In Rafa we trust...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

In Rafa we trust...

by TBM » 22 Dec 2010 14:23

.....or not

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 55,00.html

Sky Sports News understands Rafa Benitez has been sacked from his post as Inter Milan manager after just six months in charge.

daswonder

Re: In Rafa we trust...

by daswonder » 22 Dec 2010 15:01

TBM .....or not

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 55,00.html

Sky Sports News understands Rafa Benitez has been sacked from his post as Inter Milan manager after just six months in charge.

Check the european thread TBM 8)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 22 Dec 2010 15:07

Nothing since Monday which was just a rumour! :wink:

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 22 Dec 2010 15:33

The media are claiming that his kids have already been enrolled back in their old school in Liverpool for next term i.e Benitez will be managing in the Premier League next

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 22 Dec 2010 15:35

soggy biscuit The media are claiming that his kids have already been enrolled back in their old school in Liverpool for next term i.e Benitez will be managing in the Premier League next

Blackburn maybe..................

daswonder

by daswonder » 22 Dec 2010 15:36

soggy biscuit The media are claiming that his kids have already been enrolled back in their old school in Liverpool for next term i.e Benitez will be managing in the Premier League next

Media in Italy suggest Leonardo is going to be taking the Inter job, a Milanista in charge at Inter :evil: :roll:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 22 Dec 2010 15:51

daswonder

Media in Italy suggest Leonardo is going to be taking the Inter job, a Milanista in charge at Inter :evil: :roll:

Bit like George Graham taking the Spurs job

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 22 Dec 2010 15:57

daswonder

Pezzo di Merde!

Leonardo has a great track record though :roll:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 22 Dec 2010 18:20

TBM

I can't see that. Rafa's problems at Inter were reportedly down to their overly high expectations and lack of funds to achieve them.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 22 Dec 2010 18:32

oh it would be so good if it were City

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 22 Dec 2010 18:50

roadrunner
TBM

I can't see that. Rafa's problems at Inter were reportedly down to their overly high expectations and lack of funds to achieve them.

True. It's not as if Inter have done anything special in Serie A or the champions league of late...

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 22 Dec 2010 19:26

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
roadrunner
TBM Blackburn maybe..................

True. It's not as if Inter have done anything special in Serie A or the champions league of late...

Inter Milan are 7th in Seria A and 13 points off top spot, occupied by AC Milan. The pressure is on and he reportedly wanted more money made available in January.

He said: "There are three possibilities (for the club).

"One, 100 per cent support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.

"Two, carry on like this without a project, without planning and go ahead with one person to blame, for the whole season getting to May this way.

"The third is to speak to my agent, reach an agreement if there is not this support. Simple."

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 22 Dec 2010 22:14

Maybe back at Liverpool???

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 23 Dec 2010 09:17

The Fans want him back

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 23 Dec 2010 09:46

leww_rfc The Fans want him back

That looks suspiciously like one person has produced the lot - the writing is all the same.

ScouseROFLs :roll:

daswonder

by daswonder » 23 Dec 2010 09:55

roadrunner Inter Milan are 7th in Serie A and 13 points off top spot, occupied by AC Milan. The pressure is on and he reportedly wanted more money made available in January.

He said: "There are three possibilities (for the club).

"One, 100 per cent support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.

"Two, carry on like this without a project, without planning and go ahead with one person to blame, for the whole season getting to May this way.

"The third is to speak to my agent, reach an agreement if there is not this support. Simple."

Not more money he wanted reinforcements brought in, the thing is as part of becoming the coach at Inter (coach rather then manager as he only has a say in what happens on the training ground and the team on match days) he knew that he would have no say in transfers so him coming out like this is strange.

If he concentrated more time on just continuing the work of Mancini/Mourinho rather then attempting to do better then Mourinho (which he has come out and said just that on a number of occassions) he would have faired much better.

Skyline

by Skyline » 23 Dec 2010 11:31

handbags_harris That looks suspiciously like one person has produced the lot - the writing is all the same.

Had exactly the same thought when I saw it.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Dec 2010 11:54

What took Liverpool 6 years, Inter found out in 6 months; that Benitez is an over-rated, over-hyped average manager, who got lucky one night in Istanbul and has been professionally propped up by that single result for evermore.

His tactics are blatantly obvious; come in to a club and demand unreasonably large wads of cash. If he fails to get it, he blames the club for "lacking ambition"; if he gets it, and the club still fail, then its down to refs, agents, opposing managers and even the tides rather than his fault.

He is the classic example of the post-Bosman manager, where it is no longer about being able to manage players, but solely about being able to buy more and more in. (Other examples would include Avram Grant, Roy Keane, Mark Hughes and Billy Davies).

100 Rafa's isn't worth a single Coppell (or indeed, a single Holloway). Brian Clough in his heyday would have slaughtered the likes of Benitez.

daswonder

by daswonder » 23 Dec 2010 12:45

Mr Angry What took Liverpool 6 years, Inter found out in 6 months; that Benitez is an over-rated, over-hyped average manager, who got lucky one night in Istanbul and has been professionally propped up by that single result for evermore.

His tactics are blatantly obvious; come in to a club and demand unreasonably large wads of cash. If he fails to get it, he blames the club for "lacking ambition"; if he gets it, and the club still fail, then its down to refs, agents, opposing managers and even the tides rather than his fault.

He is the classic example of the post-Bosman manager, where it is no longer about being able to manage players, but solely about being able to buy more and more in. (Other examples would include Avram Grant, Roy Keane, Mark Hughes and Billy Davies).

100 Rafa's isn't worth a single Coppell (or indeed, a single Holloway). Brian Clough in his heyday would have slaughtered the likes of Benitez.

Agreed I would also add that he also got lucky at Valencia to having inherited the side that he took to 2 league titles and a UEFA cup.

A case of when he puts his stamp on things it goes wrong.

It was rumoured at Liverpool he used to pick his match day teams based on how much they ran in training (bar the key players that is).

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 23 Dec 2010 12:48

Mr Angry What took Liverpool 6 years, Inter found out in 6 months; that Benitez is an over-rated, over-hyped average manager, who got lucky one night in Istanbul and has been professionally propped up by that single result for evermore.

Maybe a liitle bit harsh especially as he got Valencia to win 2 La Liga titles and IIRC the EUFA Cup before he came over here and Valencia did reach a Champions League final but I'm not sure whether he was in charge then.
If so he has got teams to Champions League finals 3 times in 10 years which is a better record than Fergie's.
I hope Liverpool don't take him back for lots of reasons because he does seem,like Mancini at City,to have a very safety-first approach to the game..