ArsenaLOL

2279 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: ArsenaLOL

by genome » 16 Dec 2019 11:01

Must be. He was literally at Arsenal yesterday... why bother sneaking? The two clubs could've just had discussions together unless Arsenal are trying to be underhand

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Dec 2019 23:18

genome

Must be. He was literally at Arsenal yesterday... why bother sneaking? The two clubs could've just had discussions together unless Arsenal are trying to be underhand

Why go from Man City to Arsenal.....

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 18 Dec 2019 16:39

Simmops
genome

You asking why go from being a No2 Coach to a No1 Manager? :| :|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Dec 2019 16:49

John Madejski's Wallet
Simmops
genome

Just ignore him, he's up to his old tricks again.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Dec 2019 17:01

John Madejski's Wallet
Simmops
genome

Stay at a successful team where he could be manager but if not, they are successful nonetheless, in a safe position under one of the all time great minds.

Or join a failing and terrible Arsenal squad and take a massive risk and potentially better your reputation.

I know what I would choose.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Dec 2019 17:01

Old Man Andrews
John Madejski's Wallet
Simmops

Just ignore him, he's up to his old tricks again.

Nice whiteknighting
:wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Dec 2019 23:28

Simmops
John Madejski's Wallet
Simmops

Stay at a successful team where he could be manager but if not, they are successful nonetheless, in a safe position under one of the all time great minds.

Or join a failing and terrible Arsenal squad and take a massive risk and potentially better your reputation.

I know what I would choose.

You're a fool, so it's completely irrelevant

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2019 14:05

Arteta officially announced at Arsenal.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jan 2020 09:28

I have a soft spot for Arsenal. All of my family are Arsenal supporters except for an uncle that supports Chelsea.

That Martinelli fella looks very good. How did nobody else spot him? 6 million. Absolute steal. And Arsenal, imo, are slowly building up some very good players. They have a solid GK, some great academy talent coming through, Guendouzi looks a real player for his age and PEA is fantastic. So why are they so bad? I know a credible draw at Chelsea makes this a bad time to criticise them but how are they not winning matches?

I hope Arteta gets the chance to build.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2020 09:42

NewCorkSeth I have a soft spot for Arsenal. All of my family are Arsenal supporters except for an uncle that supports Chelsea.

That Martinelli fella looks very good. How did nobody else spot him? 6 million. Absolute steal. And Arsenal, imo, are slowly building up some very good players. They have a solid GK, some great academy talent coming through, Guendouzi looks a real player for his age and PEA is fantastic. So why are they so bad? I know a credible draw at Chelsea makes this a bad time to criticise them but how are they not winning matches?

Will be a massive blow if PEA goes to Barca, saw some rumours yesterday to that effect.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jan 2020 09:58

Hendo
NewCorkSeth I have a soft spot for Arsenal. All of my family are Arsenal supporters except for an uncle that supports Chelsea.

Will be a massive blow if PEA goes to Barca, saw some rumours yesterday to that effect.

Would be good business for Barca. He would score a truck load despite his age.

Lacazette seems to have not recovered from injury well. But Nketiah could get a chance. And Martinelli looks like a Suarez type.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Jan 2020 13:55

So many things wrong with this post: the inaccurate, biased drivel around their players mainly, but worst of all, the confession to be a closet supporter. Disgrace.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jan 2020 16:14

John Smith

So many things wrong with this post: the inaccurate, biased drivel around their players mainly, but worst of all, the confession to be a closet supporter. Disgrace.

Love you too x

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jan 2020 18:19

Rare 'greed with John Smith here (well, at least on some of it)

Guendouzi has looked like a liability whenever I've watched him - and their youngsters are good players but nowhere near the required level Arsenal want to be. Martinelli does look like a great find though. I can't see Aubameyang or Lacazette staying if they don't get European football this season.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 22 Jan 2020 20:49

Bloody funny to see that the Martinelli goal had a CheLOLsea player emulating Steven Gerrard :D

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 09:26

genome Rare 'greed with John Smith here (well, at least on some of it)

Guendouzi has looked like a liability whenever I've watched him - and their youngsters are good players but nowhere near the required level Arsenal want to be. Martinelli does look like a great find though. I can't see Aubameyang or Lacazette staying if they don't get European football this season.

You sure you're not watching Luiz?? Guendouzi is a real talent.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2020 09:30

NewCorkSeth

Yep, granted I've not seen him regularly, but whenever I have he's made several mistakes and kept losing the ball

And be aware that post is written by someone from a Spurs supporting family

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 09:38

genome
NewCorkSeth

Yep, granted I've not seen him regularly, but whenever I have he's made several mistakes and kept losing the ball

And be aware that post is written by someone from a Spurs supporting family

Fair enough. I think that someone of his age playing as well as he does (when I have watched him) shows Arsenal have a player with great potential on their hands.

In terms of the academy players I referenced Maitland-Niles, Saka, Nelson, Nketiah and Willock all look like they can play at the level Arsenal are at right now. Sure they need to be competing at the top and those guys aren't there yet but I'm fairly sure some will make it.

Tierney, Bellerin and Pepe are good players at a valuable age too. They just need some CBs and, from what I have been told, that Saliba kid is supposed to be quite the up and coming player albeit with a concerning injury record.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jan 2020 10:41

NewCorkSeth

I'm amazed Luiz still gets employed by a top club (cue the "he plays for Arsenal" jokes)

Having said that he's always come across as a daydreaming Sideshow Bob impersonator with a total calamity just up his sleeve.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 10:46

From Despair To Where?
NewCorkSeth

I'm amazed Luiz still gets employed by a top club (cue the "he plays for Arsenal" jokes)

Having said that he's always come across as a daydreaming Sideshow Bob impersonator with a total calamity just up his sleeve.

He has actually been alright this season, he isn't the main culprit at Arsenal. That clown Mustafi is so much worse, I have no idea how he is at a big club like Arsenal tbh. Sokratis is also worse than Luiz.

2279 posts