ArsenaLOL

2279 posts
Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

Re: ArsenaLOL

by Royality creeps In » 19 Jul 2020 06:42

tidus_mi2 I'm happy for Emi that he's finally getting a shot at Arsenal and getting plaudits for his top performances.

He was excellent again last night. I reckon he has cemented himself as number one. Leno will have a job reclaiming the shirt off him.
Amazingly the defence was pretty good as well with Luiz starring :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Quite a week for the Gooners, having beaten the top two and really should have beaten SpuROFLS

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jul 2020 07:33

Arsenal are such A weird team.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 01 Aug 2020 20:05

Simmops Arsenal are such an FA cup winning team.

Eddie Nketiah has won more trophies than Harry Kane.
Last edited by Royality creeps In on 01 Aug 2020 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 01 Aug 2020 20:13

Royality creeps In

Not true if you count individual awards.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Aug 2020 20:26

Strange game....thought Pepe and Nketiah were awful. David Luis didn't look anything like the hopeless bint we have seen. Looked more like the Luis of Chelsea old.
Chelsea were awful, wasn't a red card but I doubt it wouldn't have made a difference. You can see why they lost so many games and shipped 52 goals. Lampard got lucky this season that other teams fell away when it mattered.
Really pleased for Martinez......what a great bloke.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 01 Aug 2020 22:10

I watched it with the sound off while watching the cricket. Does anybody know...
Why were Arsenal's shirt names and numbers written in a third reich font?
Why wasn't Azpilicueta sent off for the penalty foul?
Why hadn't another Chelsea player got a straight red for a flying foul before that?

Chelsea have too many players who are very good, but none who are brilliant. Except Kante, perhaps.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 Aug 2020 22:34

..... no idea about the officials/decisions during the Final but the weird font has something to do with the old crest/badge and will be used in Europa League/Cups for 20/21 - though Gooners aren't happy about it.

....does look a tad more Third Reich than Bill Shakespeare, which I think was the intent.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Aug 2020 13:34

Royality creeps In

Can’t be many with a Championship and an FA cup winners medal in the same season.
Technically he has the same combination of medals as the great Arsenal 1971 double winning side got.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Aug 2020 10:11

Willian moves to Arsenal. The Chelsea/Arsenal player merry-go-round continues!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Aug 2020 20:46

I'm back on Gnabry. Any club made as big a mistake and it not been made a huge deal of like Gnabry?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Aug 2020 20:51

NewCorkSeth I'm back on Gnabry. Any club made as big a mistake and it not been made a huge deal of like Gnabry?

Man Utd and Peter Beardsley (for those of us oldies)

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Aug 2020 21:04

NewCorkSeth I'm back on Gnabry. Any club made as big a mistake and it not been made a huge deal of like Gnabry?

According to wiki he has scored 13 goals in 13 games for Germany. As a winger.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2020 08:38

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 08:44

Hendo

He wasn't at the time, he was awful. Very easy to use hindsight to mock opinions.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2020 09:12

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

He wasn't at the time, he was awful. Very easy to use hindsight to mock opinions.

Yeah because players go from shit to Bayern in the space of a year.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 09:17

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

He was awful at West Brom, it is a fact. Pulis was responding to what he saw at the time. Obviously the player was playing well within himself and likely used in a role not suited to him so nobody saw the best of him. He also had a loan move upon going to Bayern which helped him show his true ability, it isn't like Bayern threw him straight in.

You should probably do your research before jumping in to conversations that have nothing to do with you.......

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2020 09:32

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews He wasn't at the time, he was awful. Very easy to use hindsight to mock opinions.

He was awful at West Brom, it is a fact. Pulis was responding to what he saw at the time. Obviously the player was playing well within himself and likely used in a role not suited to him so nobody saw the best of him. He also had a loan move upon going to Bayern which helped him show his true ability, it isn't like Bayern threw him straight in.

You should probably do your research before jumping in to conversations that have nothing to do with you.......

I reckon it is hard to justify saying he was shit at West Brom when he only was given one premier league game from the bench and was recalled in January because Pulis wouldn't play him.

If you think Pulis was right about Gnabry not being good enough and then a year and a half later he had suddenly scored 10 goals in the Bundesliga and getting signed by Bayern then I would suggest your opinion of Pulis' ability to judge attacking players is rather poor.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 09:54

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Yeah because players go from shit to Bayern in the space of a year.

I reckon it is hard to justify saying he was shit at West Brom when he only was given one premier league game from the bench and was recalled in January because Pulis wouldn't play him.

If you think Pulis was right about Gnabry not being good enough and then a year and a half later he had suddenly scored 10 goals in the Bundesliga and getting signed by Bayern then I would suggest your opinion of Pulis' ability to judge attacking players is rather poor.

I think it is fair to say Pulis wouldn't like Gnabry as a player but I think if the player was putting in the effort in training and showing willing he would have got into that WBA dross team. The liklihood is Gnabry didn't want to be there, put in sod all effort and didn't show the manager his true ability, Pulis responded to the question based on his direct dealings with the player.

The real dummies here are Arsenal, they had the player for years and didn't get the best out of him or see any long term potential apparently.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2020 09:58

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews He was awful at West Brom, it is a fact. Pulis was responding to what he saw at the time. Obviously the player was playing well within himself and likely used in a role not suited to him so nobody saw the best of him. He also had a loan move upon going to Bayern which helped him show his true ability, it isn't like Bayern threw him straight in.

I think it is fair to say Pulis wouldn't like Gnabry as a player but I think if the player was putting in the effort in training and showing willing he would have got into that WBA dross team. The liklihood is Gnabry didn't want to be there, put in sod all effort and didn't show the manager his true ability, Pulis responded to the question based on his direct dealings with the player.

The real dummies here are Arsenal, they had the player for years and didn't get the best out of him or see any long term potential apparently.

Agree that its possible but won't accept it as fact. Pulis could have easily just be looking for him to play a role he couldnt.

Arsenal obviously the dummies here but Wenger is claiming he wouldn't extend his contract. At the time didn't they have Santi, Sanchez and Ozil playing very well? Could easily be he didnt see a way into first team.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 10:02

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth I reckon it is hard to justify saying he was shit at West Brom when he only was given one premier league game from the bench and was recalled in January because Pulis wouldn't play him.

Agree that its possible but won't accept it as fact. Pulis could have easily just be looking for him to play a role he couldnt.

Arsenal obviously the dummies here but Wenger is claiming he wouldn't extend his contract. At the time didn't they have Santi, Sanchez and Ozil playing very well? Could easily be he didnt see a way into first team.

I believe he chose to keep and play Iwobi over Gnabry which now seems bizarre but at the time might have been a reflection of the players effort or lack of desire to stay. It would be interesting to hear from Wenger directly on it, he is the only one who knows the truth really. Could have been a case of the player being tapped up by Bayern and having his head turned, which young German player wouldn't be interested in going there?

2279 posts