LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8629 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2019 08:21

Franchise FC And why have Liverpool signed Salah’s rather shitter brother. He seems so intent on producing s9mething that he’s gone to pot. Even his contribution to the winner was effectively losing the ball down a blind alley

13 goals 7 assists in 23 games this season. How awful! Salah is a spent force!

So dumb......

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Dec 2019 08:45

Salah definitely got the ball stuck in his feet a lot last night, I wondered if the pitch had any part to play in that or if it was down to Monterrey's dogged defending where they were surrounding him any time he got anywhere near the box. Great resilience from him and the team to finally eke out a chance.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 19 Dec 2019 09:13

Liverpool did seem a bit rusty - might have been trying to play it safe with two games in a week in a desert?

Also, Monterrey a wee bit better than I thought they'd be. Well organised.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Dec 2019 10:16

No Virgil definitely made the defence seem a bit shakier than it has. As much as they've prioritised this over the rumbelows cup I don't think they're going all out and will just hope to avoid any injuries

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Dec 2019 11:19

Silver Fox No Virgil definitely made the defence seem a bit shakier than it has. As much as they've prioritised this over the rumbelows cup I don't think they're going all out and will just hope to avoid any injuries

Agreed, they're rotating for this trip and not playing playings who might not be 100% who probably would start if it was a PL game. Ass to that they're probably playing at 80/90%, and with a makeshift midfield and back four, and Origi, it's always going to produce a bit of an off-form performance isn't it?

The midfield, although all players who could start in a full strength team, aren't a combination that works as well as any that have Henderson, Fabinho or Wjinaldum in it.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Dec 2019 12:47

How good were Liverpool playing away against the team 2nd in the table?
On a night when Mane and Salah were not at their very best they still managed to score 4.
Sanguine can probably tell us but has a team in the top division in England ever had so many points at the halfway stage?

In the year when Reading had that great unbeaten run at the start of the season Man Utd won 12 or 13 but IIRC still would not have had as many points at this stage.

There will be games when they are not quite at it and don't end up scoring a late goal to win but I do feel there is no stopping them and the great thing is that so many neutrals say that they enjoy watching them, in the way that they spoke about Man City in very recent years.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2019 18:39

Victor Meldrew How good were Liverpool playing away against the team 2nd in the table?
On a night when Mane and Salah were not at their very best they still managed to score 4.
Sanguine can probably tell us but has a team in the top division in England ever had so many points at the halfway stage?

In the year when Reading had that great unbeaten run at the start of the season Man Utd won 12 or 13 but IIRC still would not have had as many points at this stage.

There will be games when they are not quite at it and don't end up scoring a late goal to win but I do feel there is no stopping them and the great thing is that so many neutrals say that they enjoy watching them, in the way that they spoke about Man City in very recent years.

Man Utd ‘only’ won 10 at the start of that season.

Can’t imagine anyone having more points at the halfway stage, even when judged against 21 games (i.e. when there were 22 teams in the top division)

They are very clearly the best team, possibly ever, in the top division and are probably going to smash points records - maybe even 106

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Dec 2019 21:09

Franchise FC
Victor Meldrew How good were Liverpool playing away against the team 2nd in the table?

Man Utd ‘only’ won 10 at the start of that season.

Can’t imagine anyone having more points at the halfway stage, even when judged against 21 games (i.e. when there were 22 teams in the top division)

They are very clearly the best team, possibly ever, in the top division and are probably going to smash points records - maybe even 106

They are 100% the best team I've ever seen play football in my lifetime.

Top 5 teams:

Liverpool 19/20
Reading 05/06
Arsenal 97/98
Invincibles
Man United 99

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Dec 2019 21:39

Game, set, match Liverpool.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 21:49

This week was the deciding week for Liverpool, with three tough fixtures in Leicester (A), Wolves (H), and Sheffield United (H) but after the first round of fixtures, that’s surely game, set and match

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2019 21:57

Congratulations Liverpool, you have just received the crown tonight.

Wolves 3 Man Citeh 2

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Dec 2019 22:03

Utd only had 42 points from 18 games

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Dec 2019 22:14

AthleticoSpizz Congratulations Liverpool, you have just received the crown tonight.

Wolves 3 Man Citeh 2

It's 2.years since Liverpool lost a league game to a team outside the top 4. Man City have lost 4 this season and Wolves have done the double over them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2019 22:22

Wolves up to fifth

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Dec 2019 22:46

Just imagine if they bottle it now.

There is no way but the absolute scenes that there will be.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Dec 2019 08:12

Simmops Just imagine if they bottle it now.

They would have to lose at least 5 games IF, and it’s a very big IF either Man City or Leicester win the rest of theirs

Realistically, the two City’s are going to lose at least one more each, meaning Liverpool would have to lose 6, in 20 games. And they’ve lost how many in the last season and a half ?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Dec 2019 10:39

Franchise FC
Simmops Just imagine if they bottle it now.

They would have to lose at least 5 games IF, and it’s a very big IF either Man City or Leicester win the rest of theirs

Realistically, the two City’s are going to lose at least one more each, meaning Liverpool would have to lose 6, in 20 games. And they’ve lost how many in the last season and a half ?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Dec 2019 16:29

I just don't see them losing to anyone outside the top 5 or at home.

They've got City, Spurs and Everton away and Chelsea, Man Utd and Wolves at home. They've already done the double over Leicester.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Dec 2019 17:57

From Despair To Where? I just don't see them losing to anyone outside the top 5 or at home.

They've got City, Spurs and Everton away and Chelsea, Man Utd and Wolves at home. They've already done the double over Leicester.

This second half of the season is going to be extremely difficult for them but then they have players who have the desire to win it and after last season have something to use as a lever.

They’ve signed Minamino who looks a real talent and are reportedly also after Jaden Sancho and James Maddison this or next window but it’s the defensive side where they are having problems and really need strengthening. Fabinho, Matip, Lovren are all expected to be out for another month or so, yet there’s no inclination towards any experienced cover being brought in only the recalling of young defender Nathan Phillips from Stuttgart - so once again It seems they are making things difficult as possible for themselves.

That said this “weakened” team destroyed Leicester away from home so perhaps just having the ability to outscore any opposition will be enough.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Dec 2019 18:30

On track for 110 points

Insane. IN.SANE.

8629 posts