Re: CheLOLsea

by Big Foot » 18 Aug 2014 23:07

That ball from Fabregas...no words needed

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 19 Aug 2014 15:26

Big Foot That ball from Fabregas...no words needed

Sumptuous. It looked like a Barcalona goal.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 20 Aug 2014 12:19

Mega 'greed. If Chelsea are going to play like that for the rest of the season we're going to be in for a treat.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 20 Aug 2014 13:41

Lets settle down, it's just Burnley.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 30 Sep 2014 12:06

Turkish Airlines confirm sponsorship deal with Chelsea FC to replace SAMSUNG

http://www.givemesport.com/508041-turki ... th-chelsea

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 26 Oct 2014 18:01

Thank you van Persie.
Seven yellow cards for Chelsea ffs.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 26 Oct 2014 18:11

i hate both chelsea and united but not sure untied deserved a point there...they played like shit for the entire match (chelsea didnt play well either imo) and they get a lucky break when di maria dived and got ivanovic sent off which resulted in the goal late on. i think chelsea did deserve the 3 points tbh. also lol at united celebrating like they won the league after only getting a draw at home on a late refball call.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Oct 2014 18:56

Chelsea look like they will go unbeaten this season. They just look strong everywhere.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Oct 2014 19:25

I'd be very very surprised if they do.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Oct 2014 07:52

So would I, but this is as close to a team that could do it that we've had since Arsenal's 'invincibles'. They don't have an obvious weakness.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 27 Oct 2014 09:01

Agree that Chelsea look fairly unstoppable. I think this team would give most former league winners a run for their money, but it is a shame for the neutral that they appear to have no real competition this season.

I wouldnt be surprised if they won the league with most games left to spare ever tbh

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 27 Oct 2014 09:17

Winston Smith Agree that Chelsea look fairly unstoppable. I think this team would give most former league winners a run for their money, but it is a shame for the neutral that they appear to have no real competition this season.

I wouldnt be surprised if they won the league with most games left to spare ever tbh

Agree with you re no real weakness - maybe the only thing would be if Matic picked up a big injury, neither Mikel or Ramires can do quite the same job.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Oct 2014 09:28

YateleyRoyal
Winston Smith Agree that Chelsea look fairly unstoppable. I think this team would give most former league winners a run for their money, but it is a shame for the neutral that they appear to have no real competition this season.

Agree with you re no real weakness - maybe the only thing would be if Matic picked up a big injury, neither Mikel or Ramires can do quite the same job.

Yep, he's been one hell of a signing by Mourinho (or re-signing).

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Oct 2014 10:34

Shame the game was ruined by Phil Dowd. Missed our clear penalty when Ivanovic and JT were assaulted in the penalty area, given that Michael Oliver gave the Bony/Shawcross one last week. The Ivanovic sending off was farcical really. You would hope the FA rescind at least one of those yellows. Especially when you saw Aguero's tackle on the West Ham player over the weekend (definite straight red - similar to Azpilcueta's last week v Palace) and yet again he got away with it. Kompany was also on a yellow card and did a foul very similar against West Ham, in which Ivanovic got his 2nd yellow but got away with it.

Poor consistency from the referees again this weekend.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Oct 2014 11:03

Have they changed the rules? I didn't think a yellow could be rescinded. Second one was never a card - appeared an accidentally clip of the ankle, with Di Maria going away from goal.

philM

by philM » 27 Oct 2014 11:11

No Fixed Abode Shame the game was ruined by Phil Dowd. Missed our clear penalty when Ivanovic and JT were assaulted in the penalty area, given that Michael Oliver gave the Bony/Shawcross one last week. The Ivanovic sending off was farcical really. You would hope the FA rescind at least one of those yellows. Especially when you saw Aguero's tackle on the West Ham player over the weekend (definite straight red - similar to Azpilcueta's last week v Palace) and yet again he got away with it. Kompany was also on a yellow card and did a foul very similar against West Ham, in which Ivanovic got his 2nd yellow but got away with it.

=

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 27 Oct 2014 11:19

No Fixed Abode Shame the game was ruined by Phil Dowd. Missed our clear penalty when Ivanovic and JT were assaulted in the penalty area, given that Michael Oliver gave the Bony/Shawcross one last week. The Ivanovic sending off was farcical really. You would hope the FA rescind at least one of those yellows. Especially when you saw Aguero's tackle on the West Ham player over the weekend (definite straight red - similar to Azpilcueta's last week v Palace) and yet again he got away with it. Kompany was also on a yellow card and did a foul very similar against West Ham, in which Ivanovic got his 2nd yellow but got away with it.

A rare 'greed with Kes here - consistency is poor.

I didn't see the second half of Utd/Chelsea, but wasn't the second Ivanovic one for persistent fouling?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Oct 2014 12:45

Seem to remember you being a big fan of Dowd a couple of years ago Kes. In fact, didn't you start a Phil Dowd appreciation thread?

Oh and LOL at getting upset by a football match.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 27 Oct 2014 12:53

Not sure exactly what the first yellow was for, the foul or dissent. If it's the foul it's a little soft, dissent it's a little stupid

Not surprised by the second yellow. AdM has got passed him and is most likely going to attempt to deliver the ball into the box

Moderate success is probably what causes the decline of big clubs. United are doing terribly in terms of points but probably feel like they're doing alright rescuing draws, turning corners etc.

9597 posts