LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8628 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Sanguine » 03 Jul 2020 09:56

Simmops
Sanguine Don't know what sort of contract Donnarumma has at Milan, but I'm surprised his name doesn't come up more. Fiorentina's Alban Lafont too - who would surely be France's keeper by now if he didn't have Areola in the way.

Edit: just read Lafont has had a slightly dodgy time of it in the last year.

But yeah, Donnarumma - 21 years old, already has 16 Italy caps and has been first choice at Milan for four years. He'll pass 200 club appearances soon (193), and doesn't turn 22 until February.

oxf*rd hell if he keeps that up for 16 years which is very conceivable looking at Buffon at 40+, he will be well over 1000 games

Yep, as a comparison Buffon was around 50 appearances behind at this stage of his career, having established himself as Juve's first choice just before he turned 19, whereas Donnarumma was a year and a bit earlier. He'll need Milan to get better though if he is really going to rack the appearances up - he has played just one season so far in European competition. They are only just hanging on to a Europa League qualifying round spot at the moment, by a point.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2020 11:25

Sanguine
Simmops
Sanguine Don't know what sort of contract Donnarumma has at Milan, but I'm surprised his name doesn't come up more. Fiorentina's Alban Lafont too - who would surely be France's keeper by now if he didn't have Areola in the way.

Edit: just read Lafont has had a slightly dodgy time of it in the last year.

But yeah, Donnarumma - 21 years old, already has 16 Italy caps and has been first choice at Milan for four years. He'll pass 200 club appearances soon (193), and doesn't turn 22 until February.

oxf*rd hell if he keeps that up for 16 years which is very conceivable looking at Buffon at 40+, he will be well over 1000 games

Yep, as a comparison Buffon was around 50 appearances behind at this stage of his career, having established himself as Juve's first choice just before he turned 19, whereas Donnarumma was a year and a bit earlier. He'll need Milan to get better though if he is really going to rack the appearances up - he has played just one season so far in European competition. They are only just hanging on to a Europa League qualifying round spot at the moment, by a point.

He already tried to leave them once a couple of years ago, supporters turned on him. Can't see him being there more than another season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jul 2020 22:16

I hope those Liverpool fans who abuse Henderson on a weekly basis feel embarrassed now! Can see what they’re missing with him being out, Keita and Chamberlain don’t offer anywhere near the same as Henderson does

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 15 Jul 2020 22:41

They’re not gonna reach 100 points now, let alone our 106.

Rubbish.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 Jul 2020 16:10

URZZZZ I hope those Liverpool fans who abuse Henderson on a weekly basis feel embarrassed now! Can see what they’re missing with him being out, Keita and Chamberlain don’t offer anywhere near the same as Henderson does

Not sure they do, it was always England fans rather than Liverpool fans.

Henderson is a real driving force these days and a key player for the Champions.

BTW is there still a Footballer of the Year award?
If so, I would think that Mane must be in with a shout.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 16 Jul 2020 17:27

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ I hope those Liverpool fans who abuse Henderson on a weekly basis feel embarrassed now! Can see what they’re missing with him being out, Keita and Chamberlain don’t offer anywhere near the same as Henderson does

Henderson is a real driving force these days and a key player for the Champions.

'greed re Mane

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jul 2020 21:41

BR0B0T
South Coast Royal

'greed re Mane

He's an awful footballer.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jul 2020 21:54

Mane should get hairline of the year

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jul 2020 22:35

Simmops
BR0B0T
South Coast Royal

'greed re Mane

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jul 2020 22:41

Hendo
Simmops
BR0B0T
'greed re Mane

Why are people responding? I don't get it. Cut his oxygen and he goes away or has a breakdown like he did today. Either way we win.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jul 2020 23:00

Hendo
Simmops
BR0B0T
'greed re Mane

I like Lilo and stitch tbf, gr8 film :lol:
Last edited by Simmops on 16 Jul 2020 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jul 2020 23:02

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Simmops He's an awful footballer.

Why are people responding? I don't get it. Cut his oxygen and he goes away or has a breakdown like he did today. Either way we win.

Yes I had such a massive breakdown today. I went absolutely off the rails big time. Put me into Broadmoor :|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 21:38

An empty stadium trophy lift is exactly what the Liverpool supporters deserve. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jul 2020 07:48

Old Man Andrews An empty stadium trophy lift is exactly what the Leeds supporters deserve. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Jul 2020 08:13

Silver Fox
Old Man Andrews An empty stadium trophy lift is exactly what the Leeds supporters deserve. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Ha. Well played sir.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 23 Jul 2020 09:29

both a shower of pcunts

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Sep 2020 10:57

After Liverpool's excellent start I thought it worthwhile to drag this topic back out into the open after a break of a couple of months.

So the mighty reds go marching on with Arsenal made to look like a lower level side last night, Liverpool were so much on top.

Two things from the game-Mane looked like a man possessed right from the off, almost seemingly looking for a fight, and may be a bit fortunate to get away with just a yellow for his arm/elbow on the Arsenal defender.
It was early in the game which often affects referees' decisions ( but shouldn't) and Liverpool, being the big club :wink: , got away with it.

The other thing was Klopp's interview.
What I found fascinating was his view that the risk of being exposed at the back by playing a really high press is worth it-vindicated perhaps by Arsenal having just 2 chances in the whole game.

Last season people expected them to run out of steam but it didn't really happen until the title was won and this season it looks as though they now have the numbers to keep up the the high octane approach to every game.

Exciting times and every chance that they will put to bed the dreadful Man Utd 20 times chant by the end of this season as long as Alisson, Trent, Robertson, Van Dyke, Henderson, Fabinho, Tiago, Wijnaldum, Mane, Firmino and Salah aren't all injured for long periods at the same time.,

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2020 11:00

Based upon the first few games of the season it is Liverpool's title to lose, they are a level above. Man City losing Aguero for a while will cost them points as will their right and left backs, Chelsea look very shaky at the back and United are United. The only team I have seen play like genuine contenders are Leicester, expect them fall off though as the season drags on.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Sep 2020 11:02

Everton have been the team I have been impressed with the most so far. Ancellotti is a winner, and James and Allan look excellent buys that they've been missing. Calvert-lewin has come into his own as a poacher of goals and a 6 yard box goalscorer like Inzaghi. I don't think they will last the whole distance but would be great is they can challenge

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2020 11:14

Yes Everton also have been good. Everton are Everton though, they will probably always be the nearly men and happy with finishing 6th.

8628 posts