FAO - All Ding fans after Saturday's Football fix.

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

FAO - All Ding fans after Saturday's Football fix.

by Alan Partridge » 02 Feb 2011 17:06

Please feel free to move this mods, probs can go in General Football but I'd like non members of HNA to also see this if at all possible.

As we all know Ding are playing this Friday night, so some of you may have a spare Saturday.

Well Didcot Town FC, as you may or may not know last week appointed Adie Williams as their new manager, as they desperately try and avoid the Southern Premier League trap door, and they are doing an offer for ALL Season Ticket and Member Card holders at Reading.

if you are one or t'other, you can get in for half price (£4.50) to watch Saturday's home game with Bashley. The ground is visibile from the station and a 10minute walk, or there is free car parking at the ground itself.

If you are stuck for something to do on Saturday then go and support Diddy for the day, I know for a fact they'd love to see you all down there!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: FAO - All Ding fans after Saturday's Football fix.

by Alan Partridge » 02 Feb 2011 17:12

In a bid to boost the attendance, we are offering half price entrance to Reading FC supporters who come along to watch new manager Ady Williams' first game in charge (against Bashley at the npower Loop Meadow Stadium) on Saturday 5 February 2011.

Adult Reading FC Season Ticket and Member Card holders supporters will gain entrance for just £4.50 (normal price £9), senior citizens £2.50 and children (under 16) will pay just £1, in an initiative to boost the crowd for Williams' opening home game (supporters must show their season ticket/membership cards at the turnstile).

Please help us spread the word, but also try and encourage as many of your friends and family along on Saturday to support the lads in what is a vital game for us.

That's from the DTFC website.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 02 Feb 2011 17:53

Out that day

ShinPad

by ShinPad » 02 Feb 2011 18:13

do they have a drummer that will get behind the team no matter what happens?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Feb 2011 18:42

ShinPad do they have a drummer that will get behind the team no matter what happens?

LOL nope.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 02 Feb 2011 20:33

I'll be @ Queens Park v East Stirling :oops:

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 02 Feb 2011 20:50

AndyRFC I'll be @ Queens Park v East Stirling :oops:

If East Stirling hadn't been thrown out of the Scots Cup what was plan a?

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 02 Feb 2011 20:59

Tad Showbiz
AndyRFC I'll be @ Queens Park v East Stirling :oops:

If East Stirling hadn't been thrown out of the Scots Cup what was plan a?

Plan A was QP v ES, until I realised they won the cup replay, and then Plan B was somewhere such as Clyde, Airdrie, Stirling, Stenhousemuir or Alloa, fankfully Plan A still is in fruition

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 02 Feb 2011 21:01

Alloa with their plastic pitch would have been ok.

Enjoy Hampden!

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 03 Feb 2011 12:51

Ady Williams New manager Ady Williams has spoken exclusively to the website about his appointment at the weekend, just hours before travelling to Evesham, and the challenge ahead this season:
"First of all I was delighted to be offered the managerial position at Didcot - I have known the club a while, I played here for Reading in friendlies, and I know the Chairman. I met the committee last week and have found the club friendly and welcoming which is a good start.
However, I am under no illusions, we need results and hopefully I will play my part in keeping Didcot in the Premier Division.
I'm pleased not to have a midweek game this week, it gives me the chance to get to know the lads in training on Tuesday and Thursday and to work on a few things.
It was tough start at Evesham; even before a ball was kicked it not easy for any of us. I only accepted the job on the morning of the game and then found myself on the bus and in the changing room just hours later. I think the players were more nervous than usual, and I didn't even know most of their names, which isn't ideal! I did have some input before and during the game and simply asked everyone to give me all they had; which they did to be fair. The game hinged on a couple of penalties first half and while I know there was some dispute about some of the decisions, it's very rare that a referee can be blamed for a defeat and I don't think the officials were responsible on Saturday.
I'm not expecting to turn things around immediately; everyone starts with a clean slate. For me right now it's about discipline, attitude, working hard in training and trying to play with confidence. I already see they are a good bunch of lads but improvements have to be found if we are going to move up the table.
I love the coaching side of things, working with players and doing things with them to improve certain parts of their game. We have lots to do but the players that want to learn and work hard I think will flourish. Those that don't may find it a lot tougher, but it's up to them.
Players will be given a chance, as I said, but I will be monitoring things on the training pitch as well as on matchdays. There isn't a lot of time, games are coming thick and fast, but I'm certainly not going to panic.
I'm watching two games this week and depending on how things go I may look to bring a couple of new players in over the next week or so, but nothings decided and we'll have to see.
I'm really looking forward to the challenge and hope we can start by giving a good account of ourselves on Saturday against Bashley. "

Read more from Ady in Saturday's matchday programme.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 03 Feb 2011 12:56

Ady Williams The game hinged on a couple of penalties first half and while I know there was some dispute about some of the decisions, it's very rare that a referee can be blamed for a defeat and I don't think the officials were responsible on Saturday.

absolutely fair fcuks, gr8 attitude

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Feb 2011 18:09

Bashley's early season form has dropped off in recent weeks so Didcot must have a chance in this game.

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1