The footballer gets arrested thread

2139 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The footballer gets arrested thread

by Hoop Blah » 16 Apr 2019 16:20

Old Man Andrews
FiNeRaIn That's what the left has done to society. As stupid and as childish as that is, there will probably now be this silly faux outrage and demand to punish him by all these stay at home moms, politicians and media institutions. Just fvck off trying to control everyone into a robotic trance. It was silly, he was with his mates acting like a prat, no he's not a genuine Nazi or trying to glorify any anti-semitic feeling. Get over it and move on.

Er yeah he has made it 10 times worse with the excuse he made though.

Found not guilty, on the basis that he didn't actually know what a Nazi salute is...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Apr 2019 16:38

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews
FiNeRaIn That's what the left has done to society. As stupid and as childish as that is, there will probably now be this silly faux outrage and demand to punish him by all these stay at home moms, politicians and media institutions. Just fvck off trying to control everyone into a robotic trance. It was silly, he was with his mates acting like a prat, no he's not a genuine Nazi or trying to glorify any anti-semitic feeling. Get over it and move on.

Er yeah he has made it 10 times worse with the excuse he made though.

Found not guilty, on the basis that he didn't actually know what a Nazi salute is...

oxf*rd hell.......

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 16 Apr 2019 18:04

Paul Scholes alleged illegal betting

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Apr 2019 10:28

Nicky Butt for allegedly assaulting a woman

Who's next to get nicked from the Class of '91?

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 17 Apr 2019 10:34

Can we start calling them Fergie's Fugitives now?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Apr 2019 12:27

Silver Fox Nicky Butt for allegedly assaulting a woman

Who's next to get nicked from the Class of '91?

A "Buttering"?

#nolasttangoinparis

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 09 May 2019 17:25

No longer a footballer, and not arrested, but Beckham has been banned from driving for 6 months- using his mobile when driving again.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 May 2019 17:37

exileinleeds No longer a footballer, and not arrested, but Beckham has been banned from driving for 6 months- using his mobile when driving again.

A great role model to young people.......allegedly.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 09 May 2019 17:54

His defence barrister was pleading that he often does the school run- his children will miss out.

I'd say, if he has form for using his phone while driving, banning him from driving his kids around does them a massive favour.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 May 2019 18:44

Oh well, I supppse Victoria will have to get her scrawny arse out of bed now :roll:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 May 2019 10:43

Victor Meldrew
exileinleeds No longer a footballer, and not arrested, but Beckham has been banned from driving for 6 months- using his mobile when driving again.

He has been a terrific role model - certainly to young footballers. That doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 May 2019 10:48

Sanguine
Victor Meldrew

He has been a terrific role model - certainly to young footballers. That doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes.

+1, also just look at him...

Swoon.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 May 2019 12:22

Sanguine
Victor Meldrew

You are in a very forgiving mood today cmonurz (see also the racism thread and Danny Baker). :wink:
This great role model Beckham recently got away with another motoring offence on the technicality that ,although there was no doubt of guilt, the expensive lawyer pointed out that notice was issued one day too late.

Mr Beckham doesn't seem to appreciate the dangers of speeding or phoning whilst driving.
Remember he (irresponsibly?) gave one of his kids a supercharged motor for his 17th birthday or when he had just passed his test.
I would prefer it if the Beckhams did their driving in the USA or elsewhere and do his role-modelling there.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 10 May 2019 12:38

Victor Meldrew
Sanguine
Victor Meldrew

You are in a very forgiving mood today cmonurz (see also the racism thread and Danny Baker). :wink:
This great role model Beckham recently got away with another motoring offence on the technicality that ,although there was no doubt of guilt, the expensive lawyer pointed out that notice was issued one day too late.

Mr Beckham doesn't seem to appreciate the dangers of speeding or phoning whilst driving.
Remember he (irresponsibly?) gave one of his kids a supercharged motor for his 17th birthday or when he had just passed his test.
I would prefer it if the Beckhams did their driving in the USA or elsewhere and do his role-modelling there.

He has been banned because he also got 6pts for the same offence last November (smart lawyer didn't get him off that one). Anyone who commits the same offence in such a short period should not be on the road.

Personally, I am in favour of much harsher penalties than are the norm for driving offences. I am old enough to remember when you were 'unlucky' to get caught drink driving. Then came the automatic ban and drink driving rates dropped. Now if you are caught, you are a pariah.
One of my big bugbears is uninsured drivers. The penalties are often cheaper than the insurance - especially in the higher 'risk' groups. ANPR may pick up a car which is uninsured- but it wouldn't pick up a car that is driven by a driver not insured to drive that car.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 May 2019 12:48

exileinleeds
Victor Meldrew
Sanguine

He has been banned because he also got 6pts for the same offence last November (smart lawyer didn't get him off that one). Anyone who commits the same offence in such a short period should not be on the road.

Personally, I am in favour of much harsher penalties than are the norm for driving offences. I am old enough to remember when you were 'unlucky' to get caught drink driving. Then came the automatic ban and drink driving rates dropped. Now if you are caught, you are a pariah.
One of my big bugbears is uninsured drivers. The penalties are often cheaper than the insurance - especially in the higher 'risk' groups. ANPR may pick up a car which is uninsured- but it wouldn't pick up a car that is driven by a driver not insured to drive that car.

It was actually 6pts for additional speeding matters, not the same offence.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 May 2019 13:06

Hendo
exileinleeds
Victor Meldrew

So still an offender then, or rather, a serial offender and flaunter of the law.
No wonder he hasn't got that knighthood despite being best buddies with David Cameron and Prince William. :|

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 May 2019 14:40

Victor Meldrew
Hendo
exileinleeds

So still an offender then, or rather, a serial offender and flaunter of the law.
No wonder he hasn't got that knighthood despite being best buddies with David Cameron and Prince William. :|

Don't forget he'd also have done one or two "awareness" courses in the last three years to get those speeding points. All collected while he's been driving in the UK while zipping across the Atlantic on a regular basis.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 10 May 2019 15:33

Surely, 6pts on his licence is like playing on a yellow card? Do that, or similar again, and you're off...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 May 2019 15:50

Uke Don't forget he'd also have done one or two "awareness" courses in the last three years to get those speeding points. All collected while he's been driving in the UK while zipping across the Atlantic on a regular basis.

Those courses are optional to avoid points.

Something tells me David Beckham won't have bothered spending half a day with a bunch joe public in a crappy hotel function room just to avoid a few points and an increase in his insurance premium!

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 13 May 2019 16:28

Danny Drinkwater: 20 month driving ban, and despite preferring a fine to a community order- 70 hours of community work.
Well over twice the legal limit. :roll:

2139 posts