Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by LUX » 28 Feb 2017 09:24

you are they

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Feb 2017 09:49

No Fixed Abode I wanted Leicester to win last night against Liverpool. Who wouldn't!

Erm, Liverpool fans?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 28 Feb 2017 09:54

genome
No Fixed Abode I wanted Leicester to win last night against Liverpool. Who wouldn't!

Erm, Liverpool fans?

Obvs. But I was referring to neutrals.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Feb 2017 09:55

No Fixed Abode
genome

Erm, Liverpool fans?

I actually saw a fair few comments from neutrals on Twitter hoping Leicester lost, after the way they treated Ranieri.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 28 Feb 2017 09:58

genome
No Fixed Abode
genome
Erm, Liverpool fans?

I actually saw a fair few comments from neutrals on Twitter hoping Leicester lost, after the way they treated Ranieri.

Yeah, perhaps understandable at this early stage but this is Liverpool we're talking about.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Feb 2017 10:02

Klopp Out is trending in Liverpool, what do you think? Reasonable or MeLOLtdown?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 28 Feb 2017 10:37

genome Klopp Out is trending in Liverpool, what do you think? Reasonable or MeLOLtdown?

He now has a worse record than Brendan.
He's had a head start on the likes of Conte and Guardiola and Mourinho to shape his squad/work with his players. So I can see why they might be a little aggrieved. Top 4 is a realistic prospect though as they're out of all other competitions and have the least games to play out of anyone vying for the top 6.

Still too early to be calling for his head.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 28 Feb 2017 11:01

Their next 4 fixtures are Arsenal, Burnley, Man City, Everton.

oof!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 28 Feb 2017 11:15

Winston Smith Their next 4 fixtures are Arsenal, Burnley, Man City, Everton.

oof!

Can see them beating Arsenal.
Can see them beating Burnley.
Not sure about the City game as it's away.
Can see them beating Everton.

I'd say they'll struggle more when they play

Stoke away
WBA away
Watford away

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Feb 2017 11:18

Liverpool's form really has fallen off the proverbial cliff over the last few months.

How a team of that standing, and with the investment they've had, can be playing Lucas at centre half I don't know.

I watched a fair bit of last nights game and as good as Leicester were, Liverpool really were awful. Not even a shaddow of the team they were before Christmas when the likes of Coutinho and Lallana were tearing teams apart.

Far too early for Klopp to be under pressure but he really does need to live up to his reputation over the next month or so.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Feb 2017 13:12

oof!

It's only Burnley that they will worry about.
It is just amazing that a team can be so good against it's fellow top sixers and so bad against the minnows.
They are the reverse of flat track bullies and an anomaly in European football.
Whoever saw them beat Spurs so easily last week must find it incredible that they were so bad last night.

The missing factor IMHO is Henderson.
When Liverpool signed him I thought we was just the typical English hard-working midfielder with little flair.
Now I think he is as crucial to Liverpool as are Silva at City or Kante at Chelsea-he drives the team on in a Gerrard type way and his passing has improved incredibly to make him almost the complete all-rounder and , if he stays fit, could be a fixture in the England side.

It does seem as though teams now need an MVP-Kane at Spurs, Sanchez at Arsenal and without them these teams don't seem capable of doing the business.
Chelsea are top because they have more than just Kante, they have Hazard and Costa.
City are next best because they have Aguero, Silva and the much improved Sterling
But the next 4 have just Kane, Sanchez, Henderson and Ibrahimovic and not the two or three others that would make their teams contenders for the top prize.

Coming back to Liverpool I think they need an orthodox type of left-winger as well as another centre-back and maybe another two or three for depth before they can challenge for the top spot.
Probably the most entertaining side in England on their day but, at the moment, lacking the physical strength to be champions-I think it is more physical than mental.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 28 Feb 2017 14:37

LUX you are they

and we are all together?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 28 Feb 2017 14:38

LUX I lived there for four years, plus I loved what they did last season. Those of us who were there will also fondly remember how they treated us in March 2006 at our promotion party.

Yeah, for both reasons, but the thing in bold stands out - very magnanimous

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Feb 2017 15:52

Hoop Blah Liverpool's form really has fallen off the proverbial cliff over the last few months.

How a team of that standing, and with the investment they've had, can be playing Lucas at centre half I don't know.

I watched a fair bit of last nights game and as good as Leicester were, Liverpool really were awful. Not even a shaddow of the team they were before Christmas when the likes of Coutinho and Lallana were tearing teams apart.

Far too early for Klopp to be under pressure but he really does need to live up to his reputation over the next month or so.

Agreed.

I know managers can simply get to a point with players that they just don't trust them - but it's difficult to believe Lucas is a better option than the loaned-out Sakho. He has Joe Gomez in reserve too, who is a centre-back turned full-back.

Biggest missing piece last night was Firmino. He could barely control the ball.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Feb 2017 16:06

Liverpool as a whole were just too slow with their approach play. There were numerous cases where a quick one-two would've opened Leicester up, or a through ball was on but it wasn't spotted. Instead, they'd turn and go sideways. Milner especially. It was too easy for Leicester to defend.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Mar 2017 13:04

stealthpapes
LUX I lived there for four years, plus I loved what they did last season. Those of us who were there will also fondly remember how they treated us in March 2006 at our promotion party.

Yeah, for both reasons, but the thing in bold stands out - very magnanimous

Yeah they were pretty fab to us that day. Club and fans tbf

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Mar 2017 14:38

:lol:

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 01 Mar 2017 15:48

BR2

oof!

It's only Burnley that they will worry about.
It is just amazing that a team can be so good against it's fellow top sixers and so bad against the minnows.
They are the reverse of flat track bullies and an anomaly in European football.
Whoever saw them beat Spurs so easily last week must find it incredible that they were so bad last night.

The missing factor IMHO is Henderson.
When Liverpool signed him I thought we was just the typical English hard-working midfielder with little flair.
Now I think he is as crucial to Liverpool as are Silva at City or Kante at Chelsea-he drives the team on in a Gerrard type way and his passing has improved incredibly to make him almost the complete all-rounder and , if he stays fit, could be a fixture in the England side.

It does seem as though teams now need an MVP-Kane at Spurs, Sanchez at Arsenal and without them these teams don't seem capable of doing the business.
Chelsea are top because they have more than just Kante, they have Hazard and Costa.
City are next best because they have Aguero, Silva and the much improved Sterling
But the next 4 have just Kane, Sanchez, Henderson and Ibrahimovic and not the two or three others that would make their teams contenders for the top prize.

Coming back to Liverpool I think they need an orthodox type of left-winger as well as another centre-back and maybe another two or three for depth before they can challenge for the top spot.
Probably the most entertaining side in England on their day but, at the moment, lacking the physical strength to be champions-I think it is more physical than mental.

I think any other team in top six would love to have Spurs' back four of Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Rose.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Mar 2017 16:24

Barring Chelsea.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Mar 2017 17:07

:lol:

8640 posts