CheLOLsea

9597 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CheLOLsea

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jul 2017 19:24

AthleticoSpizz and Jay Dasilva lent out to Charlton amongst the many others.

Cheloansea 4U Co.

Chelseasonloan 4U surely?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Jul 2017 19:29

In all seriousness

Just check out the amount of Chelsea "players" that have been loaned out since my post that you have actually quoted.

You join the club as a youth from all around the globe, knowing full-well that you will never actually play for them...I'm sure that the monies good tho

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 30 Jul 2017 22:53

AthleticoSpizz In all seriousness

Just check out the amount of Chelsea "players" that have been loaned out since my post that you have actually quoted.

You join the club as a youth from all around the globe, knowing full-well that you will never actually play for them...I'm sure that the monies good tho

you're behind the curve, players don't dream of playing for a particular club anymore . Chelsea have one of the best youth setups and facilities in the world and their network must be amazing so I'm sure clubs from all over the world will look at their loan's as a great way to get talent

what better place to get into the modern game than via this route?

It also brings in revenue when FFP was supposed to balance the books ..

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 Jul 2017 08:47

multisync1830
AthleticoSpizz In all seriousness

you're behind the curve, players don't dream of playing for a particular club anymore . Chelsea have one of the best youth setups and facilities in the world and their network must be amazing so I'm sure clubs from all over the world will look at their loan's as a great way to get talent

what better place to get into the modern game than via this route?

It also brings in revenue when FFP was supposed to balance the books ..

I'd say the sheer volume of top young players that they is a bit of an issue but that's mainly a consequence of them having such a good youth set up as you say.

I've long been an advocate of English players playing abroad and the experience the likes of Baker and Solanke got playing in a cup winning and Europa challenging Vitesse side last year and sampling a different culture outside of their Academy bubble is a good thing.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Jul 2017 09:13

Hector out on loan again - season-long deal to Hull City.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jul 2017 09:18

I think Chelsea do it well but they can afford to do it well. Signing someone like Hector for £4m, the hope is they can shift him on in 3 years for 5-6m and the deal pays for itself and as long as Hector knows that's the deal then fair enough, I suppose.

Parma did the similar thing, hoovering up young Serie C talent on the cheap in the hope that one or two would make it. I remember that one summer they signed about between 30 and 40 players but only spent about £750,000 When they went into meltdown, they had something like 75 players out on loan or under joint ownership. Their approach failed because they signed shit players.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Jul 2017 09:24

From Despair To Where? I think Chelsea do it well but they can afford to do it well. Signing someone like Hector for £4m, the hope is they can shift him on in 3 years for 5-6m and the deal pays for itself and as long as Hector knows that's the deal then fair enough, I suppose.

Parma did the similar thing, hoovering up young Serie C talent on the cheap in the hope that one or two would make it. I remember that one summer they signed about between 30 and 40 players but only spent about £750,000 When they went into meltdown, they had something like 75 players out on loan or under joint ownership. Their approach failed because they signed shit players.

I don't see how it appeals to a lot of the players - Hector a case in point. Fair play to the lad if he genuinely thought he could become a Chelsea centre-back, I guess. In the NBA they often talk about young basketball players having a 'ceiling' - is there no-one around the likes of Hector to advise him that in the short-term he might have a lower ceiling than a Champions League centre-back?

I'm a bit of a football romantic - I imagine were I a player I'd want to play for my local side - or certainly if I'd established myself somewhere after somewhat of a breakthrough season, I'd want to become synonymous with that club. I guess for Hector he's happy with a season in Frankfurt and one in Hull. Seems a bit of a soulless journey though.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jul 2017 09:49

I don't disagree, I bet Hector saw it in terms of getting his head down, a year out on loan where he does well and then starting to establish himself as a first team squad player. The reality is Chelsea start struggling at the back so they resign David Luiz for £50m. Chelsea just do not spend 5m on first team players. It's stockpiling and wheeler dealing, lose half a million here, make 2 million there.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Aug 2017 13:25

Sanguine I'm a bit of a football romantic - I imagine were I a player I'd want to play for my local side - or certainly if I'd established myself somewhere after somewhat of a breakthrough season, I'd want to become synonymous with that club. I guess for Hector he's happy with a season in Frankfurt and one in Hull. Seems a bit of a soulless journey though.

I totally agree with the romantic ideal and wish more players looked at it that way but I think there are a few factors that prevent it.

1) The Money - Hector would probably have added another £10/20k a week by going to Chelsea when he did. Over the course of a 3 year contract that's an extra £1m-£3m income at his peak. There's a strong argument that if he stayed at Reading and played week-in week-out then he may have got an even bigger pay rise after another season or two IF he continued to improve. That's a big gamble for a player that could also see his career ended by injury any time he laces up his boots.

2) Their Confidence - players who get to that level will usually have a lot of confidence in their ability to make it. They'll quite often see themselves as good enough to grasp the chance and somehow win a place in the side. They don't quite see the ceiling that we do for them, and that's partly why they've made it.

3) The Stage - getting taken on by Chelsea, and signed by Mourihio for example, gives a player like Hector a bump up in his reputation and so that loan deal he gets is likely to be another step up from the club they've left behind. That gives them a chance to progress that might not be there if they stay at their original club.

4) The Flash in the Pan - there's loads of players out there that have looked world beaters for a short spell. From the likes of John Mackie to Januzaj some players just have that golden spell of form and there's possibly some that think they have to cash in on that when they get the chance to sign a big contract.

I'd love for players to take the longer term view and accept that they can earn seriously good money throughout their career by sticking with a club and doing things right. Unfortunately money talks and I can understand why it doesn't happen more.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Aug 2017 17:55

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Aug 2017 10:19

If someone could photoshop a celebrating John Terry in that scene, that'd be great.

I understand why Kes is banned ( and is risen as a chastised Jim or Jimmy or something) but we need him on this thread.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Aug 2017 15:03

cheLOLsea

double d

by double d » 12 Aug 2017 15:50

If only Kes wasn't banned hahahahaha

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Aug 2017 19:49

double d

by double d » 12 Aug 2017 19:51

Uke

Best gif of the year

double d

by double d » 12 Aug 2017 19:51

Uke

Best gif of the year

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Aug 2017 22:44

Chelsea look in disarray. Early doors but they could implode.

Referee spot on today. Horrible, dirty Chelsea side showed today.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Aug 2017 08:12

Presumably 5Live have just run a spoof interview with Conte.
Discussed transfers and he was asked how other clubs can compete with the limitless budget of PSG. Conte declared it was tough and implied that PSG's approach to the game (throwing huge sums around) was unethical.
Remind me. is Conte manager of free spending Chelsea who have had hundreds of millions pumped into them by a super righteous owner ?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Aug 2017 10:30

Cahill's red was fair enough but it was one of those classic overreaches where the ball has just got away and the player makes a split second decision that he must win it back but is not fully in control of his body.

He's not a guy who would deliberately go out to hurt a player imo.

Fabregas is just a bit of a nob.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Aug 2017 10:38

Royal Rother Cahill's red was fair enough but it was one of those classic overreaches where the ball has just got away and the player makes a split second decision that he must win it back but is not fully in control of his body.

He's not a guy who would deliberately go out to hurt a player imo.

Fabregas is just a bit of a nob.

Cahill's was worse than Jamie Vardy's a while ago - and he knew it straight away. Rightly described as overrunning the ball and committed to winning it back at all costs. Different result but not a great deal different in approach to Ryan Shawcross on Ramsay. Not exactly deliberate, just reckless.

Fabregas should have been given a straight red. That one was far later, far more deliberate and was the archetypal leg-breaker

9597 posts