LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8627 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Victor Meldrew » 31 Oct 2019 14:50

BR0B0T
Sanguine Obviously cracking draws for Oxford and Colchester, albeit part of me wanted them to draw each other, just to guarantee a smaller club in the semi finals.

FAO of Vic: tap in here m9

Elliott isn't even an adult yet.
It took Ronaldo more than a season to stop doing it so time is on his side.
In the context of the game the penalty made up for the blatant Arsenal offside goal.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 31 Oct 2019 19:29

Scousers are never happier than when they moan.
FFS Don't enter the competition if you can't see out the fixtures.

When they were shite they moaned and now they have started winning a few games their grizzling again!

Get a grip you squeaky voiced irritating bunch of glory hunting twats!

Feel better now i've got that off my chest! :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Nov 2019 19:07

Royality creeps In Scousers are never happier than when they moan.
FFS Don't enter the competition if you can't see out the fixtures.

When they were shite they moaned and now they have started winning a few games their grizzling again!

Get a grip you squeaky voiced irritating bunch of glory hunting twats!

Feel better now i've got that off my chest! :wink:

Yeh, real scousers that Klopp and Guardiola, who BOTH were complaining about fixture pile-ups.
The fans aren't complaining with both clubs celebrating being the two best teams in the country by miles and would love to see them play every day of the week.
Not sure where you got your story from-was it a Man Utd fanzine?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 01 Nov 2019 19:31

Tell me Vic. Are you a Scouser or an Armchair supporter?

I know a few Liverpool fans and the nearest they have been to Anfield is Liverpool Street Station.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 02 Nov 2019 16:59

Wow. They just keep doing it don't they.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Nov 2019 20:49

Royality creeps In Tell me Vic. Are you a Scouser or an Armchair supporter?

I know a few Liverpool fans and the nearest they have been to Anfield is Liverpool Street Station.

When I lived in Reading 50 years ago I did go to Liverpool Street once or twice. :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Nov 2019 20:50

The Enfield Royal71 Wow. They just keep doing it don't they.

Just like Fergie's successful teams-it's what potential champions do.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Nov 2019 20:55

Win next week and the title is theirs. 100%. Good that Fabinho can come back in next week for them, however surprised that Klopp rested him because Villa are also a decent side. However, by all accounts, Lallana played well (ignoring the retard fans who slate him, Wijnaldum and Henderson at any opportunity)

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 03 Nov 2019 07:10

I don't think is it theirs by any means. Man City are always dangerous. I think Liverpool always have the ability to falter and xmas will be a real test for them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Nov 2019 15:07

URZZZZ Win next week and the title is theirs. 100%. Good that Fabinho can come back in next week for them, however surprised that Klopp rested him because Villa are also a decent side. However, by all accounts, Lallana played well (ignoring the retard fans who slate him, Wijnaldum and Henderson at any opportunity)

Win next week and it puts them in poll position but didn't they have a 9 point lead last season that they lost? At the moment, City know that if they do the double over Liverpool then they will just have to match them point for point and the title will be theirs - assuming GD doesn't swing. A Liverpool win means City will have to play catch up.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Nov 2019 18:46

Stranded
URZZZZ Win next week and the title is theirs. 100%. Good that Fabinho can come back in next week for them, however surprised that Klopp rested him because Villa are also a decent side. However, by all accounts, Lallana played well (ignoring the retard fans who slate him, Wijnaldum and Henderson at any opportunity)

Win next week and it puts them in poll position but didn't they have a 9 point lead last season that they lost? At the moment, City know that if they do the double over Liverpool then they will just have to match them point for point and the title will be theirs - assuming GD doesn't swing. A Liverpool win means City will have to play catch up.

