prices they set at the port literally meant the difference between food and starvation for the Manchester workers.

It's no coincident that the first effective canal, the first effective railway and the first effective large-scale ship canal in th UK were all built between Liverpool and Manchester, in attempts by Manchester to lessen the effect on their economy of the transport of coal and cotton from Liverpool merchants.

Yes, that's the problem with looking in from the outside I suppose.

Whenever i visit either city these days, Liverpool seems to have that great faded glory feel about it (especially the grand civic buildings) whereas Manchester feels like an affluent, modern and thriving city.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 25 Sep 2012 15:38

Extended-Phenotype
who are ya? If being a kunt worthy of a lifetime ban is joining in a chant, which in the grand scheme of things is not that offensive, to wind up your gr8est rivals then football really is phucked.

What's banter about mocking fans for not bringing up an aircrash in which 23 people died?

:|

How is it worthy of a lengthy banning order?

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 25 Sep 2012 15:47

BR2

You say "imagine what it was like"-are you a young history student by any chance?
From the first line of your post I assume you have cribbed some of the text-normal people don't speak or write like that on a football forum during a Tuesday afternoon. :wink:

Ha! No, very mature (late 30's) Economics Master's student. Trying to finish a thesis while applying for jobs.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 25 Sep 2012 15:54

who are ya?
Extended-Phenotype

:|

How is it worthy of a lengthy banning order?

Zero tolerance to tossers, though admittedly that would empty Old Trafford.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 25 Sep 2012 16:07

Why be a football fan if you have a zero tolerance to tossers :|

8637 posts