LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8632 posts
Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Whore Jackie » 02 Mar 2020 12:30

3–4 weeks wasn't it? Possibly back for the Athletico return leg.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Mar 2020 07:34

Franchise FC
Simmops
genome Chelsea away tomorrow, which will be interesting. Although Chelsea are practically useless at home.

I have a feeling they will lose. If they do it will blow the title race WIDE open.

I've been asking the Liverpool fans at work if they're feeling nervous yet.

Their response :
Given that Liverpool could lose 7 of the next 10 having only lost 2 in living memory, they're not worried yet.
If they only won 3 more, City would probably need to win ALL their remaining games (depending on goal difference). Difficult to see City winning all their remaining games like last year. If they drop 6 (2 defeats or 3 draws is not inconceivable in 11 games) then a couple of wins is likely more than enough.

Even the more nervous Scousers seem to think it's a done deal now.

Now if they lose at home to Bournemouth ...

City are 22 points behind with 33 to play for. It would require Liverpool to lose more times in the next 2 months than they have in the last 2 years. To put it into context Manchester City are further behind Liverpool than Bolton are from safety in League 1.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Mar 2020 10:05

BR0B0T
Silver Fox
Ascotexgunner No gold PL trophy then for Liverpool for going unbeaten.

Was this actually a thing?

Anyway, a defeat was coming at some point, especially as they’ve not been looking great recently. Henderson out combined with Loren in was bound to be an issue but nobody came out of that with any credit, except for how they carried themselves afterwards. Good that Arsenal fans finally have something to celebrate.

This is what I meant about injuries to key players...how long is Henderson out for?

Another two weeks, touch and go for the Merseyside derby, prob back for the Palace home game on 21st.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Mar 2020 10:14

Milner back tonight apparently, not a perfect replacement but similar

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 03 Mar 2020 12:56

Had to chuckle last night in the pub- bloke (think he's an Arsenal fan ftr) claiming if this virus thing gets worse, then the rest of the football season would be cancelled and Liverpool wouldn't win the title.

Almost worth putting that level of stupidity on Twitter to see how many you could hook.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 03 Mar 2020 13:04

Just read an article on The Guardian that the Premier League is discussing contingency plans regarding playing matches behind closed doors should the threat of coronavirus lead to mass gatherings being banned. Although the PL will continue to be led by government policy on health and will not take any immediate decisions, talks are continuing to ensure the season can be completed.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Mar 2020 14:18

exileinleeds Had to chuckle last night in the pub- bloke (think he's an Arsenal fan ftr) claiming if this virus thing gets worse, then the rest of the football season would be cancelled and Liverpool wouldn't win the title.

Almost worth putting that level of stupidity on Twitter to see how many you could hook.

could happen...games already a/effected* in Italy

*can someone clue me up here...always forget which one to use

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Mar 2020 14:36

BR0B0T
exileinleeds Had to chuckle last night in the pub- bloke (think he's an Arsenal fan ftr) claiming if this virus thing gets worse, then the rest of the football season would be cancelled and Liverpool wouldn't win the title.

Yep, around two weeks of matches postponed so far (albeit Atalanta played at the weekend) - but Serie A discussing playing matches behind closed doors to ensure the backlog doesn't get unmanageable.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Mar 2020 14:39

Sanguine
BR0B0T

Yep, around two weeks of matches postponed so far (albeit Atalanta played at the weekend) - but Serie A discussing playing matches behind closed doors to ensure the backlog doesn't get unmanageable.

If I get it...I'll defo be heading up to Kirkby to give it to the playing staff!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2020 17:35

BR0B0T

affected, ya “spud thick mick”

copyright SLF

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Mar 2020 17:42

AthleticoSpizz
BR0B0T

copyright SLF

that's right...external force acting on something, right!

Can you confirm that...or any of the boards brighter sparks*

(*not you genome, no offence!)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2020 18:32

BR0B0T
AthleticoSpizz
BR0B0T

copyright SLF

that's right...external force acting on something, right!

Can you confirm that...or any of the boards brighter sparks*

(*not you genome, no offence!)

affect is to influence - affect the result of a game
effect is something that happens - special effects, (or being effective, which also could be to have an influnce on something ha ha - I love English, it's mental)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Mar 2020 11:41

they've lost five games in all comps this year...one more than Utd's treble team with 20 games fewer played

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Mar 2020 11:46

BR0B0T they've lost five games in all comps this year...one more than Utd's treble team with 20 games fewer played

Ah yes, the United team that won the league with 79 points, etc etc.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Mar 2020 11:53

BR0B0T they've lost five games in all comps this year...one more than Utd's treble team with 20 games fewer played

Glad you're alright m8, thought the 3 defeats in 4 might have taken a toll on the old ticker/caused you to w@nk yourself into a coma

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Mar 2020 11:54

Sanguine

Much more competitive back then...Utd are fighting for fourth with their current lowest ever prem points

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Mar 2020 11:55

Silver Fox

Glad you're alright m8, thought the 3 defeats in 4 might have taken a toll on the old ticker/caused you to w@nk yourself into a coma

:lol: tbf even I'm surprised that I haven't been talking more shit

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Mar 2020 11:56

BR0B0T
Sanguine

Much more competitive back then...Utd are fighting for fourth with their current lowest ever prem points

etc.

Premier League isn't competitive because Liverpool didn't lose. Last year the CL wasn't competitive because Liverpool did lose a few but still won it.

etc.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Mar 2020 12:06

BR0B0T
Sanguine

If less points are needed to acheive 4th, suggests it is more competitve no? i.e. there are more teams in the division capable of taking points of each other rather than a select group of 5 or 6 where the title is decided just be who loses the least in games between that group.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Mar 2020 12:13

Stranded
BR0B0T
Sanguine

If less points are needed to acheive 4th, suggests it is more competitve no? i.e. there are more teams in the division capable of taking points of each other rather than a select group of 5 or 6 where the title is decided just be who loses the least in games between that group.

prolly correct...meant less competitive at the top. Normally need about 72 points for 4th (iirc)

8632 posts