Think it was 8 but yeah, point still stands. Not sure how long Laporte is out for but City have a tough run of games now (including Liverpool) and I’m not sure how many they will win with just Otamendi and Stones. If they can get a point at Anfield, win pretty much the rest till January, then buy a new centre half, then beat Liverpool at the Etihad, I think they can do it

I think if you offer City fans a point on Sunday, they take it

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Nov 2019 08:16

Man City will win at Anfield.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Nov 2019 09:47

Will obviously be a very tight game. If City win it will be Liverpool's first league defeat at Anfield in 45 games, dating back to April 2017. They'd also stop Liverpool two short of their unbeaten run of 30 games, which is the third best in top flight history (Chelsea 40, Arsenal 49) - Liverpool's last defeat being at the Etihad last season.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Nov 2019 10:24

Accepting all the "getting results when playing badly / playing until the bitter end" plaudits I still think Liverpool are there for the taking .

Mane is carrying the front 3 at the moment , Salah is clearly not right (probably still carrying an injury) and Firmino's game is suffering a little as a consequence. Teams are just not being stretched in the same way as when they're in full flow.

Defensively as good as Van Dijk is, he's not quite as imperious alongside Lovren as he is Matip (or early last season's Gomes). Sterling could have a field day exploiting the space behind Alexander-Arnold with Lovren lumbering over as cover. Got to think Klopp will seriously consider Gomes starting even if he's not in the best of form himself.

Midfield is always interesting with the contrast of Liverpool's industry and City's technique.

Pep has on a couple of occasions made allowances to try and nullify Liverpool by being a little more cautious but I feel if he were to play as City would any other opposition they'll edge it.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Nov 2019 12:07

Vision Accepting all the "getting results when playing badly / playing until the bitter end" plaudits I still think Liverpool are there for the taking .

Mane is carrying the front 3 at the moment , Salah is clearly not right (probably still carrying an injury) and Firmino's game is suffering a little as a consequence. Teams are just not being stretched in the same way as when they're in full flow.

Defensively as good as Van Dijk is, he's not quite as imperious alongside Lovren as he is Matip (or early last season's Gomes). Sterling could have a field day exploiting the space behind Alexander-Arnold with Lovren lumbering over as cover. Got to think Klopp will seriously consider Gomes starting even if he's not in the best of form himself.

Midfield is always interesting with the contrast of Liverpool's industry and City's technique.

Pep has on a couple of occasions made allowances to try and nullify Liverpool by being a little more cautious but I feel if he were to play as City would any other opposition they'll edge it.

I agree on the analysis of Liverpool's current form and potential weaknesses at the back, especially the potential for Sterling to exploit that partnership of Alexander-Arnold and Lovren (if he plays). I can imagine Alexander-Arnold being told to be little more defensive and he has that in his locker too (see his performance against Sane in the same fixture last season, or the season before).

I'm not sure I'd go along with Firmino being that out of sorts though.

Equally though the City defence have looked pretty porous this season and I can see Liverpools front three running them ragged.

It's set up for a cracking game.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 05 Nov 2019 12:26

You could argue that Matip is a big a loss to Liverpool, as Laporte is to City. He was their stand-out defensive player in their CL run last season, and as great as Van Dijk is, he's a far better player alongside him rather than Lovren. The Gomez of a season and a bit ago would be better cover, and also offer the bringing-the-ball-out-of-defence that Matip does to such great effect.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Nov 2019 16:45

Liverpool's Carabao Cup quarter-final to take place on December 17, one day before their Club World Cup semi-final. As per Sky Sports.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Nov 2019 19:50

Old Man Andrews Man City will win at Anfield.

You didn't say in which decade.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Nov 2019 21:54

It's hard to work out who's worse out of Fred and Keita. Combined fee of over 100 million! Both really poor

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Nov 2019 12:52

Hendo Liverpool's Carabao Cup quarter-final to take place on December 17, one day before their Club World Cup semi-final. As per Sky Sports.

Yep - Klopp set to play the kids in the domestic cup game, having assured the EFL that his team will be broadly in line with that in previous rounds, with the first-team squad going to the Club World Cup semi, less the likes of (maybe) Milner and Keita, who will play at Villa and then fly over for the second CWC game.

8627 posts