by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Jan 2020 20:44

erm, Chelsea?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2020 23:37

AthleticoSpizz erm Chelsea?

Leeds?
Anyone hazard a guess who leon might think of?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jan 2020 08:06

If Liverpool get past 106 in a 38 game season then it will be hard to be anything but impressed.

Liverpool need just 10 wins from their last 16 games. When you've won 21 of 22 this season, it's hard to see how they won't tick those off with games to spare.

If both City and Liverpool win all their games up to then, then on 4th April - Liverpool can win the title if they win at City.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Jan 2020 09:26

Franchise FC
BR0B0T When United beat them tomorrow it will shatter the fragile scouse mentality, they will choke and come second

Either that or I'll be booking a holiday mid-March (going bt Franchise's prediction)

14th March - Merseyside derby
Absolute latest 4th April at the Etihad

This season has gone so perfectly for Liverpool that it seems almost inevitable that they will win the title either at Goodison Park or the Etihad. The former will be some going though - it is game 30, so they'd need to be 25 points clear after that game. They play their game in hand next midweek so they'd need to win that (at West Ham) and then gain six more points on City over the next seven.

Etihad looks most likely - game 32, so they'd need to be 19 points clear after that one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2020 09:48

If I were a Liverpool fan, that draw away at United would be really annoying me right now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jan 2020 09:54

I hate Liverpool but massively like Klopp as a manager. I am very happy for him.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Jan 2020 09:59

genome If I were a Liverpool fan, that draw away at United would be really annoying me right now.

Tbf it's not like they lost the lead late on, was so nearly a defeat - but yeah, had they won that game they'd be on a slightly ridiculous 31 consecutive wins. :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Jan 2020 10:03

Sanguine
genome If I were a Liverpool fan, that draw away at United would be really annoying me right now.

Tbf it's not like they lost the lead late on, was so nearly a defeat - but yeah, had they won that game they'd be on a slightly ridiculous 31 consecutive wins. :lol:

I was getting a bit worried that one of United's players was actually going to get an equaliser off his arse yesterday, not because it would make any difference to the league, but because there'd have been never-ending Brobot takes of "well, they won 36 games but they couldn't beat us"

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Jan 2020 10:05

Silver Fox
Sanguine

I was getting a bit worried that one of United's players was actually going to get an equaliser off his arse yesterday, not because it would make any difference to the league, but because there'd have been never-ending Brobot takes of "well, they won 36 games but they couldn't beat us"

Indeed. I said to the missus that the game had 1-1 written all over it.
Martial might have been better off using his arse than that right foot he blazed over the bar.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Jan 2020 10:14

Much made of Liverpool's ability to get late winners, or in the case of the United game, a late draw, or to come back from a goal behind - since the start of the 18/19 season, Liverpool have not conceded two consecutive goals in a game, i.e. every time the opposition has scored, Liverpool have scored the next goal. They are impossible to put away.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Jan 2020 10:21

Which one ?
The one this season which has cost them a perfect start or the one last season which cost them the title?
The one last season was odd. United were struggling before the game with injuries, lost another couple during the game and Rashford played more than half the game on one leg. Yet Liverpool looked ok with the draw.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Jan 2020 10:27

Sanguine
Silver Fox
Sanguine

Indeed. I said to the missus that the game had 1-1 written all over it.
Martial might have been better off using his arse than that right foot he blazed over the bar.

That was a golden opportunity and I was surprised he missed it, you wouldn't really have wanted that to fall to anyone else.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Jan 2020 10:29

This run is a statistician's dream of course. Here's another one - Van Dijk and Gomez have started 17 games alongside each other in central defence, in which Liverpool have conceded just five goals, and never more than one in a game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jan 2020 10:32

Sanguine This run is a statistician's dream of course. Here's another one - Van Dijk and Gomez have started 17 games alongside each other in central defence, in which Liverpool have conceded just five goals, and never more than one in a game.

I’m presuming this is league only because IIRC they conceded 3 to Salzburg with these two centre half

Incredible record either way and quite staggering that Maguire was worth more than Van Dijk, streets apart in ability

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Jan 2020 10:35

URZZZZ
Sanguine This run is a statistician's dream of course. Here's another one - Van Dijk and Gomez have started 17 games alongside each other in central defence, in which Liverpool have conceded just five goals, and never more than one in a game.

I’m presuming this is league only because IIRC they conceded 3 to Salzburg with these two centre half

Incredible record either way and quite staggering that Maguire was worth more than Van Dijk, streets apart in ability

yes, league only.

What marks out Liverpool's pairing is their pace. Matip is no slouch either. It's important not just for defending but for covering the forward runs of the full-backs.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jan 2020 10:38

Sanguine
URZZZZ

yes, league only.

What marks out Liverpool's pairing is their pace. Matip is no slouch either. It's important not just for defending but for covering the forward runs of the full-backs.

Agree and it’s probably why we’re seeing Lovren phased out (although I think he’s injured at the moment). I’ve never got the hate for him, I think on the whole he’s a decent defender but with three good defenders ahead of him too

Thursday night will be a big challenge for Liverpool but we’ve seen them get through it time and time again already

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Jan 2020 10:49

Silver Fox
Sanguine

Just so we're clear, SF is 100% correct!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Jan 2020 18:24

Just seen that Sky are running a poll on the greatest PL team.

A couple of things :

1. The season isn’t over, so why not wait to see where this Liverpool team end up (not the position they finish, but the distance by which they win it)
2. If they continue as they are they’ll not only be the best PL side, but the best that have ever graced the top flight

Don’t know why I let Sky wind me up :roll:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Jan 2020 18:33

And just seen the current poll which puts Man Utd 1999 above Arsenal’s Invincibles and Man City’s Centurions.
Why have I wasted my time on this

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Jan 2020 00:35

Franchise FC And just seen the current poll which puts Man Utd 1999 above Arsenal’s Invincibles and Man City’s Centurions.
Why have I wasted my time on this

It's the same as the best Championship team one, when Sky claimed it was Wolves in 17/18. Completely clueless

8632 posts