BR0B0T

Where are you in the league?

7 points clear after just beating Blackburn Rovers

I got you, BR0 :wink:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by South Coast Royal » 28 Oct 2020 11:55

Liverpool (and City) doing their best to give all the others a chance this season by letting so many of their key players get injured. :wink:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 28 Oct 2020 14:19

Hendo
BR0B0T
Simmops Where are you in the league?

7 points clear after just beating Blackburn Rovers

I got you, BR0 :wink:

fist bump fellow fan

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Oct 2020 17:50

might as well get the LOL's in before LFC win 3-1

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 31 Oct 2020 20:54

BR0B0T might as well get the LOL's in before LFC win 3-1

Only 2-1 as they had the standard regular VAR disallowed goal.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Oct 2020 23:02

Shaqiri and Jota show the value of having game changers on the bench. Many (including myself) had written Shaqiri off before this season, he interesting to see if he can play a more prominent role

I mentioned about Origi last week not making the squad, isn’t looking great for him unless he’s injured, with all of Thiago, Keita, Fabinho and Chamberlain out and him still not making it

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Oct 2020 23:33

South Coast Royal

only had it on in the background so didn't see much of it...

Mane takes the defender out with his sliding knee tbf

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Nov 2020 11:00

BR0B0T
South Coast Royal

I can see why it was disallowed but on another day.............................................
Still, who wants Liverpool to be lucky as well as good? :wink:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Nov 2020 12:03

South Coast Royal
BR0B0T
South Coast Royal

I can see why it was disallowed but on another day.............................................
Still, who wants Liverpool to be lucky as well as good? :wink:

I actually turned off after that as I knew it was inevitable

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Nov 2020 09:48

Jota certainly a significant upgrade on Origi - and Klopp has showed already that he is prepared to play him with the front three, not just as a replacement to one of them.

His first goal was rightly disallowed - it's an 'unlucky' foul, but Mane definitely takes out Ogbonna as he stretches for the ball.

They've done well since Van Dijk's injury - four wins from four and only two conceded. Big test this week though against a free-scoring Atalanta (albeit that only have one clean sheet themselves this season), and then City at the weekend.

So many fixtures at the moment - City will be Liverpool's 7th game in 22 days. And after the next international break (where some players will play twice), they play 9 in 29.
Last edited by Sanguine on 02 Nov 2020 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2020 09:56

Sanguine Jota certainly a significant upgrade on Origi - and Klopp has showed already that he is prepared to play him with the front three, not just as a replacement to one of them.

His first goal was rightly disallowed - it's an 'unlucky' foul, but he definitely takes out Ogbonna as he stretches for the ball.

They've done well since Van Dijk's injury - four wins from four and only two conceded. Big test this week though against a free-scoring Atalanta (albeit that only have one clean sheet themselves this season), and then City at the weekend.

So many fixtures at the moment - City will be Liverpool's 7th game in 22 days. And after the next international break (where some players will play twice), they play 9 in 29.

Yeah really rate Jota, quite shocking Wolves let him go for such a relatively cheap price. Almost as if someone in the background would greatly profit from him being sold........

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Nov 2020 12:40

Sanguine Jota certainly a significant upgrade on Origi - and Klopp has showed already that he is prepared to play him with the front three, not just as a replacement to one of them.

His first goal was rightly disallowed - it's an 'unlucky' foul, but Mane definitely takes out Ogbonna as he stretches for the ball.

from looking back to the 90's when Utd didn't win the league it was usually down to losing key players to injuries.

Noticeably it usually took a while for performance to dip after losing the player(s). Not sure if it was the accumulation of injuries or the lack of consistency the top players (Keane, VVD) bring

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Nov 2020 22:56

What a bargain Jota is, very impressive start to his Liverpool career.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2020 23:09

Old Man Andrews What a bargain Jota is, very impressive start to his Liverpool career.

I always thought he was overshadowed last year by Jimenez and Traore but it seems I was mistaken

Very impressive start and arguably should be ahead of Firmino in the pecking order now, will be interesting to see what Klopp does on Sunday against City

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Nov 2020 09:13

Five wins from five and two goals conceded since Van Dijk was injured - through a combination of Fabinho, Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams partnering Calamity Joe Gomez. Obviously Van Dijk remains their best defender, but I wonder if there was a little complacency in Gomez or Trent ('Virg will tidy it up') and a bit more focus now that he isn't there.

Liverpool out-Atalanta'ed their opponents last night, steamrollered them.
Last edited by Sanguine on 04 Nov 2020 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Nov 2020 09:15

Sanguine Five wins from five and two goals conceded since Van Dijk was injured - through a combination of Fabinho, Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams partnering Calamity Joe Gomez. Obviously Van Dijk remains their best defender, but I wonder if there was a little complacency in Gomez or Trent ('Virg will tidy it up') and a bit more focus now that he isn't there.

Sunday will be a big test for them against City, but come through that and things start to look pretty good.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Nov 2020 15:44

Sanguine Five wins from five and two goals conceded since Van Dijk was injured - through a combination of Fabinho, Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams partnering Calamity Joe Gomez. Obviously Van Dijk remains their best defender, but I wonder if there was a little complacency in Gomez or Trent ('Virg will tidy it up') and a bit more focus now that he isn't there.

Nobody else has commented for some reason.
On helluva result away to Atalanta and they were great from the first whistle.

After the weekend they will have already played:-
Man City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Everton
in their first 8 league games so if they are still top then it starts to look good again especially if they don't lose to City.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Nov 2020 15:59

South Coast Royal

Man City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Everton
in their first 8 league games so if they are still top then it starts to look good again especially if they don't lose to City.

And Leicester is game nine, too - after which they have a run of games against the bottom half, mainly.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Nov 2020 21:47

South Coast Royal

Man City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Everton

Reckon it could be out of them, Tottenham and Leicester at this early stage

Obviously Liverpool slight favourites

Just don’t think City are good enough any more and possibly one season too early for Chelsea and Arsenal

Should be an interesting season ahead for sure

8640 posts