Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Simmops » 16 Dec 2020 21:44

Liverpool and spurs have put a good game on

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Dec 2020 21:52

Just saw the winner, cracking header from Firmino.
What's most remarkable about Liverpool's now 66-game unbeaten home run is that they win most of them too. Only 11 draws in there, and they've won 31 of the last 32 at home.

I thought Spurs were disappointing in the first half (watched Reading in the second). No-one expected different from Mourinho at Anfield, of course, but there is so much talent in their front six they seem almost wasted playing that way.

A word on Southampton - 24 points from 13 games, it took them 21 games to reach that mark last season. Since they lost 2-0 to Arsenal last season they have lost just three of 20 games.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Dec 2020 22:29

Sanguine Just saw the winner, cracking header from Firmino.
What's most remarkable about Liverpool's now 66-game unbeaten home run is that they win most of them too. Only 11 draws in there, and they've won 31 of the last 32 at home.

I thought Spurs were disappointing in the first half (watched Reading in the second). No-one expected different from Mourinho at Anfield, of course, but there is so much talent in their front six they seem almost wasted playing that way.

A word on Southampton - 24 points from 13 games, it took them 21 games to reach that mark last season. Since they lost 2-0 to Arsenal last season they have lost just three of 20 games.

Mental that it's only just over a year since they lost 0-9 to Leicester. Good on them for sticking with Hasenhuttl, done a cracking job.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Dec 2020 08:26

Pepe the Horseman

Mental that it's only just over a year since they lost 0-9 to Leicester. Good on them for sticking with Hasenhuttl, done a cracking job.

And with no real change in personnel either. Walker-Peters has been a good signing and Walcott has rediscovered some of his zest but they also lost Hojberg to Spurs. Otherwise it's the same players.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2020 09:00

Commentater’s curse last night for Tim Sherwood

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/sta ... 12226.html

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Dec 2020 10:20

There may be talent in the front 6, but IMO they have a real lack of quality in their defence

None of Dier, Aurier, Sanchez or Davies are particularly great, 3 of which were starters last night, you’ve got to leave them a fair bit of protection to have a chance of getting something, particularly against the top 6

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Dec 2020 10:34

Mourinho proving to be as crazy as Boris Johnson and Trump.

"The best team lost" were his words of wisdom last night when the stats show:-
Shots on Target -Liverpool 11 Spurs 1
Corners-Liverpool 7 Spurs 4
Possession-Liverpool 76% Spurs 24%
Goals scored-Liverpool 2 Spurs 1

This is why Mourinho remains so unpopular with English football fans-he is such an ungracious loser and there really is no need.

Liverpool's next 3 are Palace, West Brom and Newcastle-9 points?
If so, they might start to pull clear but being sport football is never as predictable as that.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Dec 2020 10:54

Of those three, Palace away might be the toughy. Benteke in decent form. Rhys Williams was brilliant up against Harry Kane last night, he'll have an equally tough task against Benteke, if Matip still isn't fit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Dec 2020 11:51

Sanguine Of those three, Palace away might be the toughy. Benteke in decent form. Rhys Williams was brilliant up against Harry Kane last night, he'll have an equally tough task against Benteke, if Matip still isn't fit.

I can assure you 100% that Williams won’t have a tough task against Benteke!
Last edited by URZZZZ on 17 Dec 2020 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2020 13:24

URZZZZ
Sanguine Of those three, Palace away might be the toughy. Benteke in decent form. Rhys Williams was brilliant up against Harry Kane last night, he'll have an equally tough task against Benteke, if Matip still isn't fit.

Benteke blows very hot and cold. I’d presume he’d be more than up for a game v Liverpool given he’s an ex player of theirs though.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 17 Dec 2020 13:25

Benteke will miss the Liverpool match though won't he, with last night's double-yellow red card?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2020 13:29

Whore Jackie Benteke will miss the Liverpool match though won't he, with last night's double-yellow red card?

Didnt know he was sent off :oops: well that certainly makes things a little different for both clubs then.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Dec 2020 15:42

Yeah I'd missed that too!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Dec 2020 15:08

Not a bad performance that

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Dec 2020 17:27

Silver Fox Not a bad performance that

I think it was the second Salah strike that killed Palace off :wink:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 19 Dec 2020 20:04

Franchise FC

:D :D
A real lesson in how to finish.
Interestingly, despite that aberration against Villa, Liverpool now have the best goal difference and obvs the most points.

Missing VVD?
Yes but others have stepped up and I thought Henderson was different class today.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2020 09:43

South Coast Royal
Franchise FC

:D :D
A real lesson in how to finish.
Interestingly, despite that aberration against Villa, Liverpool now have the best goal difference and obvs the most points.

Missing VVD?
Yes but others have stepped up and I thought Henderson was different class today.

Doesn’t look like it does but but obviously they must miss him. For the first 30 minutes or so Palace were causing problems for a Liverpool defence that looked all at sea, it was only Liverpool’s clinical forward line that killed Palace’s morale and made it more comfortable.

They won’t, but Liverpool should really make a move in January for a central defender to give a touch more depth and confidence at the back and give the option of Fabinho in midfield.

Going to be interesting when Liverpool go back to Villa in the cup, usually you’d expect a young/reserve side but wonder if Klopp will elect for something a bit stronger to try and erase that earlier aberration and prove it was just one of those bad days at the office.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Dec 2020 10:12

Started watching their game yesterday and it was a bit of a weird one. At 0-1 Palace had 2 or 3 really good chances to get back into the game and it looked like they were going to go on and get something from it, but my god Liverpool were clinical going forward, didn’t bother watching it after the 3rd went in as it was totally game over.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Dec 2020 23:37

Let's be honest the PL is now a one team title race. No matter how many time Sky and the BBC tell me it's an open title race it isn't. City are piss poor by their standard, Spurs are still Spurs, Lampards Chelsea are huffng and puffing and believing their own hype, United are charging through and will fizzle out shortly when their under real pressure, and I have no idea where Arsenal are. They seem to have vanished off the league table. It really is a rubbish league.
Plus we all know who the bottom 3 are already.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Dec 2020 18:30

GTFI...genuinely thought that'd be you away and never caught

8640 posts