LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8640 posts
Duffy

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Duffy » 04 Mar 2019 11:01

Remembering the days when a team had an 8 points lead at the beginning of April, with 6 games to go, and still lost the title race.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Mar 2019 11:29

There he is.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Mar 2019 11:34

Hoop Blah Only 4 wins in 10 since the turn of the year for Liverpool.

That’s pretty poor and they’ve just looked pretty toothless in a lot of those games from what I’ve seen.

I’d make City favourites now, even if Liverpool were the team ahead by a point.

The fixture list doesn’t look much different for City, with only Spurs and United looking tricky.

Newcastle away for City looked a banker didn't it?

Normally a draw away at Man Utd and a draw away at Everton in the same week would be regarded as reasonable returns but this is not a normal season with the top two being so much better than the rest.

Set to go to the wire I reckon and City's depth of squad will be an important factor as their injuries mount up.
A proper race is what the neutrals wanted and they are getting it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Mar 2019 11:54

Victor Meldrew

That’s pretty poor and they’ve just looked pretty toothless in a lot of those games from what I’ve seen.

The fixture list doesn’t look much different for City, with only Spurs and United looking tricky.

Normally a draw away at Man Utd and a draw away at Everton in the same week would be regarded as reasonable returns but this is not a normal season with the top two being so much better than the rest.

Set to go to the wire I reckon and City's depth of squad will be an important factor as their injuries mount up.

Yep - both teams will stop drop points before the season is out - not sure either will lose a game but there may well be a draw or two along the way - City haven't looked great in the past 2 games but got the job done.

Scary thing is, you can see Livepool getting 90 plus points and not winning the league.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Mar 2019 12:54

Stranded
Scary thing is, you can see Livepool getting 90 plus points and not winning the league.

Yep, both sides you'd imagine will get to 90 points, whoever wins - United's 89 in 2011/12 the current record for a second-placed side.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Mar 2019 19:28

Victor Meldrew

Agree, on all fronts. I just think City are looking more in control of things right now and I have more faith in them avoiding anymore unexpected slip ups than I do Liverpool.

It's a great title race though (so far).

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Mar 2019 10:52

On paper Liverpool have the easier run-in, playing six of the current bottom seven. But as you say HB, at the moment City look the more comfortable, and I wouldn't trust Liverpool not to drop further points. Liverpool having five games to play at Anfield, which has become a fortress, helps too. But I'd make City marginal favourites at the moment.

Liverpool are going to get a game ahead of City in a couple of weeks time owing to City's FA Cup QF. City don't play that game in hand until they go to Old Trafford on 24th April, which follows them hosting Spurs. If City are top after the derby (three games to go) they win it, imho - even if Liverpool do finish Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Wolves.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2019 09:57

Watched yesterday's game from the Executive Lounge. Liverpool dominated in very tricky conditions but could have created a bit more (strange thing to say in a 4 goal win I guess)

Not sure that will be nearly enough if refs are going to continue making stuff up as they go along in City's favour mind you

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 11 Mar 2019 10:58

Silver Fox Watched yesterday's game from the Executive Lounge. Liverpool dominated in very tricky conditions but could have created a bit more (strange thing to say in a 4 goal win I guess)

Not sure that will be nearly enough if refs are going to continue making stuff up as they go along in City's favour mind you

"Executive Box"?-I thought you were a man of the people Foxy. :wink:
I expect you were sheltered from the elements but did you have to watch from behind glass or can you now step outside?
On the few occasions when I have watched games from behind glass it felt too much like watching on TV and as if you are not exactly there.

Terrible decision by the officials for the first goal but otherwise Liverpool were back to their energetic selves and still very much in the hunt whereas the media darlings Spurs..............

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 11 Mar 2019 11:14

Victor Meldrew "Executive Box"?-I thought you were a man of the people Foxy. :wink:

He's changed Vic. Was even giving it the "don't you know who I am" to Zammo on the spotted thread.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 11 Mar 2019 11:17

6ft Kerplunk
Victor Meldrew "Executive Box"?-I thought you were a man of the people Foxy. :wink:

He's changed Vic. Was even giving it the "don't you know who I am" to Zammo on the spotted thread.

:D :D

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2019 11:19

:lol:

Not in a box, in one of the hospitality lounges, did go outside for the match of course but those seats were well covered from the elements and the heated seats ensured the cold was kept well at bay

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Mar 2019 15:23

Silver Fox Watched yesterday's game from the Executive Lounge. Liverpool dominated in very tricky conditions but could have created a bit more (strange thing to say in a 4 goal win I guess)

Because Liverpool didn't have the 'rub of the refereeing' at West Ham and Salah hasn't been diving all over the place all season.
You can go on all day about the positive and negative impact of officialdom, but Liverpool have not suffered any more than any other team over the season.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2019 15:25

Franchise FC Salah hasn't been diving all over the place all season.

Correct

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 13 Mar 2019 22:34

That was premier league champion material. Fair pfucks to them, did not expect that.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Mar 2019 23:08

yep, it's about time the thread title got changed to "LOLiverpooLOL 18/19 Champions"

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 14 Mar 2019 00:50

BR0B0T yep, it's about time the thread title got changed to "LOLiverpooLOL 18/19 Champions"

Okay mr salty :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Mar 2019 07:24

BR0B0T yep, it's about time the thread title got changed to "LOLiverpooLOL 18/19 Champions"

Also they haven't played that well in the Premier League for about 3 months now.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Mar 2019 08:56

Old Man Andrews

Also they haven't played that well in the Premier League for about 3 months now.

They didn't really play that well last night either, they just got the job done exceptionally well.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Mar 2019 09:33

Old Man Andrews

err...didn't they win 5-0 recently?

8640 posts