LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8632 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Stranded » 08 May 2019 10:54

tulip Liverpool made Barcelona look very ordinary last night and I always enjoy watching superstars (Messi) getting beaten. What has happened to Spanish football btw. ?

Not a lot - they've had 2 clubs in the semi finals this year and both the Madrid clubs are current holders of the European trophies. Didn't realise that Spanish clubs have won 9 of the last 15 UEFA/Europa League finals as well as 7/10 Champions Leagues.

Valencia can still make the Europa League final given Arsenal's away form this year.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 May 2019 12:09

BR0B0T Fair play!

I think I know how much it hurt to post that so good on you.
As somebody else has already said, games like that are why we love sport.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 May 2019 12:26

Winston Biscuit
Sanguine Liverpool's winner was brilliant. Actually, if TAA just noted Barcelona were snoozing and Origi's position, then it was brilliant. If that was a deliberate fake as he walked away, it's quite extraordinary.

TAA and Klopp afterwards both seemed to suggest it was just a spur of the moment thing as he spotted them all walking away

That's how I saw it, and I thought they'd confirmed it after but it was all a bit confusing in the emotion of the post match stuff.

It's a bit similar to the fake corners we saw 10 or so years ago where people were spoofing the taking of the corner and then walking away to let some dribble off with the ball whilst the defenders dithered around (I think Giggs and someone at United did it).

Amazing performance by Liverpool, over the two legs too, not just last night. Keeping a clean sheet last night was the real shock for me,

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 08 May 2019 12:33

Brilliant piece of business swapping Coutinho for Alisson and van Dijk. Kudos to Klopp, it's absolutely transformed the team. And the impact those two have had on Robertson and Matip, in particular, is staggering.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 May 2019 12:45

Even better than the fact that Liverpool's brilliant full-backs cost a combined £8m (Robertson's fee from Hull) is that in the same window that Robertson was signed, Kevin Stewart went from Liverpool to Hull for £4m, rising to £8m if they get promoted during his time at the club.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2019 12:50

Hoop Blah
Winston Biscuit
Sanguine Liverpool's winner was brilliant. Actually, if TAA just noted Barcelona were snoozing and Origi's position, then it was brilliant. If that was a deliberate fake as he walked away, it's quite extraordinary.

TAA and Klopp afterwards both seemed to suggest it was just a spur of the moment thing as he spotted them all walking away

That's how I saw it, and I thought they'd confirmed it after but it was all a bit confusing in the emotion of the post match stuff.

It's a bit similar to the fake corners we saw 10 or so years ago where people were spoofing the taking of the corner and then walking away to let some dribble off with the ball whilst the defenders dithered around (I think Giggs and someone at United did it).

Amazing performance by Liverpool, over the two legs too, not just last night. Keeping a clean sheet last night was the real shock for me,

Didn't way use to love a good fake corner esp. during the 106 season. Have vague memories of ball boy puts ball down, Murty or someone just knocks it forward, Little jogs over as if to take the corner but instead picks up ball and runs toward the box whilst the defence are dithering.

Didn't the EFL make a change to the rules to try and negate what was, wrongly in my mind, seen as an unfair advantage with the ballboy quickly putting the ball in the right spot?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 May 2019 12:51

Stat pulled out by the Guardian that illustrates how Barcelona struggled to defend their lead - or lacked the tactical nous to. The front three of Messi, Suarez and Coutinho record just two interceptions between them, and not a single tackle.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 May 2019 12:52

I remember the ball boy putting it down and Little not breaking stride from running up to the corner and taking it. Another manager complained (Warnock?) and they stopped it

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 May 2019 12:53

Sanguine Stat pulled out by the Guardian that illustrates how Barcelona struggled to defend their lead - or lacked the tactical nous to. The front three of Messi, Suarez and Coutinho record just two interceptions between them, and not a single tackle.

And that's exactly why both Liverpool and City have been so good this season. They both start defending from the front and win the ball back as early as possible. It means that they have less actual defending to do - although, when they do, they do that pretty well, as well.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 08 May 2019 13:06

Winston Biscuit I remember the ball boy putting it down and Little not breaking stride from running up to the corner and taking it. Another manager complained (Warnock?) and they stopped it

It was that old alcoholic George Burley who complained about how we used the multi-ball system. Our ball boys and girls were the best in the business.

Also remember Steve Bruce whining about how quickly our ball boys were recycling the ball in that play-off semi against Wigan.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 May 2019 13:12

Vision
Winston Biscuit I remember the ball boy putting it down and Little not breaking stride from running up to the corner and taking it. Another manager complained (Warnock?) and they stopped it

It was that old alcoholic George Burley who complained about how we used the multi-ball system. Our ball boys and girls were the best in the business.

Also remember Steve Bruce whining about how quickly our ball boys were recycling the ball in that play-off semi against Wigan.

We ended up being 1 of a small handful of clubs banned from using the multi ball system for a while. Can't remember which season though. I don't think that was ever made public tbh. I was aware that it had happened and searched for it but never saw anything. It's also the kind of thing you don't notice too much if you are not aware.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 08 May 2019 16:45

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T Fair play!

I think I know how much it hurt to post that so good on you.
As somebody else has already said, games like that are why we love sport.

Europe is slightly different. I've always thought it potentially benefits the reputation of my club if other English teams are doing well

Obvs I hope you lose the final

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 08 May 2019 17:45

1. I always support the English (British) teams, in any sport.
2. I am not a great fan of glory boy teams, and Liverpool are clearly one of those, but they are far, far preferable to Chelsea and Arsenal. Prolly Man U too (about the same).
3. I like Klopp and Salah.

but.....................(see 2) I do not like their Southern-based glory boy fans.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 May 2019 15:39

I can see both winning today and the cheering at Anfield at the final whistle being almost as loud as at Brighton as they know what an extraordinary season they have had and they have the European Cup Final to come

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 May 2019 16:20

Cmon City......ffs finish it.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 May 2019 16:21

There it is. (Changes channel quickly to witness Liverpool dissapointment)

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 May 2019 16:24

Carraghers voice starts creaking......just waiting for him to cry. ❤❤❤❤
Now just need spurs to win the CL.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 May 2019 16:29

Wow ..,. Celebration time.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 May 2019 16:55

Next season then...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 May 2019 16:59

Great performance this season from both teams.

Liverpool will still win the Champions League.

8632 posts