LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8627 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Sep 2019 20:49

Franchise FC Sky (yes, I know) are reporting that Liverpool are being investigated for playing an ineligible player against MK Dons :shock:

They’re out if they have :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am not sure that this cup was a prime target with 3 players in the side aged 17 the other night so this could be a blessing in disguise.
Another win today and another 3 points, staying 5 points ahead of their only serious challengers this season.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Sep 2019 22:11

Victor Meldrew
Franchise FC Sky (yes, I know) are reporting that Liverpool are being investigated for playing an ineligible player against MK Dons :shock:

They’re out if they have :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am not sure that this cup was a prime target with 3 players in the side aged 17 the other night so this could be a blessing in disguise.
Another win today and another 3 points, staying 5 points ahead of their only serious challengers this season.

It’s not a good look for the Champions of Europe to be so administratively slapdash (if that’s the case - as I said, source was Sky)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Sep 2019 06:08

Yet another opposition goalkeeper drops the ball in the back of their own net for lucky Liverpool.

No way they aren't breaking that 30 year hoodoo this year.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Sep 2019 11:41

sandman Yet another opposition goalkeeper drops the ball in the back of their own net for lucky Liverpool.

No way they aren't breaking that 30 year hoodoo this year.

It's pressure m8 just like when Karius contributed to what might have turned out to be a 7th European Cup.
Other than that they are obviously just lucky with no skill at all.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Sep 2019 09:43

Liverpool are getting the rub of the green this season so far but they are earning their luck. I think a few of the top sides might go to Sheffield United this season and get unstuck. They are so direct and "anti football" and this won't suit the Arsenal's, Man United's and Chelsea's of this world.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Sep 2019 10:28

Old Man Andrews Liverpool are getting the rub of the green this season so far but they are earning their luck. I think a few of the top sides might go to Sheffield United this season and get unstuck. They are so direct and "anti football" and this won't suit the Arsenal's, Man United's and Chelsea's of this world.

Indeed. The 'lucky' tag doesn't stick so well at 16 consecutive victories.

On the League Cup, it apparently centres around Pedro Chirivella, who has played for Liverpool domestically before, but having spent the second half of last season on loan in Spain, may not have had the required international clearance following his return to Anfield. Very silly oversight if proven to be the case, however the club apparently believe that they have filed everything required and that the FA are at fault. It's a similar case to Sunderland a few years back, who were fined for fielding a player four times despite him not having the relevant clearance - in that case again they had filed the paperwork but not had confirmation back from the FA.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Sep 2019 11:05

I think also in Sunderland's case the player played in League games where a points deduction was a possible punishment.

I really can't see Liverpool getting more than a small fine if found guilty.

Assuming the paperwork was submitted correctly, I can't understand how a returning loanee can still not have his clearance 4 weeks after the European window closed when the FA can quite easily push through clearance within a couple of days of deadline day.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Sep 2019 11:20

The similar case I can think of would be Manny Omoyinmi, which lead to a replay of the game.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Sep 2019 11:57

stealthpapes The similar case I can think of would be Manny Omoyinmi, which lead to a replay of the game.

Was a little different - he had played for another club in an earlier round in the competition.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Sep 2019 12:53

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews Liverpool are getting the rub of the green this season so far but they are earning their luck. I think a few of the top sides might go to Sheffield United this season and get unstuck. They are so direct and "anti football" and this won't suit the Arsenal's, Man United's and Chelsea's of this world.

yeah fair play...they're 'lucky' the way that Utd were under Ferguson

i.e. they're usually much better than the team they're playing

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Sep 2019 15:11

Sanguine
stealthpapes The similar case I can think of would be Manny Omoyinmi, which lead to a replay of the game.

Was a little different - he had played for another club in an earlier round in the competition.

aye, this is less severe than that, I think.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Sep 2019 15:33

BR0B0T
Sanguine

That's definitely true but, from the outside, they seem to be getting more than their fair share of help from opponents (particularly goalkeepers) in this run.
City have to wait for the Manchester derby for that sort of help.
:wink:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Sep 2019 15:37

Franchise FC
BR0B0T
Sanguine

That's definitely true but, from the outside, they seem to be getting more than their fair share of help from opponents (particularly goalkeepers) in this run.

People forget that Pickford's error isn't part of this winning run.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Sep 2019 15:42

Sanguine
Franchise FC
BR0B0T

Loris, Henderson, Fulham keeper (shame on me I can't remember his name and can't be bothered to look it up), Wolves keeper (??)

So no, I haven't forgotten that Pickford isn't part of this run.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Sep 2019 15:45

Franchise FC
Sanguine
Franchise FC That's definitely true but, from the outside, they seem to be getting more than their fair share of help from opponents (particularly goalkeepers) in this run.

Loris, Henderson, Fulham keeper (shame on me I can't remember his name and can't be bothered to look it up), Wolves keeper (??)

Liverpool beat Wolves by two. So we're talking about three errors over 16 games. I'll take that as making up for Karius.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Sep 2019 15:56

Sanguine
Franchise FC
Sanguine

Liverpool beat Wolves by two. So we're talking about three errors over 16 games. I'll take that as making up for Karius.

That's a whole new argument. If the mistake is the first goal, it changes the whole game. The second can be conceded trying to chase the equaliser. However, even if the mistake were for the second, who knows whether an equaliser could have been forthcoming without it.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Sep 2019 15:58

Franchise FC
Sanguine
Franchise FC Loris, Henderson, Fulham keeper (shame on me I can't remember his name and can't be bothered to look it up), Wolves keeper (??)

That's a whole new argument. If the mistake is the first goal, it changes the whole game. The second can be conceded trying to chase the equaliser. However, even if the mistake were for the second, who knows whether an equaliser could have been forthcoming without it.

And who knows whether Liverpool would have scored a goal anyway without it. etc.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Oct 2019 09:16

Franchise is right, if Liverpool go on to win the title this year they should definitely turn down the trophy because some keepers have made errors against them

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Oct 2019 13:28

Silver Fox Franchise is right, if Liverpool go on to win the title this year they should definitely turn down the trophy because some keepers have made errors against them

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don’t think I said anything remotely like that, though.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Oct 2019 13:37

True. I think's it's more the implication - team goes on 16-game winning streak, the third longest in English top division history, and people want to talk about goalkeeping errors.

8627 posts