CheLOLsea

9597 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: CheLOLsea

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2020 09:55

Sanguine
From Despair To Where?
Old Man Andrews
Just having a look at some stats and Rogério Ceni has 1152 appearances for Sao Paolo. Mental.

They have state championships and national championships in Brazil so, although the big clubs tend to play reserve teams in state championships against weaker sides, there's potential to play 80+ games a season.

Then you throw in continental club competitions and it all gets a bit mental.

Indeed, Ceni played more than 60 games in a season ten times.

He's most 'famous' of course for scoring well over 100 league goals - he was Sao Paulo's free-kick and penalty taker. In 2005 he got 21 goals in 75 games. :shock: :D

Would love to know how many times that has gone horribly wrong. There must have been occasions where he has missed a pen or hit the wall on a free kick and the other team has scored.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Sep 2020 10:08

i am not one for pointless stats, but I listened to a podcast yesterday and they pointed out that both Kepa & Caballero at Chelsea under Lampard and Carson at Derby under Lampard, have all seen their save percentages drop to their worst numbers

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Oct 2020 20:36

Kepa is just desperately bad, why oh why do they persist with him

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Oct 2020 11:07

URZZZZ Kepa is just desperately bad, why oh why do they persist with him

Their new keeper was injured wasnt he? Otherwise he wouldn’t have played

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Oct 2020 12:03

WoodleyRoyal
URZZZZ Kepa is just desperately bad, why oh why do they persist with him

Their new keeper was injured wasnt he? Otherwise he wouldn’t have played

They have Caballero still

Kepa has made too many mistakes, there’s too much pressure on him whenever he plays now

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 21 Oct 2020 15:25

They've even got Petr Cech available after naming him in their Premier League squad.

That's retired footballer Petr Cech who let four goals in last time he played 18 months ago (against Chelsea LOL).

They must think Kepa is really shit.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Oct 2020 15:29

They've seen him play more than most of us so that's a pretty safe assumption I guess

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Oct 2020 17:44

I think Kepa is just under that pressure of the world's most expensive keeper and can't hack it. He will probably end up going back to Spain, and being one of those players like Forlan or Guissepe Rossi who turns amazing.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Jan 2021 18:46

Not a good month for Lampard and Chelsea

Desperately lacking a defensive holding midfielder, all the top teams play with one, even McTominay for United is doing a job there. Kante doesn’t cut the mustard there, never understood the general clamour for him to play as a CDM

Then you have the likes of Werner and Havertz, who at the moment, aren’t performing relative to their transfer fee

I think he deserves a bit of time but given Chelsea’s track record - not sure he’ll be afforded too much more

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jan 2021 20:14

Tuchel may have been watching with interest.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 04 Jan 2021 11:13

URZZZZ Not a good month for Lampard and Chelsea

Desperately lacking a defensive holding midfielder, all the top teams play with one, even McTominay for United is doing a job there. Kante doesn’t cut the mustard there, never understood the general clamour for him to play as a CDM

Then you have the likes of Werner and Havertz, who at the moment, aren’t performing relative to their transfer fee

I think he deserves a bit of time but given Chelsea’s track record - not sure he’ll be afforded too much more

Their front 4 yesterday looked like a bunch of Alukos-weak and didn't win any 50/50 challenges.
It looks as though Frank has brought in good ball players at great expense who don't fancy the rough and tumble side of the game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Jan 2021 13:30

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ Not a good month for Lampard and Chelsea

Their front 4 yesterday looked like a bunch of Alukos-weak and didn't win any 50/50 challenges.
It looks as though Frank has brought in good ball players at great expense who don't fancy the rough and tumble side of the game.

Going to ignore the Aluko comment but agree with the rest

Can’t admit to watching too much German football but the impression I got from watching some games there is that it’s a much more open league than the Prem, hence playing to Werner’s strengths. Looks like he’s an attacker who likes getting in behind defences and given that a lot of PL teams play a very low block, he doesn’t have much use in the team

Surprised he doesn’t use Giroud more - seems to always pretty much score when he starts

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Jan 2021 21:15

Considering how trigger happy abramovich can be, frank might be in a spot of bother soon.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2021 23:33

Would be a oxf*rd joke and a basket case decision by a basket case club

Its his 3rd oxf*rd season and what does he expect these days? Just give him time like Howe or HHH from Burnley has.

CheLOLsea.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Jan 2021 23:49

Not sure I agree with that, he’s spent a lot of money this season and the club seems to be going backwards.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Jan 2021 08:22

Chelsea's league wins this year have come against Fulham, West Ham, Leeds, Newcastle, Shef Utd, Palace, Brighton & Burnley

Aside from West Ham they are all 12th or lower in the table

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Jan 2021 08:46

WoodleyRoyal Not sure I agree with that, he’s spent a lot of money this season and the club seems to be going backwards.

Yep, agree with this. When Chelsea made the signings they did, I think a lot of people sat up and took notice as on paper they were quality signings, but it just hasn't happened yet. Maybe they'll come good next season, but the way they're going at the moment, they won't be playing in Europe and I don't think the hierarchy at Chelsea will stand for that.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jan 2021 19:32

I see Chelsea gave the worlds most expensive goalkeeper a run out today to see if he can get his way back into the team

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55787974

oh....

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 24 Jan 2021 20:01

Winston Biscuit I see Chelsea gave the worlds most expensive goalkeeper a run out today to see if he can get his way back into the team

oh....

don't think that's a mistake...he can't see the ball or player as the defender is right in front of him

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2021 22:43

BR0B0T
Winston Biscuit I see Chelsea gave the worlds most expensive goalkeeper a run out today to see if he can get his way back into the team

oh....

don't think that's a mistake...he can't see the ball or player as the defender is right in front of him

I'm assuming this is a joke.

I'd have sympathy with him if it had just gone past him before he could react, but had a full hand on it, just with a wrist like some limp lettuce.

9597 posts